Greeley, CO
University of Northern Colorado

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend University of Northern Colorado

Overall, I believe that the University of Northern Colorado is a great school. I wake up excited to go to class every day. My professors make the learning interesting and interactive. My peers are vibrant and filled with life. I find myself always stepping into new opportunities or being exposed to new and exciting things. Personally, in the School of Music program here, I have had an experience that only gets better. In the School of Music, my class sizes are amazingly small and the professors know us all by name. I've improved drastically as a musician and student. Not to mention that there are tons of work opportunities that are available here. It seems to me like all the graduating seniors have promising careers ahead of them that they're ready to start almost straight out of college. I think it's the best sort of place to be. I can't wait for my next semester.

Tiffanie

I love my school. There is never a boring moment. A cliche I like to use to describe it is; so much to do and so little time. There is always some kind of activity to get involved in, whether it's Community Fest or sports. Clubs are always and option, and the professors are great. I love the people I have met and they are all so energetic and supportive. Finding an easy part-time job that works around your schedule is hard. But here at UNC it is the easiest thing to do. I would encourage any and every senior in high school or transfer student to seriously consider UNC. GO BEARS!!

Katelyn

The University of Northern Colorado is a school that I believe could accommodate just about anyone; it's a university with great students, supportive staff, and endless possibilites.

Assuming I could go back in time knowing what I know now, I would advise my senior self of many things. I would tell myself to be more confident in who I am as a person, to trust and stand up for what I believe in, and to encourage others in their time of need. I would tell myself to that life isn't about the destination or where I'd end up, but about my attitude about life and the people I surround myself while living it. I'd encourage myself to build quality relationships, and not only stand up for what I belive in, but act on it and attempt to make a change. As much as I wish I could go back in time and tell my senior self these things, I plan to act on it now, and be a better future me.

The atmosphere at the University of Northern Colorado is hands down the best thing about the school. All of the students and professors are friendly and go out of their way to lend a helping hand. I admire this more than words can describe, as it provides me with a positive work environment in which I can grow and learn.

Desia

My classmates are supportive and creative.

My classmates are supportive and creative.

If I could go back to myself as a senior in high school, I would tell myself to learrn how to be more organized and to teach myself how to balance social life and school life. Organizing my time was very difficult because I was told in high school when to do things and now I had to figure out things on my own. Balancing my social life and school life was easy as a senior because I was in a single building all day and could talk to friends and do work at the same time, compared to now how it's either socialize and not studdy or to study and socialize. I would also tell my senior self to not procrastinate until the last minute and to use my free-time wisely and more productive.

A person who doesn't like to get involved, doesn't like to attend class, and doesn't to to push themselves shouldn't attend the University of Northern Colorado.

Desiree

The advice I would give to myself is stay organized and ask questions when you need help. Start the good habit of keeping loose papers in labeled folders or clipped in a binder with divders for each class. I would also tell myself to buy different color highlighters and to make sure make note of everything.

The best thing I consider is how great the teachers that I have had are. My teachers actually interact with each student to make sure what they're teaching is understandable.

The worst thing I consider about my school is there isn't really a lot of minorities. I consider this the worst thing because being one of the hand full of African-Americans on campus racial comments are common.

Madeline

I think this campus is a real gem for the city of Greeley. Greeley as a city can have a really bad reputation, but our campus is really something else. Being on campus is like being in a city within a city. My professors have all been wonderful, qualified, and supportive of their students. The school is making great advancements, especially over the last 3 years. Our new university Center will be great!

This school is very student-need oriented. I find that there is always somebody willing to answer any questions I may have. The faculty here also encourage independence and goal-setting to make your education important to you.

Our school has a Quidditch team, which is very popular. Each year the GLBTA team hosts an awesome drag show, and all of the profits go to the funding for other events like queer prom. These events tend to sell out very quickly! There are usually parties in the neighborhoods surrounding campus every weekend- however most students are responsible. Personally, my friends and I like to host movie nights in the lounges in our residence halls on the weekends, rather than to party. From my observations, this campus (politically) is very balanced.

As an Anthropology Major, my classes are rather small. I think the largest class I've attended at UNC averages 50 students. The smaller classes really make a difference when taking into account one-on-one interaction with professors. My classroom experiences have been very positive thus far. Professors really enjoy mixing their personal experiences in the field with their curriculum.

Lindsay

My classmates in the Special Education program were extremely competitve because we all wanted to be among the very first students to graduate with a degree in Special Education from the University of Northern Colorado.

I would tell myself that although I have done quite a bit of volunteer work with people who have developmental disabilities, teaching is not what I was meant to do with my life. Becoming a teacher is for a very select group of people and there are many other ways I can work with people who have disabilities without becoming a teacher. I would encourage myself to talk to several Clinical Psychologist and School Psychologists before I made a decision on a major. I would also tell myself not to allow others to discourage me from accomplishing my dreams. It is extremely easy to become discouraged and want to give up on your dreams while in college, but where there is a will there is a way. I would tell myself that although my undergraduate program was extremely difficult, it is no reason not to continue on in graduate school. The sooner I complete graduate school the sooner I will be able to help change people's lives for the better.

The chair of the Special Education department was extremely close minded which made it extremely difficult to talk to her about different possible professions that a student could get with a Special Education degree. It became so frustrating that in the end I changed my major to Psychology.

Claire

UNC is one of those school that actually care about their students, between the wonderful professors giving the students there lecture notes ahead of time to the absolutely beautiful and historic campus and the small class sizes it is an ideal school for many.

If I could go back and give my high school self-advice about school etc.. I would probably tell myself to not wait and fill out college/ scholarship applications out at the last minute because it is killing mom and dad financially and college is allot different then you think it will be. Those first few months are really hard but join some clubs make friends and things will get better. Choose different roommates trust me you will thank me later. Do live in Hansen Willis because it’s the best dorm ever and do join the modern dance class you will absolutely love it Monte is tough but it’s so worth it. Don’t even bother signing up for UNIV 101 it’s a waste of time just sign up for Art History it’s such a better class. Have fun don’t freak-out college is scary but sometimes scary is a good thing.

I usually talk about the class sizes unlike CU who’s classes are like 200 to one professor UNC classes range from 35-40 which is nice because you are able to connect to your professor more and they know your name not your number . I also talk about the fact that most if not all the professors will give you there lecture notes with in a week before the class so you already have them and can ask questions, plus the school in general has so many academic tools that will help you stay in school which is nice.

Sam

Listen 18 year old me, I know you want to get out of this town that you have lived in for all of your life. I know you want to move out of your parents house, and that you want to get out of high school. Well kid, I got some words of advice before you walk across that stage getting your diploma. Enjoy your life right now. This is a great time right now because your graduating high school and moving on to bigger and better things. Cherish these moment because once you go to college, it's going to be a difficult, and different life. There's no safe net in college. You either pass, or you fail. It's going to be alot tougher when you go off to college if you don't enjoy the things that you love to do. So while your in high school right now, just have fun and enjoy life. And once you learn how to enjoy life, then the transition into college will be alot easier.

University of Northern Colorado administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.