Princess Anne, MD
University of Maryland Eastern Shore

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend University of Maryland Eastern Shore

Tiffany

My classmates and I are focus on why we came here in the first place...to get high grades and a good job after graduation.

I would suggest myself to concentrate in ALL of my classes and to try my best not to slack off. Grades are extremely important in college, especially since I have to pay so much for it. Also, I would let myself know that I'd get caught up in dating with different guys at once. I cannot let them stress me out, because I'm going to college for an education first, then focusing on my social life.

How expensive it is for out-of-state undergraduate students, like myself, yet they do not offer us any scholarships or additional financial aid.

Angelica

I attend a University in Princess Anne, MD and there is alot of campus life. This school in a small/mid-sized town in the middle of nowhere, and people tend to stay on campus on weekends. I love living away from home and I've made some really good friends and we hung out on the weekends. I got the chance to meet student from all over the world and was taught different way to adapt to different situation.

A student who enjoys a small area and classroom size. University of Maryland Eastern Shore has a country southern field

Angelita

The University of Eastern Shore is a great place to learn; it is a place where many people come from all over to learn. I learn a lot from others because of what they contribute.

My school is best known for its beautiful campus and accepting almost everyone. Also, for its great academic programs.

If I could go back in time and talk to myself as a high school senior, I would tell my "past self" to study from the beginning and make much better grades, in which I know I could have done if I studied harder. Also to make sure I talk to the right people on what classes to take and ask a lot of questions on what the requirements of my major is before I decide to pursue that major.

Taryn

If I could go back and change anything about my high school senior year it would just be to tell my self to pay attention more and learn how to focus better. In college it is so easy to get off track and lose focus in something because of all the activities and events that may be held on campus. Its so easy to flunck out because you lose focus.

It is nothing that i wish i had known that may or may not have made my experonce here any different thatn what it is, i would say i knew anything that i may have needed to know.

When bragging about my school I tend to talk about how family oriented we are and how we come together and have fun no matter what the circumstances may be. We love out school because we make it what it is. Thats what i normally tell others outsid of my school.

shameka

Hey Shameka, This may sound a little weird, but I am you. A more educated you, because I'm in college now. That is why I am writing you this letter. You should apply for all of the scholarships that you are available to receive. Yes, I know you are not the best at writing essays, but you have all the help you need at school. Your english teacher will be glad to revise your essays for you. Also, it only takes about two hours to write an essay. Think about it, your getting paid about 500 dollars or more for each essay you write. 250 dollars an hour basically. That is so much better than working at McDonalds receiving $7.25 and hour! I know that you might not get the money, but if you don't try then you surely won't recieve the money. Take a chance; just like how you went out for the dance team. You thought you wasn't going to make it, but you did and you was in the top five. So just sit down and write the essay, your only gaining from the experience. Sincerely, College Educate Shameka Harvey

The worst thing about University of Maryland-Eastern Shore, for me, is the location. I am three hours away from home; sometimes I need family support. Calling family and friends helps me cope with being away, but I see myself as a visual and hands on person. If I can't see or feel it, then it is not the same for me.

If a person does not want to gain knowledge and a social network, they should not attend University of Maryland-Eastern Shore, any college at that. I feel that University of Maryland-Eastern Shore was made for all kinds of students: yung, old, shy, and outgoing. Just like all of the other colleges and universities. I believe that anybody who attends an institute will grow academically and socially from their experience there.

Erika

Dear High School Self, Get ready for the time of your life. You are about to start a crazy adventure. A lot of new friends and unique people are about to enter your life. Be sure to be open to new ideas, but do not forget your true self. It will be challenging at first trying to balance your new freedom and social life with your classes and coursework. Do not be discouraged if you change your major (even multiple times). This is the time to explore and it is perfectly okay if you aren't exactly sure what you want to do with your life. Keep a positive outlook and be sure to call home every now and then. Be sure to stay involved in various organizations and activities. Always be appreciative and show gratitude for those who help you along the way. It will always do you well to remember that there is never a dumb question, it is the only way to learn. Your college years will fly by so enjoy every second of them. Good luck! Much Love, Your Future College Graduate Self

Sometimes it is difficult to meet new people due to the small size of the school, you feel like you know everyone.

Aaron

Aaron do not put all your eggs in one basket. Know that you are going to college to find yourself and your destiny. Do not think you have it all figured out, and it is ok not to. Use your first year to find out what subjects you really like. Read about what jobs are offered in the field you are interested in. If you end up not enjoying the major you came in with, it is ok. Actually that is great. When you change your mind you are making a step closer to finding what you like. So do not be afraid of change rather embrace it. Also, while you are here for academics do not barry yourself in it, have some hobbies that you engage in. That will help take the edge off the work load. Have some "you" time.

I enjoy the availability to work ina lab for hands on experience. I also like the small classes, which allows me to get to know my professors better.

I person that is not looking to party should attend this school. An individual who is goal oritented but still needs direction and is not afraid to look for it in the professors should attend this school.

Gisan

My classmates are very passionate & enthusiastic about their future in the field of hospitality.

If I had the opportunity to go back in time and talk to myself, I would encourage myself to do as many internships as possible. Nowadays hands on experience is required in any field of study which makes the individual more competant and prepared at what he is doing. I would also tell my self to join many student organisations becausue they help you to develop your resume.

The hotel and restaurant management program which is catered to future hospitality leaders is quite amazing. The learning materials and the hands on experience gives this school a prestigous status among many HBCU's in the United States. University of Maryland Eastern shore is one of the best hospitality schools in the East coast that has many student runned bodies operating within the program such as IFSEA ( International Food service Executives Association) and NSMH (National society for minorities in hospitality). These well known organisations gives my school national and global recognition.

Brittney

This school is a great. The teachers really do care about your education! Plus the fact that its an HBCU makes it even better...

This school is a great. The teachers really do care about your education! Plus the fact that its an HBCU makes it even better!

Stay focused! This is a critical moment in life where everything matters. I would say don't give up. During my freshman and sophmore year of high school I really didn't take it serious, but knowing what I know now I would have done a much better job. It wasn't until my junior year where I got my act together, 4.0 GPA. Education is important. There are a lot of people in this world who can't get an education, and I took it for granted. Now Im more focused than ever nothing can get in my way. Being focused is the most important part of college life because there will be many temptations that will cause you to stray. Knowing where to draw that line of handling your business and partying is critical. Don't let anyone or anything get in the way of getting that degree.

The student body, everyone is genuinely friendly.

Bryonna

Well, what makes UMES unique compared to other schools and universities is that the family atmosphere with a small campus. The school has so many student activities for the student body to connect as a whole.

The advice I would give myself is to not procrastinate and always to handle any questions or concerns as soon as possible. Considering I was not supposed to attend UMES, but I would say I wish I would have made sure all of my paperwork was done and questions about college were actually answered.

The most frustrating thing about my school is the lack of a Pre-Med program or class advisors. The school is not being accredited for having the Pre-Med advisors here, but that gives me a disadvantage because my courses are not being viewed under as Biology/Pre-Med.

University of Maryland Eastern Shore administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.