Birmingham, AL
University of Alabama at Birmingham

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend University of Alabama at Birmingham

Meaghan

We are a small school where you can see some of the same people everyday walking around campus. But not so small that you know everyone. This school is the smallest school I applied for and I could not be happier.

I would tell myself to take less than 17 hours my first semester. And don't take any classes before 10 AM. That was my downfall my freshman year. And that is the reason I have had to work extra hard to get my GPA back up over the past couple of years. I would tell myself to be sweeter to my family, so maybe I wouldn't have to apply for every scholarship I could find. I am very blessed to have a family who have supported me throughout my life.

The fact that they are thinking about shutting down the honors program.

UAB is an university that has a sense of community, family, and a sense of pride of what the students and university is doing in the community and what they are striving for in the future; UAB has the aspect of all of the fun and action of bigger school but students can fill proud that others can't just go to the store and buy UAB things they have to come to the campus to get those items.

UAB allowed me to fullfill going into the medical field with more then one option at the school and connections in the medical field. It allows me to be just far away from home that I can be independent but with a school that supports with my dreams. This school allows students to have fun of a bigger university with the classes of smaller schools. It has teachers that have PhDs in thier background teaching the class and they are researching that field while teaching for students to have the best information in each field.

Fill out scholarships! Money does not grow on trees and getting an eduaction cost a lot of money. Take your ACT again for a higher score because one point higher can be worth thousands. Get a job whenever you can because books alone can make you spend your whole graduation money and birthday money. Have fun in highschool but also think about whatever you want to do later in life. It is ok if you do not know what you want to major in. Spend as much time as you can with your friends and family your senior year because soon everyone will be moving. College classes are like taking all AP classes and your teachers in college will not babysit you and they do not care if you skip class that just hurts you. Stop worring about relationships in high school and sex because really it is over rated and you spent way too long worring about boys then working on class work. Retake any AP tests if you can because it can be worth money the $100 or college credit. Just take a breathe and stop trying to rush into college and growing up. Take it slow.

Jelissa

Organization is the key to sucess. Start getting organized now because in college you will need to be very oragnize. College is totally different from highschool. You cannot be as laid back, you will have to be on top of everything you do. Get organized.

To be honest there is nothing i dislike abou tmy school. I absolutly love my school. It is located in a great place, very diverse, and everyone there is very friendly and will help in anyways possible. I love UAB.

I fell like everyone should atend this school. This school is very educated, they are very helpful, very friendly, and will make you feel at home.

charles

UAB is difficult and challenging but fair.

UAB is difficult and challenging but fair.

If I could go back in time and meet my high school self I would tell myself to make sure I look for more scholarships before goin to college to make the financial burden a little bit less

Before I came to UAB, I wish I had known about the somewhat difficult transition there would be from my community college to UAB.

Autumn

Dear Autumn, College is not as scary as you think it is. The people don’t bite and the professors aren’t out to get you. I know you want to be around your friends from high school but you need to think about yourself and choose the college that is right for you. Once you have made up your mind as to what college you want to go to make sure to enjoy your first year. Immerse yourself into the college life meet new people and experience new things. Don’t be afraid to be yourself, people will love you because of it. Also, don’t forget to keep your grades up in the process this will save you trouble later in your college career, trust me. It is also important to have your future career in mind to avoid taking pointless classes that don’t count toward your degree. The most important advice that I can give is to embrace college it is a completely different place from high school. I believe in you and make the most of it.

The worst thing about UAB would have to be the lack of food places. I feel this way because we dont have enough variety of places to eat from while on campus.

The kind of person who should attend UAB should be a person who is motivated and would like to succeed in life.

Kelsey

I would first tell myself to enjoy the time I have with family. It is so important to continue to make those relationships flourish, even with distance during college. I would also tell myself to enjoy each moment in high school and not to override it with the impulse to experience the adventures of college life. I would also stress to myself to stay motivated and don’t get too much senioritis because many people and organizations are willing to award me for my hard work and diligence in high school. Most importantly, I would tell myself to stay true to who I am and try my best to make a positive, lasting impression on those around me.

A student that loves diversity is a great candidate for this school. This school offers so many enriching cultural events and just the various people you see walking around campus. If a student loves being challenged and enjoys the process of learning, this school is great. In particular, this school is widely known for its medical programs and research accreditations. If a student is looking to get into things such as: nursing, respiratory therapy, or physical therapy, this I a great school to consider. If you enjoy any of these things, I am sure the student will love this school.

If a student is looking for culturally similar environment, this is not the school for them. UAB caters and reaches out to an international and diverse learning environment. Also, if a student is not used to being academically challenged or is unorganized, I would not recommend them to attend. As a student at UAB, you have to be disciplined and well organized. Keeping up at any college is a hard task. I believe UAB goes beyond to produce and truly prepare successful students and the curriculum is not for everyone.

Gina

A big campus in the middle of the city with tons of students and faculty from all over the world.

Hey! Calm down. The life ahead of you is so much brighter than you can imagine. Continue to devote more time on your school work instead of the social life you will barely care about in a few months. Apply for scholarships every single day! Make it a second part-time job. It is so hard to balance school work and a job! Listen to mommy. Stay home and go to UAB! This school fits you perfectly and it saves a ton of time and money. There are so many opportunities there for you. Don't worry, you will know exactly what you want to do with the rest of your life by your second year there. College is not scary. It is one of the best experiences you will ever have and you are going to make the best friends you will ever have. Above all, you are smarter than you think. Love yourself and remain confident. That is the key to success in school.

The school needs a better form of letting students know about upcoming important events.

Ivan

The advice I would give myself to help with the transition from highschool to college would be to stay on task and stay involved in campus activities. Staying active in college helps a student enjoy his or her time and meet new friends.

Rheanna

If I could go back in time and talk to myself, I'd lock myself in a room and give me a stern talking to. “Ronnie,” I'd say, yelling over Coheed and Cambria playing in the background, “You're going nowhere fast and you'll soon regret it. Sure, a year after graduation you'll see the error of your ways and turn your life around...but by then you will have already wasted a good head start on your career. No, you can't go into the military, but that doesn't mean life is over; the CIA and FBI are viable choices that are looking for Human Resources managers. Maybe you could start a business!” I'd shake my head as I would try to talk myself out of it. “Think of the options you're not looking into. Research. You're smarter than they say you are. Buck up soldier, 'cause time waits for no one.” Then, after sharing the greasiest In-N-Out Animal burger of all time, I would compliment my mohawk and then poof back to the future. After all, Glee starts in five minutes and I don't want to miss it.

University of Alabama at Birmingham administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.