Messiah College Campus Life Reviews

Overall Review for Messiah College

Anita

I am so glad I choose Messiah. I believe it was the best fit for me. It was important for me to have college be feasible and the financial aid office worked with me to find several scholarships and grants that I was eligible for. I am an off-campus commuter student and am working 3/4 time. While having an 17.5 credit semester. The professors are really accessible, either through email, office hours or text messages/phone calls. The campus facilities are 5/5- food, brand new sports center, and commuter lounge.

Melvin

Messiah College is an absolutely incredible school! This college has some of the most amazing departments around. We are a division 3 school with unbelievable sports teams. I have met some of the nicest people I have ever met here. The food here is a lot better than a lot of the college campuses I have been on. The campus is placed close enough to Harrisburg so you can go into the city if you would like to but you are far enough away to enjoy the peace and quiet of the countryside. The Yellow Breeches is a creek that runs next to the campus and makes for a good kayaking, tubing, and fishing spot. Messiah is a Christian college and even provides transportation to church services for many different denominations of Christianity. There is even a student led worship "concert" every Thursday night called Powerhouse. It is the perfect de-stressor if you have had a long week. The only reason I am giving Messiah 4 out of 5 stars is that it is not the cheapest school to go to. It is a little expensive for me. Tuition, room and board, and other fees run approximately $46,000 annually.

Jen

Messiah College is a great school and has a better balance than other Christian schools such as Liberty. The rules are not as strict, but they are definitely present. You'll meet amazing people too!

Britta

I have found Messiah College to be a school that successfully strives for excellence in every area of student's lives. The school promotes a faith - based atmosphere with both school and student - led opportunities for spiritual growth. There is a strong focus on both academic and athletic achievement, with many professors who work hard to connect with students and help in every way possible. I appreciate greatly that a sense of community at the school is a high priority, and if you are willing to get involved there are many opportunities for you.

Jade

Messiah is a really great school. It really empower's Christ for overall well-being. The student body is really great and pretty supportive. The professors are very knowledgable and extremely nice. The supervisors at the main dining hall are amazing and very nice. They are here for you (when they really know you but they like to be here for anyone). Counseling services are small and much needed, so hopefully that will change in the dear future.

Messiah College is a wonderful college with plenty of opportunities and adventures available for all who come! They provide support for their students and the faculty is always willing to lend a helping hand where they can.

Leann

As with institution, there is room for improvement, but Messiah College really has it where it counts! One of the most notable aspects about this college is how much the professors, other staff members, and students here genuinely care about and for one another. I wouldn't want to be anywhere else.

It's a beautiful college with a beautiful atmosphere the facilities are wonderfully kept the only issues are that most of the time you have to make your own fun because there isn't much to do and the college campus itself is very secluded. Other than that Messiah is a great community

Tina

I enjoyed my years at Messiah. I appreciated the importance of service and being able to be involve with hosting the local Special Olympics. Two other important experiences while attending were my cross-cultural class in Jackson, MS and the internship I did at a local radio station.

Erin

Messiah is a great school if you're into your education and not the typical American college party scene - I love it here, and the people are amazing.

Chelsea

Messiah College provides phenomenal education. In fact, I've heard more employers prefer Messiah College students over other local schools because we are a more adequate fit for the role as we are mostly kind individuals who care for others on a more spiritual basis. We take education seriously and like to succeed as well as have some self-care to further encourage the health of our bodies. Each professor takes their time to talk to each student and shows deep interest in everyone in their classroom. The student to faculty ratio is on a smaller ratio scale as this is a huge benefit to the learning process of the students. There are many opportunities to seek further information about a topic if a student is struggling in a specific area. Each student is more than willing to help other students no matter what the need is. In regards to the campus life, the dorms are well kept, however some residence halls are starting to show their age. Messiah has started to transition some of their residence buildings with new furniture and renovations. The food provided on campus is up to par. There are two main dining areas, one the cafeteria, where the food is often mixed up and there are a vast variety of options to choose from; the other area to eat includes more standard food that is the same every day, yet is also very good! The environment at Messiah is like no other- this is a peaceful campus with beautiful scenery from the flowers surrounding the campus to the Yellow Breeches River passing by underneath our covered bridge. There is really nothing to complain about when talking about Messiah.

Nathan

A really great school to build friendships and strengthen your faith. Not everyone that goes here is a Christian so don't be expecting that. The party seen is very lacking, but we make up for it with some other fun stuff. Fun school if you aren't a huge fan of the party scene.

Mason

Messiah College is a great overall campus. The Christian aspect is so impactful. The atmosphere is very homely and friendly. They are a dry campus to keep people out of trouble so they can keep their values. The campus is beautiful and the food is amazing.

Caroline

I love it here! Sometimes it can be hard to find things to do on the weekends or off campus since the school is in a pretty rural area, but the campus climate is wonderful! The professors are amazing and accessible and the school has great values and really does a great job at fostering Christian community.

pamela

Overall, I love it. Academics, teachers, community, opportunities are awesome! That being said, there is a somewhat large group of students who have the "entitled" attitude and look down on those of us who actually have to work to pay for tuition, books, etc. Thankfully, I was able to find a group of friends (of various financial means) who don't care about whether you are rich or not. So I just stay away from the snotty crowd and actually feel sorry for their small-minded ways. This is a Christian school, yet there are many students who don't know the Lord or even want to hear about Him. Come visit to get the full experience!

Nilson

Messiah College is a small, mostly undergraduate Christian college. There are a few graduate programs, however. The school art and music programs are probably their best. Their Science programs are a close second. All their facilities are up to date and most professors are friendly and helpful. The small class sizes and campus make it very good. And the Christian environment assures most people are friendly and the campus is very safe.

Messiah is a wonderful place to be. it is a caring environment where people care about people. You aren't just a number there paying your tuition. They have many opportunities for students to interact for both academic and non-academic purposes. And the sports there are very competitive.

Lane

It is a beautiful campus, with lots of oppurtunities.

June

It was a very nice and friendly atmosphere. Everyone is very kind and there is a small-college atmosphere. You will get to know more people because it is so small. It's a good size, a little bigger than a high school. Overall, it was great, just needs some updated dorms, which they are working on! It's a beautiful campus and has great trails, too, and the town it is in and surrounds are wonderful!

Ashlee

I love Messiah College, the atmosphere is always so positive for academics and students personal health. I feel extremely safe and I love the teachers and opportunities we are given. Being here has helped me grow in my faith and in my individuality. I wouldn't want to be anywhere else.

Victoria

Messiah College is everything I was looking for in a college. Its small class size creates close-knit groups and makes learning enjoyable. Messiah provides so many oppurtunities for career preparation and makes applying for these opportunities easy. There is always someone to talk to if you have a question about anything. Every professor truly cares about every student and their success, and is always willing to work with students to better themselves. There are a good amount of groups to get involved with, and there are many good forums, concerts, trips, and activities. Travel abroad is an incredible experience with Messiah. I love my school.

Jeffrey

I believe Messiah offers a fantastic experience at an undergraduate and graduate level. They are conscious to the needs of the student and the quality of education they offer. Being a Christian based setting, focus on self and faith is an important element that offers personal enrichment and a self-fulfillment. I would highly recommend Messiah for the experience, academics, and student life.

Cosette

Before entering college, people always encouraged that college would be the best four years of my life. Now, as a junior, I have the privilege of reflecting on my growth and experiences throughout the past couple of years and look forward to all the excitement senior year brings. Messiah College has done a tremendous job in allowing me to flourish and become the woman I was always destined to be. I feel as though every aspect of my life has improved dramatically since entering as a freshman: my relationship with God is solid, I made incredible friends, I am involved as a student leader for various positions, and I know the direction I want my life to go. I cannot imagine my life without Messiah, and I looking forward for what the rest of my time there has in store.

Melissa

I love the college. The campus is beautiful and the professors are wonderful! There is always something going on and the sports are very enjoyable to watch! The place is like a home to me. The location of the school is kind of in the middle of nothing, but everything is like 10 minutes away, so it is not too bad.

Kate

Messiah College is a great place. It's really the people that make an experience worthwhile and memorable. I'm only a sophomore, but I'm looking forward to the rest of my time here. I love my professors and my floormates. Overall, Messiah is a welcoming and respectful environment for personal, spiritual, and intellectual growth.

Messiah college has an array of wonderful benefits. Just a few include the academic atmosphere and the social atmosphere. The academic atmosphere is perfect, students are encouraged to connect with professors and professors are dedicated to helping students achieve their academic and spiritual goals. The social atmosphere is very different to secular schools people are more likely to have Jesus based relationships with each other and empower one another to reach their full potential. Messiah College is a school I would highly recommend to anyone who would like to keep their Christian faith at the core of their education.

Lindsey

Affectionately called "The Grantham Bubble", the college is on a secluded country estate with up to date facilities, a heart-warming faculty, and plenty of exciting opportunities to expand your mind, heart, and soul. Study abroad programs, intimate class sizes, and a plethora of resources make up the back-bone of the education, allowing each student to cater their own education to fit their needs and goals. I would not be the person I am today without the opportunities of the college. For anyone searching for a comfortable, affectionate, sometime tiresomely repetitive home base, Messiah College is the place to start. There is so far you can go, and Messiah College is only the beginning.

Krista

Messiah College is a chance to find yourself in a safe, friendly environment that is not overwhelmingly large in campus size and students. No matter who you are or what your interests are, you will make true friendships, find your future career path, and discover God along your journey.

Courtney

Wonderful college, not lacking in academics, sports or extra curricular activities. No sororities or Greek life to be found, if you want to go to a few parties now and then you're out of luck. Extremely friendly and helpful staff/faculty, facilities are excellent except off campus housing. Not LGBTQ friendly.

Aedan

I love Messiah College. All my professors stimulate me intellectually (and yet are always there to help when I need it), and I live in a positive environment among my peers. In addition to this, I very much appreciate the accessibility of the College's facilities and the fact that my professors actually *care* about me.

Lanae

Honestly as an incoming freshman I wasn't sure about Messiah College, since it's a smaller school. But now as an incoming junior I love Messiah, I have a core group of friends that I can talk to about anything. The campus is a great size where you still see people, but not all the time. The sports teams all do pretty well here and we are known for our men's soccer team which wins national championships pretty often. Messiah College is a great Christian school and helps student's develop a deeper faith and have a great core group of friends that you will have for a lifetime!

Chloe

I love Messiah! It has a very welcoming environment and the people truly know how to make you feel at home. The academics are challenging but not over the top, there is a lot of athletic talent and team pride but not so much that it distracts one from the classroom, the arts are well-appreciated, the outdoors are regularly used and engaged with, the professors are very personable and like to build relationships with their students, the facilities are being renovated as I write, and the faith community is incredibly strong and inspirational.

Matthew

Messiah is an academically challenging school with a wide variety of activities to get involved in. Not only are the fellow students helpful in collaboration but the professors as well. The atmosphere around campus is both clean and beautiful with regular upkeep to ensure a productive mind.

Sarina

Messiah is absolutely amazing. I love my classes and my professors. If I need help, they are willing to make an appointment. I enjoy the friendships I get to build through the never ending community. I have comleted one year at Messiah and I have three more to go.

Kayce

I like Messiah College a lot and would recommend it to any Christian teen who is looking for a college that treats you like family and helps you grow in your faith. There are so many cool things to do and the campus is beautiful in every season. Messiah College is great!

Adriana

I think it's a great campus with amazing faculty, professors, and students. There are so many great opportunities to Study Abroad or go on missions trips. I love that there are plenty of amazing academic opportunities and events to keep people socially aware. Not only that, but we work to progress in our relationship with God. There aren't too many things to do on campus. There are some things off campus but you'd definitely need a car. Overall, I've been loving my experience at Messiah.

Isela

Messiah College is a school where they strive to increase diversity, create events for intellectual discussions, and to provide and holistic learning environment. Messiah values a student's integrity and safety. There allow many opportunities to travel around the United States to expand a student's knowledge of important historical moments. For example, they have clubs and organizations that offer trips to DC, Boston, and other cities where students can build his/her own name and make connections necessary for their next step in life. Messiah provides tutors, academic help, and has a development center that has trained students to help and help other students adapt in a professional environment. Overall, Messiah is a wonderful school for those who want to grow in their academic knowledge as well as their faith.

Messiah College is a great school! They are very accepting and welcoming to any student who comes here. You will learn a lot here, including non-academic knowledge. The school overall is pretty cool. I would recommend to any one who is looking for a fun, welcoming, Christian college!

Erin

It is more home than my house is. I love everyone there; the professors want to see you succeed. Nearly everyone is super nice and willing to help you. It is a Christian community, and you're expected to attend chapels, but it only helps with spiritual growth. It's not a stifling theological school either. We LOVE Messiah!

Timothy

It is a great school. The best thing about Messiah college is the professors are incredible with a few exceptions. Professors generally care about the education and knowledge of their students and are willing to help. The biggest issue is there is almost nothing to do on weekends.

I love Messiah College because I am devoted to learning and small, close nit communities. Messiah is all about educating people to become mature, academic individuals and you will meet so many people who will challenge and inspire you during your time here. I know it's not the school for everyone, but it is definitely the school for me.

Danielle

If you are looking for a well-rounded education, a hospitable community to involve yourself in, and a Christ centered institution then this is might be the college for you. Found in rural Pennsylvania, but only 11 miles away from Harrisburg, the state's capital, it is in a prime location with a variety of things to do. The student body is well-connected and open to others. The school size is small, but that gives you the chance to form meaningful relationships with many people who are like-minded in faith and lifestyle. The education is well supported with many resources and most professors are open to discussions and questions at any time. The educators are really dedicated to helping you succeed. There is several school requirements like chapel attendance and visitation hours that you might want to research before you commit to the college, but are not that restrictive compared to other Christian colleges I visited. Messiah College is really about facilitating spiritual growth along with building skills that will be essential in your field of interest. I highly recommend Messiah to those who identify as Christian and want a great collegiate experience!

Cori

Messiah College is a wonderful place! I have not met a professor who did not genuinely care about his or her students. All of the students are friendly and welcoming, as well. The classes are rigorous but will definitely create talented and informed adults for the workplace of whatever field they enter.

Audrey

Messiah is a great place to go to have fun and get a great education. Everyone has a positive attitude and cares about the education they are receiving. The Campus is well maintained by both students and workers. It is easy to get a job and make money on campus as well.

Meredith

Clickbait College This is a story of why not to spend your money at the $44,380 institution who claims to “educate men and women toward maturity of intellect, character and Christian faith in preparation for lives of service, leadership and reconciliation in church and society”. After spending what seems like an eternity at Messiah College, I am here to tell you why you should consider these items before spending your entire life’s savings at this “Christian” school in Grantham, PA. Upon visitation to this central-PA school, I read reviews online praising it for it’s “safe”, “friendly”, and “welcoming” environment. After spending a week here I quickly shot down these presuppositions and adopted my own beliefs regarding Messiah College. From first glance, this beautifully landscaped college strikes the eye of parents and students alike. If you are registered for a proper campus tour, you’re in luck, you will most likely be given your own parking spot for the day right outside of its very own admissions office, the exact spot you will start your campus tour. A bright, wide-eyed young woman will assumedly welcome you to the college, give you the informations necessary for the day, and offer you one of many beverages in the mini-fridge. Already, you’re impressed by this institution from its intriguing brochure! At least I was… After being introduced to a wide-smiled, fresh-faced student ambassador, you are convinced that her feelings about the school are reliable and genuine. I mean, how could a Christian lie? Following the trek around the school grounds and after hearing a slew of striking and remarkable information, one would be tired and hungry. Messiah accommodatingly offers a meal ticket to their award-winning dining hall, Lottie Nelson. The food tastes as good as it looks, and parents are assured that their student will be fed well...and of course they will be, but after spending a semester here, I realized that tour groups are given the best food Messiah has to offer… Later in the day, one will take a visit to the Campus Bookstore where you are encouraged to take advantage of your free t-shirt coupon! With obligation, your mother picks up a few “college visit” necessities like; Nalgene bottles with the school’s logo, additional t-shirts, and a few notebooks, you know, just incase. Soon the visit will come to a close in Old Main, but not just yet, the college finds it necessary that you meet with an admissions counselor to alleviate all fears and concerns. You suddenly feel confident in the college’s ability to accommodate your needs after a meeting with an admissions counselor. Provost? Sure. Academics? Outstanding. Athletics? Nationally ranked teams. The school seems to check off all the boxes, and after speaking with your parents, you apply! Undoubtedly, you are accepted into Messiah College (with its 80% acceptance rate)! And for just $177,520, you too, can be a Messiah Falcon. An Accepted Students Day in March of your senior year will allay any fears and excite all your emotions. Parents are convinced once again that their young adult will be taken care of with Messiah’s state-of-the-art facilities, distinguished academic programs, and welcoming environment. Another stop at Lottie Nelson reminds you of its delicious food, and finally you are excited to begin the next 4 years of your life. The countdown to move-in day begins… Finally, August is here! You arrive on campus and are greeted by dozens of smiling faces, holding signs that direct you to where you will retrieve room keys, mail keys, and of course, the Community Covenant. Now you may be wondering what the Community Covenant is… but we will get to that later. You arrive to one of the first-year dorms (Bittner, Naugle, and Witmer), and if you are as lucky as I am, you are oh so pleased to find that you are living in Witmer 4A. To those of you who aren’t fortunate enough to have visited Messiah College, Witmer is the farthest residence hall on Messiah’s campus, and coincidentally the one I was assigned. Although I was originally worried about hauling my abundance of belongings to the fourth floor, a team of upperclassmen happily and cheerfully lugged my stuff to Witmer A415. The reality of it all begins to set in when I’m in my room, along with my parents and best friend, staring at boxes, bags, and totes that all need to find a place in my half of the room. Moments later I’m greeted by a cheery student, to my surprise it is my RA. And although I have a plethora of thoughts, feelings, and emotions flowing through me, I begin to unpack. While the day moves along quickly, I’m stopped in my tracks by the friendly and welcoming people around campus. I wonder if college won’t be as bad as I thought. Later in the day, parents are ushered to the President’s House where Kim Phipps hosts a small reception. Again, impressed by the beauty and presentation of the home, parents are assured once again that Messiah is the right place for their children. That night, the infamous Messiah College First-Year Candlelight Service is attended by families of first-years. A beautiful ceremony is organized and Messiah’s worship team performs some crowd-favorite-worship-songs that puts everyone at ease and makes everyone feel at home. Naturally, tears are shed from every member of the crowd. A heartwarming message from the campus pastor helps families to relate, as he tells a story from his own experience, creating a nice reception from the parents and students alike. After heartfelt hugs and goodbyes, tear-stained-faced freshmen are lead to Brubaker Auditorium where Orientation Groups are formed. After remembering which group (orientation groups at Messiah correlate with your FYS (First-Year seminar) class) I’m supposed to be in, I make my way over to a dozen or so other first-years. With no “hello” or greeting from the upperclassmen responsible for us, they lead us to a classroom. We are sat down in the brightly-lit room, all confused as to what is going on. The leaders begin telling us about themselves (major, where they’re from, etc.) and pass out 3 starbursts each. This kindness doesn’t go without incorporating it into a team-building-exercise, of course. After a few more embarrassing introductions and games, our leaders dismiss us. But of course, we aren’t left alone, we are guided back to our dorms, because who can tell where they are in the dark?! After we are back at Witmer, we are guided into a floor meeting where any lingering questions are asked and answered. Over forty chatty girls in the small, outdated lounge-space is not only overwhelming, but also extremely annoying. Dismissal from the meeting allows us to go back to our dorms where we are bound to have a sleepless night (and if you are as lucky as my roommate and me, you will be assigned a room with a broken AC unit). And if the sleepless night wasn’t enough to exhaust you, an 8 AM Foreign Language Placement Exam will (and coming from a French major, who had already taken a placement exam through Messiah online, this was infuriating). Nauseous, sleep-deprived, and utter depression were the adjectives I used to describe my first morning at Messiah College. Abstaining from “Breakfast For New Students” was necessary as I was already preoccupied with my placement exam (Messiah really likes to overlap activities). An “Orientation Group Activity” at 9:30 on a 90 degree day is sure to make you feel like you’re at home. Trotting all around campus, with essentially strangers, is just as fun as the scavenger hunt they had us participate in. While many of those in the group bonded over such activities, I on the other hand did not. Many of the scavenger hunt activities included lying on the ground, creating a human pyramid, and being “engaged”. After hearing about “ring by spring” (a term coined by seniors at Messiah who attend college for the sole purpose of finding a husband/wife by the spring of their senior year), you are sure to either mock or adopt the idea (I think you can guess which I chose). Finally, after walking miles around campus, we are lead back to Lottie for lunch. Lunch is a sigh of relief, unless of course you aren’t outgoing, an athlete, or here on some sort of scholarship. For me, lunch with my orientation group meant silence and awkward small talk. After repeating my name, major, and hometown close to 100 times that day, I literally wanted to die. But lunch didn’t even pale into comparison for what was next...the “sex” talk. The “sex” talk (or DTR as Messiah called it (still not sure what DTR stands for)), is just as awkward as hearing the sex talk from a Christian college sounds. This meeting discussed many of the policies surrounding “sexual harassment, sexual assault and other forms of interpersonal violence on college campuses”. Messiah holds a strong stance against sexual harassment (as any college should), but believes that since we live in a Christian environment, these types of things shouldn’t happen anyways. The Community Covenant (don’t worry, we will get to that) is a tool faculty throws around to prove and backup any statement they make. And while Messiah has had very little sexual assaults on its campus, a college should not just assume that since it is a Christian college, sexual harassment won’t take place. Following this serious meeting, we have an informational “Residence Hall Meeting”. To lighten the mood, RA’s and the RD show a video they put together, showing the new residents all the fun that will take place in the coming term. Reminding us of the infamous Res Hall Games that will take place tomorrow afternoon, of which I already dread. They give us information regarding maintenance, floor rules, and other residence info is discussed (take note: our AC is still broken). As I jot down some useful phone numbers, I begin to feel a little better about this place. Later that evening, the “New Student Social” reassures me that Messiah is just as isolating

I love it! I hope others are able to experience it as well. The community is unlike any other school, and I always feel comfortable on campus. The professors are always willing to help with work or just give advice and help. The school truly wants to see its students accelerate.

Eliana

Messiah college is a wonderful place full of extremely trustworthy individuals. There's been many times where I will just leave my laptop and other belongings on a table, then leave the building for twenty minutes or so and when I return its all still there just as I left it. The teachers on campus for the most part are also extremely good at their job. They make things simple and easy to understand, and at the same time they joke around and treat you as an equal. The only downsides are the rules for visitation hours and the guidelines for chapel which are fairly strict. In addition to all of this, the location is secluded which really gives the feeling of freedom and independence. Overall, Messiah College (soon to be university) is an amazing place to be.

Messiah College is a great school, especially if you are looking for a smaller school that is a health mix of academics and faith. The small class sizes allow for more one on one time with your professors, and for more focused learning. Campus life and activities are always happening and it is easy to get involved.

Morgan

Messiah College is full of opportunities when it comes to academics, extracurricular activities, faith, and sports! First impressions of a small campus may lead you to believe that there’s not much for you to get involved in, but I’m here to tell you that if you put yourself out there, the opportunities are endless! Messiah has built such a strong and passionate community, and everyone from your peers, to the janitors, to the professors, to the president of the college is invested in the lives of each student. Because class sizes are small, you really have the ability to form meaningful connections with your classmates and especially the professors, that stretch far beyond the walls of the classroom (and by that I mean professors love to invite their students over for dinner!!). While Messiah doesn’t have a football team, there are many other sporting events that are super fun to attend with your friends (after you’ve finished that essay of course!). Messiah’s food also exceeds the typical college cafeteria, and milkshakes are to die for!! I highly recommend getting involved in other extracurriculars as well, like Special Olympics, Student Activities Board, or the student government. You will become great friends with those you team with and those skills and connections will be carried with you through the rest of your life. Messiah is also extremely committed to incorporating Christian faith into all aspects of your life (even that computer science class that you never thought could have such a strong faith connection)! And if you have a free warm weekend day, hammocking near the beautiful Yellow Breeches creek is a student favorite, or even float down them with your friends (you’ll be sure to find someone with extra innertubes)! If you’re looking for meaningful education and connections on a much more personal level, plus tons of fun, look no further!!

I'm a first-year student and I've already applied to another college (secular) so I can transfer out. I never really wanted to come here in the first place because it's a Christian school, but their nursing program is excellent so I did anyway. I thought "Hey, maybe it won't be so bad and maybe I'll find some cool stuff to do." No. Coming here has only confirmed that the social life at Messiah is pretty awful and there is nothing to do, especially when freshmen can't have cars on campus. To make things worse, everyone is required to live on-campus unless you A. Have a child. B. Are over the age of 23. C. Are married. or D. Live with family locally. There are specific times that you're allowed to have someone of the opposite sex in your room. Even during these times, the door has to be at least halfway open with all of the lights on. It blows my mind that even seniors (22 year-old adults!!) have to follow these rules. The worst part is that in order to attend Messiah, you're required to sign a "Community Covenant" for which you promise that you won't drink, do drugs, have sex, or express same-sex attraction on or off-campus, including winter/summer break. I'm not even going to get into the mandatory chapels and bible classes. Despite these extremely invasive policies, mandatory B.S. and the lack of diversity in terms of worldview, the academics are great. I'll give Messiah that. Bottom Line: Anyone thinking about coming here who doesn't fit the typical "Christian mold" should stay far, far away. I sure wish I had.