Princess Anne, MD
University of Maryland Eastern Shore

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend University of Maryland Eastern Shore

Glory

You will meet many people with different opinions about this school. Some will say the like the school, and that they have a great time, while others will say that they hate the school, like absolutely hate it. As for me, I have had the best memories of my life so far at this school, with the amazing people I met. Having a great experience at this school relies solely on the type of person you are. If you aren't someone who likes to go out and socialize, making new friends, you WILL NOT have fun. You can't expect to stay locked up in your room and have fun. So if you are anti social, it will not work. You need to make the best of what you got, and staying cooked up in a room will not suffice.

Where is the best place to get work done on campus?

I could always get work done in my dorm, because I had an amazing roommate who was not distracting or created problems. But for does who are unfortunate to work in the comfort of your dorm room, the next location for piece and quiet, would be the library. The librarians make sure that its a place where you can really focus and get work done. And if you have a group assignment, the library has rooms to accommodate does group meetings with proper resources.

Cheyenne

The overall sciences programs are wonderful! Highly recommend for graduate programs!

I do not know of any stereotypes at my university.

Mostly African American. Small percentage of other minorities including Caucasian.

Academics are moderate in terms of difficulty.

Amari

University of Maryland, Eastern Shore falls short on many levels. The biggest issues I have had with the school is the technology issues and communication. Blackboard goes down at least once per week and for classes that require usage of Blackboard it is a huge problem. The lack of communication between, teachers, the book stores and publishers is terrible. It is not close to mid term time and I still am having problems with the code that came with the book that I purchased from our school book store.

Black students that could not get in any other college. Truth is, the school is no longer an all black university and some of the students are very intelligent and chose the school specifically to challenge that stereotype.

The students are diverse.

The level of the classes range from very easy to very difficult. Some teachers care enough to push us while others don't.

Allison

UMES is an HBCU on the east coast that has a diverse cultural enrollment.

UMES is an HBCU on the east coast that has a diverse cultural enrollment.

I brag about the fact that it is near the Atlantic Ocean. The school is about 30 minutes from Ocean City, Maryland. It is close enough that we can go there on the weekend if we have a free weekend,

Chantoye

Choosing college could be the most stressful thing for an high school senior. If i could have known what i know now about college and making transition, i would have made a better choice, personally. College isnt all about the parties, and having the best college expreince and being far away from home. which i was really worried about. But college should be about who i be able to find a job after i gradaute or how might taking this major at this particular school help me real my life time goals. If i had any advice like this prior to my high school senior year, i believe i would have made better choices for myself.

Eastern Shore can becoming fustrating at times. As far as finacial aid , which is the most important part. they workers could be very mean at time and not willing to help the students that attend the school unless there parents are involved. -The new dinning service that they have now at eastern shore is really bad, many students complain about the food all the time.

Rasheeda

A warm balanced environment that helps and promote the education and successful living

The advice I would give to my high school self is be patient Become a critical thinker, do not just act off emotions, think before you speak, become compassionate and trusting of others, more importantly yourself. Don’t not let anyone tell you that you can’t accomplish your goals, or perform your gifts. Allow every obstacle to become each accomplishment. Obliterate mediocre thinking and PLEASE keep going Protect each dream and motivation, do not allow the influence of other, or their expectations to become you. Take advantage of every opportunity and soar through life

The best thing about my school is the open door of opportunities that are offered. We have so many programs, organizations, and outreach actives on campus that not only strength student’s interpersonal skills but they help prepare for adulthood. UMES has seminars, and meetings that help with college life, and adaption to the real world. The opportunities here help you become more successful, more organize and helps with maturity broad field of innovations and teachings, sorority clubs and organization all that which are offered to me and that I have and will continue to take full advantage

breyana

This school a very pleasant and quite campus.

This school a very pleasant and quite campus.

I would tell myself dont expect college would be an easy transition fro high school. When you come , come prepared to be hit with a crazy amount of exceptations from your family and the school.

Someone who likes to party a lot shouldnt attend this school.

Courtney

This University is a beautiful campus. One of the best parts about UMES is the diversity. We have a copious amount of students from all over. Everyone is open to the cultures that they encounter and everyone is approachable. I am a Marketing major at this university. The Business Department is great at preparing me for the "real world." The department strives on making sure everyone is successful. Every professors that I had does not set you up for failure. They are determine to make you learn and apply yourself when faced with challenges. It is important to keep in mind that you are in charge of your own success. Like many other Universities, you are not going to like all your professors or the work given. However, if you apply yourself, work hard, and ask questions; you will exceed. There are numerous organizations that you can take part of at this campus. I personally think we have different organizations that cater to everyone's interest. It is hard not to get involved on this campus because of the opportunities.

The academics at this school are good. Students have to realize though that they have to take full responsibilities when it comes to their education. Many students complain about their classes and professors, but you will find people like that at any University. Your education is not a free easy pass and it is important to keep that in mind. This is not a place where you can skip classes and expect to pass. You have to apply yourself at all times.

Crescentia

If I could go back in time when I was a high school senior I would have told myself to go on more college fairs or schedule to go to an individual college to get an actual feeling of what it would be like to go there. I would tell myself to ask a lot more questions on the types of programs and clubs they offer. I would have told myself to stop wasting my time getting nervous, thinking that I would fail and not make it in life.

I would consider the lack of clubs as the worst part of the school. The school needs to offer more clubs especially sports club for students who want to play sports but aren’t athletic.

I always brag about the community in the classrooms and dorms. The professors are passionate about what they teach and make the information they give relevant to our life so we could better comprehend their lectures. Furthermore, the resident assistant and fellow students that stay in the housings are friendly and easy to get along with.

Jasmine

Dear HS Jasmine, You seem to be a well-rounded teenager. You’re more mature than your peers. However, there are some things that you could learn from you older self. I know you hear these things repeatedly when you’re in College Prep meetings or New Horizon College Club, but trust me, soak up all the information. When people tell you that your high school career is vital to your college application process, believe them! It seems as though you are too in-tuned with your social life. You have enormous potential. Please believe me when I tell you. You are not challenging yourself. You could be doing so much better in school. You’ve been an Honor Roll student your whole life. Your social life has gotten in the way of that. It’s not that you are a bad student, you’ve just accepted being average. Get good grades so you won’t have to worry about paying back thousands of dollars worth of student loans ten years from now! The transition won’t be easy. But, trust me, you’ll be fine. You will do GREAT things in college, and maybe even surprise yourself! Older Jasmine

It is very family-orientated. There are great networking opportunities. I landed an internship at a national media company from networking with alumni.

I wish I knew that the sorority life was so slim.

University of Maryland Eastern Shore administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.