Mechanicsburg, PA
Messiah College

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Messiah College

Karly

My classmates are awesome!

My classmates are awesome!

I would advise parents and students to start the college search early and to make sure to visit the college before making a final decision. Parents, be sure to listen to what your child is interested in so that they end up at the school where they want to be. Distance is also a crucial issue when it comes to choosing a school. I would advise students to go far enough away so that there is a feeling of independence yet close enough for the comfort of security. To make the most of your college experience make sure you put yourself out there and meet new people. Classes are important and so is making friends and building relationships that last a lifetime. Work hard but have fun at the same time.

I wish I would have taken more ap classes and tested out of them.

Whitney

My classmates are academically driven as well as friendly and helpful

My classmates are academically driven as well as friendly and helpful

Deciding which college to attend is an important decision for the student as well as the parents. In order to ensure the right decision, it is essential that the parents and student communicate with each other early on what they want from a college; level of academic standards, proximity from home, religious/cultural affiliation, cost/financial aid, etc. The student and parents should make a joint decision about the right college after visiting multiple campuses and determining which would be the best fit for the student, as well as which college the parents are comfortable with. This process takes time, and the parents and student should start it as soon as possible. Once the student decides on a college and moves in, s/he will want to make the most of the college experience by making friends and participating in extracurricular activities. students should join as many clubs and activities as possible that cater to their favorite hobbies. In these clubs, students can find lifelong friends that share their passion and enjoy their company. Building relationships while succeeding academically at the college chosen by parents and/or students will help the student make the most of his/her college experience.

It's a great school, but there's not much to really "brag" about

Erin

I had the time of my life there, and I miss being a student at Messiah so much I still cry about it.

When I was a senior in high school, my mother and I went "college shopping"; she told me that I would just know when I was at the right school. I rolled my eyes and sighed, but when I stepped onto the campus of my Alma Mater, it just felt right. It was also very helpful for me to make a list of my top priorities in what I was looking for in a school. I'd rate each school based on those priorities, and then schedule visits. Once you know what kind of school you're really interested, stepping on campus is a fun and exciting experience that (at least for me) made the choice instinctual. Once you have chosen your school, try to take your gen-eds first - you never know when you might decide to change your major. Also, take advantage of studying abroad: It will change your life! As you get ready for that first semester, be prepared to work hard! College is a lot different from high school, so don't beat yourself up if you don't do as well as you thought. Overall, take EVERY opportunity you can and LIVE IT UP!

Someone with a lot of school spirit and a Christian background, that wants to grow in their faith and make really awesome friends. Someone who is willing to work hard in their classes and succeed.

Kawila

they are generally nice, and are generally intelligent. athletes and friends of athletes are usually the most popular studen...

they are generally nice, and are generally intelligent. athletes and friends of athletes are usually the most popular students.

it's small and intimate, and it provides a good education

Visit the campus and see what you think. talk to students about the campus climate, take a tour of the academic halls as well as the residential buildings. and make sure they have the major you'd like to work toward

Kaitlin

In the pursuit of the best school, make every possible effort to visit. My ultimate decision, even with all of the logistics in my mind, was based on how I felt when I was on campus. When I walked around the Messiah Campus, I immediately felt as if I belonged. As a college student, one should try to be as involved as possible- don't overbook your schedule with endless meetings and clubs, though. "Involved" as I define it means to invest oneself in things that will encourage personal, spiritual, social, intellectual, and physical growth. This could mean community service, joining a Bible study, playing rec sports, going to on-campus lectures, or just hanging out with a different group of people from time to time. The main thing: do not have any regrets. Learn and live as much as possible from and with those around you!

Since it's in a small town, Messiah seems a little bit removed from the world sometimes.

Messiah College is small, but vibrant community of really great students and faculty.

Instinct has a lot to do with looking for a college. Even though a school may seem to have everything you're looking for, visit it and pay attention to your reaction to small things. Don't settle. Once you find a school, remember that this is a fresh start- an opportunity to reinvent things yourself. Be open to change, don't be afraid of it, and find friends who encourage it. If at all possible, study abroad.

I brag about Messiah's study abroad opportunities, and their campus in Philadelphia. Also, my advisor has become a mentor of sorts, and made a huge impact in my life even after ive moved on to graduate school.

Tessa

Diverse, excited, and eager to learn.

Diverse, excited, and eager to learn.

A Balance of quality academics and athletics, and the focus on not just career but vocation.

Selecting a college is difficult. Finances, location, and quality of academics and the learning environment is abig list when considering a school. Give yourself options. Don't be set on only one school from the start-you could cut yourself off from a great opportunity that comes along. Go with your instincts. I was accepted to two good schools, both of which I liked very much, but when I accepted there was something that pulled and told me that 'this was it'. I have no regrets. How do you walk that fine line between acadamia and still having a life? Certainly giving your time to academics is important, but you also need time for the experience. College is a huge period of growth - not just academically. You will learn more about yourself as an individual outside of the classroom with peers and one-on-one interactions with staff and faculty than class could ever provide. Going for that 'A' is great!....but don't sell yourself short by hiding in your books. Embrace the experience. Find your passion and your vocation, and live it out.

Messiah is a christian college who is academically very good.

Messiah is a christian college who is academically very good.

There isn't much to do here on campus and there isn't very much around in the area. Plus there are visiting hours here, so you can't have the opposite sex in your room past midnight.

Alyssa

A wonderful Christian atmosphere where students get to discover themselves, through social, spiritual and academic activities...

Follow what your heart tells you and allow time to figure it out. When I started searching for the right college for me, I didn't even know Messiah existed. I also expected myself to go to a much larger school. After beginning my search however I discovered that I enjoyed the Christian atmosphere of a Christian school and found the small school much more inviting.

Being a part of gospel choir because I love singing and it allows me to be a part of a group and a part of my school.

Ryan

make sure you like the campus setting and the dorms. it helps to have an idea of what you want to study, but that is not always important.

i wish i had known how hard it was going to be acedemically. i was homeschooled all my life and that did not really prepare me for the college life. i think i would be doing much better if i had gone to school and knew how classes were set up and run. i have made the ajustment though and love college life!

someone who is willing to learn and grow. someone who works hard and likes pushing themselves hard.

Messiah College administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.