Portland, OR
Portland State University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Portland State University

Fixed  rate loan

Ashli
When you step off campus what do you see?

When you step off campus what do you see?

More buildings. Portland State is right smack dab in the middle of downtown Portland. There are skyscrapers everywhere. Also, watch out for streetcar grooves.

AP US History is super hard compared to the classes I take here. I took APUSH my Junior year and it caused several stress-fuelled breakdowns. Here, my hardest class is biology. Well, they call it biology, everyone else calls it how to use Microsoft Excel.

Andrea
Such a great progressive school

Such a great progressive school

Definitely the best choice I made, there is so much opportunity here. The instructors here are always there and always helpful. Apart from the beautiful campus located in downtown Portland, the people, and surrounding area offers a lot of activities, especially outdoors!

Perlita
Great place to learn and grow!

Great place to learn and grow!

I am from a small town in Eastern Oregon. I was not used to the city life but I wanted to try something out of my comfort zone in order to grow as a person. I choose Portland State for its diversity, proximity to my hometown, and all the opportunities the university provides. Portland State University is an amazing place to grow and foster your own beliefs. Portland State has given me the ability to venture outside of my comfort zone while also having the support of staff, peers and advisors. Portland State is downtown. Therefore, if you are not comfortable with the noises and culture of the city it is probably not the place for you. Even though Portland State is downtown, it still feels like a community. PSU looks like a huge campus, but once you are accustom to the school it begins to feel smaller. PSU measures up to any other public school in Oregon. What makes it unique is the opportunities and the experience you cannot get anywhere else but in an urban campus.

Emelin
New?

Its nice

New?

Its nice

Lynn
Portland State is a Great Urban School!

Portland State is a Great Urban School!

Many people who live in Portland see PSU as a stepping stone or a cheaper option before leaving for a more popular school like OSU or UO, but this truly is a great place. I like how we have such a diverse student body. When we work at our future jobs, you will most likely work with many different people, so I feel that PSU gives you many opportunities to interact with people who come with different backgrounds. Additionally, PSU's engineering college is usually over shadowed by OSU's, but PSU has a great engineering program! The professors are diverse and really care about the students. I know that minority students from other engineering schools may get discouraged, because the engineering field is dominated by Anglo males, which is why I appreciate how PSU supports their minority students and lets us know that they're available if we need help.

Marlo
Vik Up

Vik Up

Portland State is a great university because it is there for all the "right" reason you go to college for. Academics are primary and the sports are secondary. As much as I am a sports enthusiast, I love that I don't feel that my school cares more about our athletics than their students education. The street car is my favorite thing about PSU because as a PSU student, you can ride it for FREE and it can take you to or near major Portland areas in just minutes. Yes, PSU isn't a party school but you are paying big bucks to get an education here so being able to focus on your studies without the social pressure is completely fine by me!

Social activist fit perfectly in portland State. Anyone who had a strong passion in life will always have place at psu.

That there is a lot of miscommunication between administrators and the rest of the school. A lot of our systems that are in place are a lot more complicated then it should be.

Portland State Review

Portland State Review

It's a great commuter school that is good if you're trying to get your education but if you're looking for that all typical college experience where people rally on saturday for the football games or sporting events it's not likely that you'll find that here. I love it though, it's laid back and easy and you feel no pressure to be anybody but yourself!

Tiffany Amber
PSU the Place to Be !

PSU the Place to Be !

Portland State is located in the <3 of Downtown, the most convenient, unique and fun place to be if you're looking for a college experience that's near the city, restaurants, parks, concerts, hikes, and best of all free events! As a broke college student, it's important to be at a college where there is plenty of opportunity to gathering free food (food pantry & cultural events), getting involved (over 200 clubs), and EMPLOYMENT (on campus & off campus jobs, yes!). The professors are so knowledgeable and up to date, they also invite students to partake in their research; so well rounded in the arts, humanities, and sciences so it's understandable if you have trouble finding a program or major to study. Not too worry, we do have advisors if you're undeclared, and they're there to help prep and advise you for interviews, resumes, and future employment. A city with a lot of character, and a small town feel so no matter where you're coming from, you are able to feel like you're home again!

Portland State University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.