Birmingham, AL
University of Alabama at Birmingham

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend University of Alabama at Birmingham

Autumn

Dear Autumn, College is not as scary as you think it is. The people don’t bite and the professors aren’t out to get you. I know you want to be around your friends from high school but you need to think about yourself and choose the college that is right for you. Once you have made up your mind as to what college you want to go to make sure to enjoy your first year. Immerse yourself into the college life meet new people and experience new things. Don’t be afraid to be yourself, people will love you because of it. Also, don’t forget to keep your grades up in the process this will save you trouble later in your college career, trust me. It is also important to have your future career in mind to avoid taking pointless classes that don’t count toward your degree. The most important advice that I can give is to embrace college it is a completely different place from high school. I believe in you and make the most of it.

The worst thing about UAB would have to be the lack of food places. I feel this way because we dont have enough variety of places to eat from while on campus.

The kind of person who should attend UAB should be a person who is motivated and would like to succeed in life.

Kelsey

I would first tell myself to enjoy the time I have with family. It is so important to continue to make those relationships flourish, even with distance during college. I would also tell myself to enjoy each moment in high school and not to override it with the impulse to experience the adventures of college life. I would also stress to myself to stay motivated and don’t get too much senioritis because many people and organizations are willing to award me for my hard work and diligence in high school. Most importantly, I would tell myself to stay true to who I am and try my best to make a positive, lasting impression on those around me.

A student that loves diversity is a great candidate for this school. This school offers so many enriching cultural events and just the various people you see walking around campus. If a student loves being challenged and enjoys the process of learning, this school is great. In particular, this school is widely known for its medical programs and research accreditations. If a student is looking to get into things such as: nursing, respiratory therapy, or physical therapy, this I a great school to consider. If you enjoy any of these things, I am sure the student will love this school.

If a student is looking for culturally similar environment, this is not the school for them. UAB caters and reaches out to an international and diverse learning environment. Also, if a student is not used to being academically challenged or is unorganized, I would not recommend them to attend. As a student at UAB, you have to be disciplined and well organized. Keeping up at any college is a hard task. I believe UAB goes beyond to produce and truly prepare successful students and the curriculum is not for everyone.

Gina

A big campus in the middle of the city with tons of students and faculty from all over the world.

Hey! Calm down. The life ahead of you is so much brighter than you can imagine. Continue to devote more time on your school work instead of the social life you will barely care about in a few months. Apply for scholarships every single day! Make it a second part-time job. It is so hard to balance school work and a job! Listen to mommy. Stay home and go to UAB! This school fits you perfectly and it saves a ton of time and money. There are so many opportunities there for you. Don't worry, you will know exactly what you want to do with the rest of your life by your second year there. College is not scary. It is one of the best experiences you will ever have and you are going to make the best friends you will ever have. Above all, you are smarter than you think. Love yourself and remain confident. That is the key to success in school.

The school needs a better form of letting students know about upcoming important events.

Ivan

The advice I would give myself to help with the transition from highschool to college would be to stay on task and stay involved in campus activities. Staying active in college helps a student enjoy his or her time and meet new friends.

Rheanna

If I could go back in time and talk to myself, I'd lock myself in a room and give me a stern talking to. “Ronnie,” I'd say, yelling over Coheed and Cambria playing in the background, “You're going nowhere fast and you'll soon regret it. Sure, a year after graduation you'll see the error of your ways and turn your life around...but by then you will have already wasted a good head start on your career. No, you can't go into the military, but that doesn't mean life is over; the CIA and FBI are viable choices that are looking for Human Resources managers. Maybe you could start a business!” I'd shake my head as I would try to talk myself out of it. “Think of the options you're not looking into. Research. You're smarter than they say you are. Buck up soldier, 'cause time waits for no one.” Then, after sharing the greasiest In-N-Out Animal burger of all time, I would compliment my mohawk and then poof back to the future. After all, Glee starts in five minutes and I don't want to miss it.

Jacob

UAB offers an excellent opportunity for students to earn a competitive eduation at a competitive cost.

UAB, centrally located in the heart of Birmingham, AL, is best known for its world-class medical facilities and research.

College is not high school. Apply every ounce of energy to your education as it will pay off. Set small goals that transpire into larger goals. Do not ever become satisfied or complacent.

Margo

When I was in high school no one even talked to me about my options for college and I really had no idea about colleges outside of my state of Florida. Looking back now, I would have explored my options more because I never should have settled for one college. High school seniors should apply everywhere they possibly can! In retrospect, I would have spent more time asking my guidance counselor questions about colleges and methods of paying for college. I also came from a very low-income family and I never thought I could go to the school of my choice. I had no idea about the resources that could help me pay for school. There are so many scholarships available, one just has to take the time to complete the application or essays. Also I would also tell myself that it doesn't matter if you are not completely sure what your career choice is when you first enter college. Do not let that be the reason you do not start college after high school. I changed my major twice when I first started. Finally, don't be afraid of failure or success!

UAB is the ideal school for anyone trying to pursue a career in the medical field. They have an amaizng program with instructors who actually know what they are talking about and will do whatever possible to help you succeed in the class. Take advantage of the knowledge held by your professors and create educational relationships with them; they could be great resources for the future.

The most frustrating thing about my school is parking! Make sure you get to school at least 30 minutes prior to the start of your class! You will need the time to find a parking spot. Parking is bad at almost all universities, not just UAB. I transferred from the University of Central Florida and their parking was just as frustrating. There is no way around the bad parking, you just need to prepare yourself for anything!

Catherine

My school is most widely known for it's research hospital and also for being one of the most diverse campuses. I find that our hospital brings a lot into the community and not only helps with the education of the students (whether by working there or actually voluenteering in different facilities) and helps them gain a better understanding of many of the fields of study they will have to deal with.

If I could go back with the knowledge I have gained now, I would keep myself open to colleges like UAB and not aim for colleges so far away from home. A great education was at my finger tips and I tried my hardest to not attend. When I finally started classes at UAB, I found out that this was what I was looking for all along and that being closer to home would help me transition to college easier. One thing I would remind myself is to be open to new choices and remember that now everything is up to you. Whether you succeed or fail is in your hands and yours alone. You have to make the choice.

I brag most about the diversity on campus. With so many chances to get involved in an urban enviroment is a different experience than what most. I enjoy having a chance to meet so many different from different walks of life, who share different experiences, and sharing what you can with each and every person. I brag too much about my campus and being able to make the most out of the college experience that I can.

Brandon

Assuming I went back in time, I would tell my high school senior self to keep going the path that

The thing that I despised the most about my school is that at times, things such as lectures, to me, can drag on a bit too long. Other than that, I cannot really say anything bad about UAB.

I do not really brag too much about myself being quite a modest person, but I would admit that I boast about how I can understand somethings quicker than an average student.

University of Alabama at Birmingham administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.