Flagstaff, AZ
Northern Arizona University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Northern Arizona University

Brittney

NAU is known for it's excellent teaching and Geology schools. Due to the surrounding wilderness, it's forestry school has flourished as well.

Choosing a college is not necessarily dependant on the college you choose. Instead, when looking for a place to attend school, look for a city you can be content to live in. If you are not quite sure of what you want to study, it is not entirely the college that will guide your decision, it will be your pasttimes in, and out, of the school. It is not always about the best school in a certain field, learning depends on how you let your school, professors, city, and surroundings shape you into a better person. Learning comes from within, it is not the grades, or a degree, that define you as a person.

I wish I'd known how difficult it is to get a job in Flagstaff, or on campus, before attending NAU. I also wish I'd had an incling of how expensive alot of housing off campus can be.

Marsha

I would highly suggest that students and parents visit the prospective schools to see if they feel right. Also I think that you should ask around and see where the majority of students in your area have decided to go to college. My first year of college I attended a school in a state I did not like. My sophmore year I started at the school I am at now and have discovered that a lot of Alaskans go here. Some of the other schools I have been looking at for graduate school are now also schools that other Alaskans tend to go to. Finding places that similar people have choosen can quide you to the right school.

The kind of person that should attend this school should be someone who is into the outdoors.

I wish I got more involed with student instruction programs and tutoring.

Victor

That there is no other place like home, but they should be able to make the best choice about where to move in order to accomplish their goals.

Other students. I was not from Flagstaff and I wish I would have known other people.

The most important part of the University/College you choose is the people who make up the campus. The students, resident assistants, counselors, teachers, staff, are the people you see most. If you don't enjoy them, then you can not enjoy yourself. The greatest experiene I had, was freshmen orientation when I met the people I was about the spend the next four years with. These people have become my closest friends, and have shown me things that I would have never seen before if I had not stepped out of my comfort zone. Don't be afraid to jump into something new, you won't regret it and when will you ever have the chance to try new things then when you are in college!? You don't want to be that person walking across the stage wondering if your experince was everything is could of been? Do YOU?

More information on the study abroad program.

The President of the University does not communicate at all with his students or staff in a productive method.

Andrew

Northern Arizona University is a great place for students who prefer small classes and love out-door activities.

Find that college that will let you/your child be yourself/themselve and encourage you/them to challenge yourself/themself to grow. Don't over-look the faculty, make sure you research these people who will be responsible for teaching you/your child because if their views don't agree with yours, you may have a problem. Also talk to current students as much as you can, with out professors around. This may be risky but it will be the only way that students will give you their honest oppinions and they are the ones will be able to you tell you what kind of schooling/teaching you/your child will experience.

NAU attracts students from all walks of life. We have students from in state, out of state, other countries, rich families, poor families, all races and ethnicities.

Christoffer

There are many things students and parents should do to prepare for college. To find the right college for you, visit every college of interests and look at the positives and negatives of choosing that college. Also, go into college prepared to work because college isn't like high school. There is more work, but if you are prepared for it, you can get it done and still have time for other activites. Something else you should do is get involved. Whether it be attending football games or joining a club, any kind of involvement will help with your college experience. As for parents, you just need to be supportive of your child and there decisions. The more supportive you are, the more your child will enjoy there experience.

The worst part about NAU is the Greek life due to excessive drinking and partying. Whether it be off campus or on campus, there is always something going on.

Northern Arizona University has a great variety of professors and class sizes. With the help of my professors, I have the opportunity to choose what size classes I take. My professors are also very encouraging when it comes to learning the material and succeeding.

Kyle

My school is extremely nice and beautiful.

My school is extremely nice and beautiful.

Look through all of the activities around campus along with class sizes and population in the school is very helpful for finding the right lace for you.

I believe the diverse population and the outdoor activities are the best things about my school. Becuase both of these attributes help well with the learning experience.

Christina

I would tell them to make sure they find a school that they are looking for. They need to get in mind what kind of atmosphere they want to be around and the types of people they want to meet. I would encourage them to get involved and volunteer to make the best out of their college experience.

We have a lot of school spirit, and I have the best professors!

The worst part about my school is that parking is very little and you are only allowed to park in the designated area that you buy your parking pass for and they way over priced.

Garrett

Evironmentally Friendly, Helpful, Diverse, and the most wonderful teaching environment I've ever been to.

Teaching although the business college is gaining ground fast we have been chosen twice to send students to visit and talk with Warren Buffet.

Go with what your heart says, and if you dont know then go anyways, there are people to help you decide. Life is about making hard decisions and at college you learn to deal with them and make wise choices. It is the best way to transition into real life. And the experiance is worth every penny you spend.

Tarynn

Very laid back, yet very educational and fun school.

Very laid back, yet very educational and fun school.

I would incourage students and/or parents to find a school where you would feel the most comfortable with the type of students that go there as well as the surroundings. Most all schools have good education programs, so if the schools one is looking at already has a good education program and professers, then really one of the most important things is for the student to be comfortable in their surroundings. The way the weather is is something that can really be a downer or upper for the student and social life and activities are another thing that can really effect one's college experiance. Also making the most out of college is a must. I would advise to do as many school activites and attend as many events as one can, because you only have this college experiance once in one's life, so definatly do not waste it. A student should really saviour the time they spend and the things they learn while at college.

someone who is really conservative shouldn't go here. Also someone who doesn't like the cold and snow.

Northern Arizona University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.