Durham, NH
University of New Hampshire-Main Campus

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend University of New Hampshire-Main Campus

Brooke
UNH!

UNH!

UNH is a great school with many opportunities for students. They are constantly updating the facilities and school buildings to provide better resources for students. The academics are great, and there is a wide variety of programs to take part in!

Derek

Students are hit or miss: they came to learn, or they sleep through class.

Students are hit or miss: they came to learn, or they sleep through class.

I would tell myself that it is not about the name of the school that defines a student. The definition of a student and determined by dedication and perseverance. If you want to go to a state university, go there. If you want to go to a private school, give it a shot. Put in the hard work while at your undergraduate facility and you can get in to graduate school. Graduate school will get you to the goal you want to achieve. Knowing that an undergraduate education is just a middle-man between high school and graduate school, it will make for a less stressful path as long as determination and hard work is present throughout all of your education. Go to school to learn. There is a lot of paths that can lead down an easy road that will eventually get you nowhere. Take the path with some extra work and you will be greatly rewarded for it when you are ready to take the next big step.

There is a lot of school pride on campus, but that seems to get in the way of an education for individuals who are not determined. That being said, if you are attending UNH to obtain a degree and become educated, it is a great experience and wonderful learning environment. There is a lot of partying on campus, however, if you can balance tasks and priorities correctly you will be rewarded academically and socially.

McKenzie

University of New Hampshire give everyone so many opportunites.

University of New Hampshire give everyone so many opportunites.

I am very dissapointed that I can not have pets on campus unless it is a fish.

I would tell myself to pick a college that offers a lot of majors that would be interesting just in case the current major is not something that is interesting.

Hello senior me, I hope you are applying for a lot of scholarships this year! They will really help once you get to a 4 year university. Going to community college for a year before attending a university was a smart choice that saved thousands of dollars, however applying for more scholarships would have helped keep the loans away even longer. You know how in debt you will be after 8 years of school, don't you? Work hard now so some of the burden is lifted. In college there are so many opportunities that will come your way. Do not pass them up. Look into every internship, research opportunity, or animal experience that comes your way because those will increase your chances of being accepted to vet school exponentially. Most importantly, stop stressing about the small stuff, focus on your goals, and always work hard.

University of New Hampshire can offer something to everyone. It is one of those schools that regardless of your background or your interests, there is something here for you. Although the university has a fairly large population and a campus that is relatively large as well, it is easy to find clubs and activities that give that close-knit feel of smaller schools. This is a school for people who are goal oriented, but also enjoy having fun all while being offered a great education with life changing opportunities like studying abroad or internships.

Being at UNH for only one semester, there hasn't been too many frustrating aspects I have encountered, however a frustration of mine and many others is the clearing of sidewalks and paths during and after snow. None of my friends or myself are wheel chair bound, however, those who are, are having horrible experiences traveling to classes this year. Students offer assistance to those who need it, but many times handicapped students are left to struggle on their own. Just recently UNH and Durham police started a service to help, but paths should be taken care of as well.

My classmates were very friendly and helpful. We had many group projects and I never ran into a problem working with them.

Make sure that you research your prospective major. Look at salary trends, industry growth, and how likely you are to get a job out of college. Also research how available your careers is in your area and consider whether or not you would be willing relocate in order t do the job you like. Don't let all of the pressure of choosing a school and a major rush you into making a decision.

I belive that having the chance to work in a hands on environment was very beneficial. It caters to a different type of learning style. It was a mixtre of both classroom time and hands on activites.

Brian

The dining is award winning.

The dining is award winning.

After having been recently conferred my degree, I look fondly on all aspects of my undergraduate career. I utilized many resources that the university offered, such as the great faculty, the Center for International Education, the library, and the campus housing. When I look back on my undergraduate experience, I truly believe that I got the most out of the university, although I could have done it with less stress. For as much as I enjoyed my college experience, I felt that the majority of it was work, and not play. This is understandable, considering that college is an expensive investment, but I believe I could have been even more productive if I allotted more free time for myself. There are so many opportunities and experiences available at college and it is very easy to forget about the little things in life that make you happy. My wisdom to my highschool self is to remember to hold closely the things that you love in life: your interests, your new friends, your old friends, and most importantly, your family. You may be able to push yourself past new boundaries, but these lifelines will allow you to persist through the stressful times.

A person that likes a research-driven, state university, the University of New Hampshire is good for you. There are many opportunities to utilize resources from the university, such as the expansive library, brilliant instructors, and many student services. There are many majors and programs at this university, so there most likeley is a program for you.

Kirsten

I brag most about the size and beauty of the campus. Our campus is not extremely large so you do see people you know every day but big enough that makes it easy to meet new people as well. This size allows room for landscaping instead of just buildings and people. This really adds to a home type feeling and also more relaxed feeling. Walking through campus and sitting on the grass are a great way to get the mind off of the stress that classes can have.

As I look back on myself as a senior in high school I remember that I was excited to leave and start a new chapter in my life. As that time grew closer I became more nervous with the anticipation building inside of me. There were questions running through my head like "Will I be able to make friends?", "Will my classes be too difficult?", or "How will I balance it all?" Well adivice I would give to this nervous high school senior would be to relax. It is scary to be alone in a new place not knowing anyone or how things work but everyone is in the same situation. First every incoming freshman needs to make friends so dont worry that you're alone because you will not be. Second classes will be difficult but relaxing and going in with a possitive attitude about learning will help carry you through. Finally balancing it is the hard part. There will be times that you want to give up in the beginning but once you get into a routine everything will come easier. Just take a deep breath and relax it will all work out.

Gwen

My peers are people of varied backgrounds and opinions who are open for discussions in the small classroom settings and have a focus for progressing their education in the large university setting.

It's greatly that you're outwardly pumped to be escaping your small town, but I know actually you're terrified of uprooting yourself from everything you've known for the past 16 years and being on a campus of 15,000 people you've never met. Six months after you graduate, you won't even think about it. You'd be surprised, but most of your peers are in the same boat. No other freshmen in college are fully aware of what's coming in their first year; some will fail classes, change majors, drop out, transfer, go home every weekend, staying up all night to finish essays, and even cry in the shower. I would say don't worry, but with all your panicking and internally screaming every few minutes, you actually wind up more than okay. So, keep fretting, but each time you tell yourself you can't do this, can't succeed in school, can't get out of your very thick shell: realize the problem is very small, and you are a lot bigger than you think.

The university puts you in new situations in regards to people and situations; a person who is looking to only learn in a lecture settings and pass exams will find what they want, but this won't be the best setting for them. Only one class from the past two semesters of my attendance had more than thirty people. You have to be the type of student who is willing to participate in discussions and meet with professors on an individual basis for individualized learning in a large university setting.

Drew

A large collection of excentric and intellectual individuals, in a beautiful and accomidating campus.

If I could step into a time machine and go back to the day I graduated high school to strike up a conversation with myself, I imagine the conversation would go along the lines of this, "Hey, congrats on graduating, looking handsome as usual by the way. But I think we should talk about the next year of your life, mind sitting down with me? You're going to be presented with a lot of new experiences in the next year. But above all you should prioritize your schooling over everything. You should definitely go out and have fun and make memories with the new people you meet, but at the end of the day, maybe study for another hour, or make flashcards and do your homework instead of playing Xbox with your friends. There's alot of money put into this, and you and I are expected to do big things. So why don't we take the high road and put ourself in a position to succeed out there. Because looking back, how cool you are at a party doesn't equate to you getting more job opportunities once your out of school."

Before I attended UNH, I would have wanted to know that I didn't need to bring so many useless knickknacks that would end up never being used (eg. a microwave that sat on top of my used refrigerator collecting dust). Also I would have wanted to know that sometimes you won't have the best roommates, but you should make the best out of the situation and not harp on the negatives.

This university is challenging, beautiful, intriguing, and filled with mass amounts of wildcat pride.

Our school is best known for the tremendous facilities, and the ten different colleges for the majors at our university. I believe our school is also best known for the contributions and additions to the university given by alumni. There is a connection from the day you begin at this university until after you graduate. Another great attribute that this school is known for would be the hockey team we have because of the level of competiveness, and school pride we have at the games is what makes it very well known.

Who will I be friends with? How will I find my classes? WIll I be lost in this huge lecture hall? What will it be like with a roommate? Will I feel comfortable being this far away from home? These were just a few of the questions that ran through my inexpereinced and innocent mind as a high school senior. Now a year later I have all these answers to tell myself as a high school senior. The advice and direction I would tell myself as a senior to take would be to indulge in the whole college experience. Do not be afraid to go up to a new person in your residence hall and introduce yourself, or talk to someone you do not know sitting next to you in class, and become involved immediately. The best way to meeting new people like you are the ones who are interested in the same activites. I really want to stress to not become a follower and become friends with people that will lead you down the wrong path because it is what seems comfortable in the beginning. You are on your own, show and be the best person you can be.

University of New Hampshire-Main Campus administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.