Princess Anne, MD
University of Maryland Eastern Shore

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend University of Maryland Eastern Shore

Kendzhia

My school is enlightening and very helpful to students; administrators are always there to help you, if needed.

If I could go back in time and talk to myself as a high school senior knowing what I know now, I would tell myself not to worry about fitting in or making friends because they come naturally. In addition, the first year is the easiest to get acquainted with people from your class year because school's tend to have a lot of freshman meetings and things of that nature. I'd also tell myself to join clubs and stay involved in the school community so there won't ever be a moment where I'm bored but to make sure that I stay focused on my schoolwork.

The worst thing about my school is the location because it's not too many things nearby, so you need a car or extra money for transportation.

James

If I could go back and tell myself anything, I do believe I would tell myself to practice more responsibility. I am expected to be more responsible now that I am older and in college. Teachers treat me more like an adult than a teenager, so I have to act more like it. The most responsibility I had during my senior year was my graduation project and earning my Eagle Scout award. Although both required me to show leadership, neither truly prepared me for the realities of the real world and college. So I would say, "Self, get your act together and act more like an adult. College is a big step. You will need to stand on your own two feet and give life your best. Work hard, play hard, and learn all you can because you only get one chance in life. Make it a good one. I love you."

Kelley

Disorganization. Frustration. Being out in the middle of nowhere and having semi-rude dining services workers and too strict security.

Take advanced placement courses and or do dual enrollment at a community college. Take the VPA program instead of orchestra so you can have a good portfolio and more experience in the traditional arts to get into a art school! SEARCH FOR SCHOLARSHIPS LIKE CRAZY AND APPLY ASAP! For God's sake take the SAT/ACT again and study your buns off 2x as hard! Take that precalc class no matter what so you can pass college matht he first time. Get a better sleeping pattern and stop procrastinating. Oh and go get your general studies classes at worwic/another community college. Rent books don't buy unless you'll use them int he future! Art supplies are hella expensive so look for deals!!! And no matter what you do DON'T come home when mom begs you after your first year you'll end up stuck in college for an extra semester cause of tranferring!!! If you do end up at UMES enjoy it the people you meet are worth it, just don't slack off in the SSC and get aggy!

That the school itself wasn't so bad its the disorganization of the staff and administrators that is frustrating! Also to do your own scheduling by the catalog you came in on via your major's concentration!!!

Jerre

Look at other schools before setting your heart on just this one. There are probably other schools that offer your program.

We are small and like a family. Most people come looking for a close knit type of enviroment and UMES is perferct for that

Someone who isn't focused. Its very easy to fall behind

The advice that I would give to myself is to attend the local community college and start from there. I have put my family into a financial situation and it makes me feel guilty being a full time student. As a freshman in college there will be alot of distractions but, ignore them and proceed to due your best. While your in college make a ton of friends and don't be scared. Alot of the freshman are just like you and they are timid. Be the best that you can be, study hard to earn good grades, and always keep contact with your best friends from high school.

I wish I would of known that I wasn't able to recieve any financial help from this school due to my race, and that it is very expensive on my family and I.

The kind of person that should attend this school is someone who likes the country and enjoys being studious.

David

Honestly if I had the choice to go back in time and talk to myself I would not go. From being in college I have learned that regardless of if you want them to or not oppurtunities come and go, and that is beyond anyones control. With that in mind I never look back on missed oppurtunities because that will never help me with my future. I have learned to live life with no regrets because you can not move forward in life if you are constantly looking back. I would rather skip to the future to see myself succeeding because I truly feel that if I continue to live my life with an open mind, a never settle for less attitude , and no regrets there is no telling how far I can go.

A person who isn't held back by the fear of failing or the anxiety of success. A person that searches for adversity regardless if it is positive or negative.

NaTasha

UMES is an awesome school. They have the best program for my major. When I graduate I will have two degrees. One in Sociology and one in Social Work. Then I also will be able to obtain my masters in Social Work within a year.

Trena

My classmates enjoyed academic challenges.

My classmates enjoyed academic challenges.

The first thing I will tell myself is to pay attention in Math and Biology classes. I never realized until returning to college just how important those two subject would be to accomplishing my goals.

If you enjoy diversity and thought provoking lectures you will do well at UMES.

Breana

Knowing what I know now about college life and making the transition, I would advise myself enroll as a rehabilitation student from the beginning, rather than a biology major. I would've saved a lot of time and headache, but I' getting myself together and I will be successful.

The diversity of the school. You can see so many different cultures and races and try to understand them better.

Anyone can and should attend this school. They have something for everyone.

University of Maryland Eastern Shore administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.