Princess Anne, MD
University of Maryland Eastern Shore

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend University of Maryland Eastern Shore

Cameron

University of Maryland Eastern Shore is a very loving and family atmosphere that you'll always feel at home. Once I stepped on campus, I knew this school was the perfect match for me. The students are strongly passionate about the culture and helping the Black community through tough times and informing them to pay attention to the events that go on around the world. Professors and staff offer many resources and ways to help students succeed in the classroom and prepare you for the next chapter of your life. HBCU's students and staff want only the best for everyone.

Helen

It a good school . We aren't allowed to have parties anymore so it's not really that fun .The food is good .We do have 3on campus dinning places . The school cut down on off campus housing , so if you wanna stay of campus then you might have to lease unfortunately.

Jerron

I enjoyed UMES and it had a great all around environment and culture. The people on campus were very helpful and tended to all problems and questions I had. I really enjoyed UMES !

Umes is a good school, if you want to learn there are people here for you and if you want to party there are also people here for you. The school provides many opportunities to help you learn and understand from tutors to one on ones with the teachers. The school is also diverse culturally and athletically, we have sports ranging from volleyball to golf.

Nikkius

University of Maryland Eastern Shore has a lot of opportunities and information that is exposed to us to help us for future preferences, which a lot of other colleges that do not have. Specifically, Maryland colleges will pay for college tuition based upon grades, I'm a first semester freshmen college and I am aware of a lot of opportunities here. Currently, I'm in the National Society Leadership and Success program and they give great sitting halls as well as recommendations for internships, anything you name it.

Preston

This school to others may seem, bland and boring. I think this school is suitable for those students who are really social and yet still academically inclined. There's always something there for you to do, even when you think there isn't anything to do. There is. This is a great school to attend. It's a place where everyone has the same mindset and that's; Get to class, Pass, and Graduate.

Andy

During the move in day to UMES. The staff and RAs' were extremely helpful. The first day of class was also one asset for this school. The teachers seem to have an organized structure of teaching and guiding students towards their success in school. Nevertheless, the students were also friendly with each other and there was a ​sense of communion.

Glory

You will meet many people with different opinions about this school. Some will say the like the school, and that they have a great time, while others will say that they hate the school, like absolutely hate it. As for me, I have had the best memories of my life so far at this school, with the amazing people I met. Having a great experience at this school relies solely on the type of person you are. If you aren't someone who likes to go out and socialize, making new friends, you WILL NOT have fun. You can't expect to stay locked up in your room and have fun. So if you are anti social, it will not work. You need to make the best of what you got, and staying cooked up in a room will not suffice.

Where is the best place to get work done on campus?

I could always get work done in my dorm, because I had an amazing roommate who was not distracting or created problems. But for does who are unfortunate to work in the comfort of your dorm room, the next location for piece and quiet, would be the library. The librarians make sure that its a place where you can really focus and get work done. And if you have a group assignment, the library has rooms to accommodate does group meetings with proper resources.

Cheyenne

The overall sciences programs are wonderful! Highly recommend for graduate programs!

I do not know of any stereotypes at my university.

Mostly African American. Small percentage of other minorities including Caucasian.

Academics are moderate in terms of difficulty.

Amari

University of Maryland, Eastern Shore falls short on many levels. The biggest issues I have had with the school is the technology issues and communication. Blackboard goes down at least once per week and for classes that require usage of Blackboard it is a huge problem. The lack of communication between, teachers, the book stores and publishers is terrible. It is not close to mid term time and I still am having problems with the code that came with the book that I purchased from our school book store.

Black students that could not get in any other college. Truth is, the school is no longer an all black university and some of the students are very intelligent and chose the school specifically to challenge that stereotype.

The students are diverse.

The level of the classes range from very easy to very difficult. Some teachers care enough to push us while others don't.

University of Maryland Eastern Shore administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.