Tigerville, SC
North Greenville University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend North Greenville University

Erin

I would tell myself to try everything that the campus has to offer. Don't let the actions of others affect you and make your own path to follow. Make sure you stick to your guns and don't let people mess with you. Take pride in what you have done and what you will do. Don't be afraid to talk to someone new and make new friends. Also, don't be afriad of the teachers. They want to help you achive everything in your field and will make sure you do your best as long as you work for it. Make your dorm as homie as possible, you will be spending a lot of time there! Don't let the little things bug you. Get connected with a church and get involved. Just have fun and do your best.

Being a Christian based school with high levels of education. We have good sports teams that reach out the community. We also are very globally interactive with mission trips year round.

How good it really was. I was under the wrong impression about the school. I thought it would be a bad place to be becuase of the size and placement. Turns out it is the place I needed to be and it has offered me everything I need to succeed in the education field.

Valencia

Dear Valencia Baxton: I am your future. You are my past. I am here to prevent you from making my college mistakes. John Adams once said, "There are two educations. One should teach us how to make a living and the other how to live." In High School, we had poor study habits, and we were procrastinators when it came to completing assignments and preparing for tests. We will fail in college and in life if we continue with this learning style. After I was placed on probation and threatened to be kicked out of college for poor grades, I straightened up rather quickly! If I was kicked out of school, Daddy's dreams for us would be shattered. We know how important it was to him that we graduate from Purdue University. We will be the first person in our family to ever attend and graduate from an accredited university. My motivation to do better was hearing Daddy say (in my head), "My baby's going to college!" Don't let him down! Take control of your college education early. Allow it to teach you how to make a successful living and how to live as an independent woman.

Cameron

There is a strong air of friendship among the students. Most people have no problem finding a group of friends that they can identify with and enjoy hanging out. This is a great place to learn about religion, even if you do not identify with Christianity. If you are a Christian, this is a fantastic place to grow spiritually.

Cameron Joseph Ventura as a senior in high school looks much different than the Cameron who is writing this essay. The younger edition of me, standing roughly twenty pounds heaver and face more naked, could theoretically gain greatly from a brief conversation with present day me. I would simply remind myself of the importance of remaining true to what I believe is right. I have not made any giant mistakes that I greatly regret, yet there have been times within the past that I have let myself hold back from what I should have fought for, as well as other times where I have let my atmosphere and desires lead me into being far too passionate about what I should have let go. I would like to believe that a simple admonition would be enough to encourage me to stand true to what is noble, and let that guide those around to pattern what is excellent, rather than allowing the less honorable to set the stage for how those around choose to exist.

I believe that those who are overtly liberal or flagrantly homosexual, pro-choice, or maybe even democratic would have a somewhat difficult time at this school. Even those who hold somewhat to those identities would probably have few to no problems, however, it is a possibility.

David

North Greenville is unique because it is a very Christ centered school. Everyone is so friendly and loving. The teachers care and help to do anything they can to make sure the students do well. The president is loving and gives everyone a hug. North Greenville has a great Christian Studies area and prepares the students for the ministry. The other majors also prepare the other students well too.

If i could go back in time and talk to myself as a High School senior I would tell myself to apply for more scholarships, to try harder, and to not procrastinate. All three of these things are essential in college life. School is expensive and I wish i could have realized that last year to be more prepared for the years to come with loans. I did not try my best throughout high school and i regret that. I wish I could tell myself to buckle down and put some initiative into my work to be proud of it. Since I have started college i have learned to do my work days ahead of time. This is less stress and worry on my part when the due date comes up. If i had known how to do this last year, I would not have lost as much sleep due to worry. I am proud of my accomplishments in school, but I would do those three things differently if I could talk to myself one year ago.

Anyone is welcome at North Greenville. This is a loving school for all people. The rules are strict, but they can be followed. If someone is worried about not fitting in, then North Greenville is the place for them. Everyone has a place here. This is where Christ Makes the Difference.

Erin

My classmates are some of the nicest people I have ever been put in contact with. They made me feel very welcome when I first started school, especially the upperclassmen. They made sure I knew where I was headed next and gave me someone to eat with until I had my own group. I have met some of the strongest most devout Christians at school and that was something I looked for when deciding on my college.

I would tell myself to first off, and most importantly, stop taking my mom for granted. I never realized how much she did for me and how hard it is to begin living on my own and making tough decisions for myself. I would have known how to do a better job at putting myself out there. It seems that the only people I hang out with in college are people that live in my dorm and that is tough because when you live with people sometimes you need to get away. I would also remind myself that going home is okay, sometimes it is what you need and not to feel bad about it. I would also remind myself to enjoy the rest of my senior year, but get excited about college, yes it new and scary but it also a great experience and exciting.

The most frustrating thing about school would probaby be how lost I am when it comes to making decisions on future classes. I feel like I am stuck in a world of the unknown because I don't know what I need to take and what happens next and how to stay on the right track with my major. There is a curriculum guide that is posted on my school's website but it has been very confusing and hard to understand. I truly feel blessed, if this is the biggest problem I am having I chose a great school.

Jarrett

I do enjoy life at North Greenville University very much, but it definitely has it's down sides. There are just so many rules restricting you from what you can and cannot do. I don't feel like a college student. I feel like a high school student at summer camp.

Frisbee, Basketball, Flag football, and other intramural sports are common place on NGU campus. Playing ping pong and billiards in the stud at night, and driving to downtown Greenville. NGU campus is a suitcase campus, most kids here go home on the weekend. If you don't find friends the weekends can be pretty boring.

Overall the student body seems like a group of mind washed zombie drones programmed to worship Jesus. I said, "shit" in the cafeteria one day and people looked at me like I was the anti-christ. I mean, that just doesn't seem normal to me. To cause a fuss over something as trivial as a curse word. But, nevertheless these people are good people, and will work with you and help you out if you ever find yourself in need. But be prepared to fit their mold, not the other way around.

Well, Academics is one thing that I would say is exemplary at North Greenville University. The courses are rigorous and the teachers are experienced.

Being a Christian based school, I feel like North Greenville University has a stereotype for housing 'foot-washing baptists' and 'Jesus Freaks'. Seeing that we are in the bible belt in Greenville, South Carolina this is true, but there is also a ton of diversity on campus. There are weed smokers. There are partiers. There are Fixed-Gear Bicycle Riders. It's just like a normal school.

Erin

My classmates are outgoing, exciting, and normal.

My classmates are outgoing, exciting, and normal.

Looking back as a high school senior I would have told myself to apply for as many scholarships as possible before entering college. Also, I would have recommended saving a lot of money during the summer and not spending it on unimportant items during the school year. As far as having a car on campus, I would have told myself not to drive home every weekend because it saves money and allows positive social interaction with other students. Staying on the weekends encourages branching out and getting involved with other organizations, students, and churches. As far as dealing with the transition between college classes and highschool, I would have told myself to study for tests greatly beforehand instead of cramming information the night before. Also, I would have encouraged myself to talk to professors if I was having a problem because this creates a name-to-name basis and when it comes to the end of the semester for final grades, if they noticed how hard you were trying they would boost your grade just enough to make a difference. Overall, I would tell myself to remain practical, have fun making lifelong friends, and work hard.

That a lot of activities outside of campus are 20-30 mintues away.

North Greenville University really is where Christ makes a difference, it is very friendly and Christ centered.

I would tell myself to not worry about college or what the future holds.

The worst thing about my school is some of the rules, they are really strict but it is for the students own good.

Tricia

NGU is a caring Christian university in a peaceful setting.

NGU is a caring Christian university in a peaceful setting.

There are a few things you need to succeed in college: focus, willingness to learn and tme management skills. First of all you must have a clear goal and stay focused on it. This will help you as many distractions will come your way. It will also hep you when times are tough. Hang in there, stay focused and you will reach your goal. Secondly, you must be wiling to learn all kinds of information. Look at each class as an opportunity to expand your horizons. Also be willing to ask for help in learning when needed. There are plenty of places to go for help on most campuses. Lastly, be diligent in your time management. Use an agenda or a calendar on your wall. Watch your due dates and work ahead when you can. In the middle of all your hard work, also make sure you take some playtime. You will make friends that will last your lifetime. Spend time nurturing these relationships. If you listen to this advice, you will finish strong, do well academically and enjoy your experience while you are in college. Good Luck!

NGU is a small environment with teachers who care. The arts programs are wonerful. The surrounding area is peaceful.

Tiffany

My classmates are kind, friendly, listen well in class, and strive to do thier best in all aspects of thier work.

I would tell myself to have paid more attention in my spanish and science classes.

There really isn't anything frustrating about my school.

North Greenville University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.