West Palm Beach, FL
Palm Beach Atlantic University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Palm Beach Atlantic University

Julia

If I could go back in time and talk to myself as a high school senior, I would have given myself some advice on family, friends, and focus. Since being away at college, I have had only an iota of time to spend with my family. My visits tend to be limited to the four major breaks in the school year--Thanksgiving, Christmas, spring break, and summertime-- wheras in high school, I had a practically unlimited amount of opportunities to spend with my family. If I could time travel back to that time, I would have encouraged myself to invest more in those lasting relationships I have in my family and less with those short-lived high school friendships. Although some of my friends from home are some of my best friends, most of my friendships died off, even some of my closest ones. Furthermore, in retrospect, my focus was not in the right place when I left high school. I was too enveloped by the idea that I had to find "the one" as soon as possible instead of being completely devoted to my studies, and as a result, I allowed my heart to be broken too many times.

People who desire a strong, personalized education and a stronger relationship with Jesus Christ or are open or curious about Christianity should attend this school. People who do not want to be constantly tempted to act immorally but instead encouraged in their walk with Christ definitely should go here. There are many opportunities to attend bible studies, student-led worship nights, and chapel. It is a small school, making it very much like a family.

People who are looking for a "party" school where they can drink and "play around" should not attend this school. Since it is a Christian university, they have rules prohibiting underage drinking and having sex before marriage. Although they are not overbearing like some Christian colleges, they make those who go against the rules go to counselling.

A small school focused on spiritual growth and closeness to God without sacrificing the importance of a well rounded education that will firther you in your career goals.

I have learned an expertise in my field of study while gaining meaningful relationships and a strengthening of my faith. I have enjoyed my time at this school and continue to work for my benefit. I have seen spiritual and academic growth in tremendous ways in just the 3 years that I have been here.

While it is a Christian university, students from other religions are not turned away. Someone who is interested in learning more and is willing to work hard.

Nya

Ever since I was 8 years old, I wanted to live and attend school in North Carolina. College was the first opportunity I had to make that dream a reality, and I took advantage of it. I am so glad I did. The relationships I have built while in college will last a lifetime. This experience has also taught me how to manage my finances and time. I have become better at prioritizing which has helped me in every aspect of my life.

Rebekah

I have experienced being on my own, which really make me apprciate my parents even more. I have noticed that depending on God is the best decision that a college student would ever make. When situations become stressful and you may feel like you cannot bear it anymore, that is the time when you need to hand it over to God and let Him take absolute control. Trust in God and depend on Him for everything! This is what the college experience has taught me and this is why it is so significant to me.

The best things about my school are that it is a Christian University, it is clean, tha atmosphere is amazing, the people are friendly, and the beach is within walking distance from the school.

There is nothing bad about the school that I attend. The only thing that I would change is making the chaple sevice longer than 50 minutes.

After spending three years as a Business major, I confidently made the decision to transition into the study of Pharmacy. The transition into the Pharmacy program has been one of the most difficult challenges I have faced in my life thus far. Coming from a background of business, it was quite a shock turning my focus to the study habits of a pre-health major. Enduring such a demanding course load forced me to modify and enhance my old study habits in order to succeed. Along the way I have been up against some of the greatest challenges that have lead to both success and failure. The application process into the upcoming Pharmacy Graduate program has been yet another demanding encounter. Through out my college experience I have encountered much stress and pressure to compete against others with the same common interest. It has been a bumpy road thus far, but I am deeply committed to pursuing the dream of becoming a Pharmacist. My devotion has allowed a positive attitude to stay in the game, while I strive for the best of what is to come next in the Pharmacy program.

Palm Beach Atlantic University has a well organized 'passport' system that allows students to easily have access to fulfilling pre-semester requirements; such as financial aid, class registration, health forms, tuition bill pay, etc. When properly set up, this passport system allows students to easily maintain these requirements at the beginning of each semester. If students choose to not use this system, it is much more difficult and stressful to take care of these requirements. Prior to attending this institution, I was not told about this system. Therefore, I had to spend my first week struggling with these issues.

Palm Beach Atlantic University is a very close community that allows students and faculty to greatly express their religious views and culture. Though this institution is strictly focused on Christianity, it does have a great amount of religious diversity. As a student at PBA, it is required to fulfill community service and chapel requirements, as well as a couple basic Biblical studies courses. Though this school does not discriminate, it is recommended that those who are uncomfortable with such religious expression and devotion do not attend.

Beverly

Being the top christian college.

Being the top christian college.

I have not attended the universty yet but attending a school tour and meeting with my counselor is something great i truly enjoyed it and the people there i know it will be a fresh start with a great surrounding, many achievements, plenty accomplishments, and lastly building such faith within God and myself.

I am completely satisfied with Palm Beach Atlantic Universty i have no fustrations within myself for the this school and i am excited on entering this fall.

Jonathan

From my experience at Palm Beach Atlantic University, I have gained a great deal of wisdom and been placed in some situations that are nothing short of unique that have allowed me to grow in countless ways. From Experiences abroad including an accidental arrest in India, to volunteering and leading community service projects in my local community; PBA has been an ideal place to show that you do not have to have much to give a gift and touch a life. Sitting on campus one mile from one of the richest places on earth to the east and one of the neediest places in the country to the west is a perspective that cannot be gained at very many schools. PBA is truly a one of a kind school and a one of a kind experience showing that there is more to a university than you can ever gain from a pamphlet. ..oh and the classroom learning is great too!

The best thing about PBA is the friendly, supportive staff and the professor's willingness to work with any student that may need help or simply dig deeper into the learning program they have chosen. As well as a great place to help out the community.

Palm Beach Atlantic is a great school for personal attention, cultural sensitivity, and a place that allows you to grow personally while maintaining an environment of stability. It offers a great deal of freedom and let's not forget the beach a mile away. The location is a great place to show that you do not need a great deal of money to help out the community and that often times, the people who need the most help are in the places that have the most.

Kaitlyn

Palm beach atlantic university is known for its high sence of community, beautiful beach location, and is small student to faculty ratio.

The point of going to college is to receive the best education possible in order to pursue the career of choice; however, what most students fail to realize is that college is not just an academic institution of preference, but rather, a complete lifestyle. I have personally grown in so many different ways since I started attending Palm Beach Atlantic University two years ago. College has become so much more than an education. During the last two years I have discovered myself as a person, been actively involved in the community, held many diverse leadership positions on campus and I have also learned how to be a more rounded individual. Palm Beach Atlantic University has enabled me to develop into the well rounded person I am today. During my last two years at pba I have given back to the community through workship opportunities, and I have also held leadership positions such as orientation leader for freshman, and Resident assistant for my hall. In conclusion I have learned how to better cope with change, conflict, and stress. College has opened doors and taught me how to succeed, how to be a leader, and how to thrive as an educated individual.

The kind of person that would thrive at palm beach atlantic university is someone who loves the warm subtropic environment, loves the beach and outdoors, is comfortable at a smaller school where you get to know almost everyone. Is likely to get involved with student activities and community outreach, and who is a person with strong christian beleifs.

Joanne

The location of the school is unique. Its close proximity to the beach attracted many student. I loved the small class sizes, but, looking back, I don't think that I would've spent all of the tuition money again if I had a "do over."

During my college experience, I made a handful of lifelong friends and worked hard to learn as much as I possibly could. Due to how closed-minded many of the people on campus were, I learned a lot about how I don?t want to act towards others. Overall, I grew as a individual and academically.

Tuition and how closed-minded everyone on campus is

melissa

college is a great experience. It gives you an opportunity to learn, interact with students and grow as an individual. i have personally grown to mature and look at the world in different perspectives. i have learned that you cannot conquer what you dont confront in life. That whatever i put my mind to i can achieve it.

I really dont have anything negative to say about this university. I was very content with everything.

The most thing i brag about this university to friends would be how close the beach is to our campus. Along with the amazing weather year round.

Palm Beach Atlantic University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.