Oklahoma City, OK
Oklahoma City University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Oklahoma City University

Vishu
OKCU from a commuter

OKCU from a commuter

It's a small liberal arts school. Performing arts are huge and the level of talent is high. Most students find that the nickname of "Over Committed University" is real and even though there are not a ton of extra curriculars those available in addition to rehearsals and school is more than enough to keep you busy. Private university but financial aid was readily available and they try to find you funding if you need it. It was difficult and stressful but at graduation I realized I had met friends that I will keep forever.

Elise

Oklahoma City University is a liberal, artistic oasis in Oklahoma that nurtures students individual gifts and prepares one both mentally and emotionally for professional success.

My school is best known for it's distinctive arts program in music and dance.

papa souleymane ndiouck

I Like tis school because I have visited the site and I have met that it is a good school and iam interested in LAW and International business or international commerce. So i am interested in soocer because I like FOOT BALL. All that opportunities encourage me to interest in the oklahoma university. My only dream is to will be a OKLAHOMA STUDENT IN BEGINNIG 2015.

i have met that that oklahoma students have same behiviours like my current friends at school.Because at my school student work everytime they have good notes they always organises seminary between us to search how to do for our studies.Finaly we are excellent.

the most popular student activities are SPORTS; create foundation ;solidarity; siminery ; meeting international students

At oklahoma the student have good live; the students are effective; leadership; kind ; they sportsman; basket ball players; and ambitious. TRUELY SINCERLY I LIKE OKLAHOMA STUDENTS AND HOPE THAT I WILL BE THERE.

Uyen

If I could go back in time and talk to myself as a high school senior, there are many things I would tell myself. The most important thing I would remind myself is to find a good college that I would like to spend some time at, and work on gathering a lot of small or large scholarships to pay for college. I would tell myself not to spend so much time trying to impress others and just be myself. I would remind myself to save the money I worked for instead of spending it on useless items that I will not be using in the future. I wouldn't forget to tell myself that I need to quit procasinating all my assignment and try to get them done as soon as I can. It's crazy how much I would tell myself in order to ensure that I will have an easier transition from high school to college. Most importantly, I would advise the younger me to not worry about partying too much, and spend more time focusing on bettering myself and creating a stable future.

The only downside I can think of for OCU is that it is a private college. This makes it expensive. Other than that, this is a great school.

I've meet some amazing people during my visits at Oklahoma City University. The atmosphere at OCU is very fresh and quiet, there isn't a lot of noise beside the busy streets that are around the corner. The staff and students are down to earth and very eagered to lend a hand. I know I will be taken care of at OCU.

Laura

The advice I would give myself as a high school senior would not be the conventional "work hard" or "get ready for challenges" type of discussion. I was prepared for the music rehearsals and late studying at Oklahoma City University because I had a taste of it in high school and have an older sister. No, I would warn my former self that I would encounter a surprising number of students on a daily basis that, to put it frankly, do not care. As I enter my senior year at OCU as a student that indeed does care about the things I do and the way that I treat people, I realize that the fight to stave off the predominantly negative attitudes and uninitiated behavior of some people will prove to be a sincere effort for the rest of my life. There are other people that also try to do their best to put effort and energy into their pursuits. Yet, negativity always seems to have the stronger pull. Through experience, I now have a trick to combat that negativity: be like a duck, paddling furiously underwater, while floating gracefully up above.

The many successful artistic alumni as well as the Dean of the school of music.

Most students in degree programs similar to mine do not have future plans in mind. Also, they are no concerned about grades or learning academically.

Alex

You aren't going to get into a musical theatre program. You are a stronger actress and that's where you will fall. With that being said, it doesn't mean you aren't talented. You are so talented, and you can't spend the first semester beating yourself up because you can't sing as well as some of your friends. It's okay to feel sad about it, but don't let it get you down, let it bring you up and motivate you to be a better singer. If you ever feel low, go speak to a councilor. DON'T wait until the end of the semester when your friends tell you they don't want to be your friend anymore to seek help. If you feel like giving up on anything, school, friends, pom, etc..... Ask for help. It's okay to ask for help. It makes you strong. You will be strong, and you will overcome the challenge.

OCU truly cares about each and every student there. The small size allows professors to get to know their students on a first name basis, and gives the students the chance to connect and learn without feeling swallowed up in a 300 student lecture hall class. Everyone at the school is success driven and motivated to do their best. It's a school with professors, students, and alumni that push each other to be the best they can be.

With that being said, the small size has it's downfall. If you think you can skip classes, think again. When there's 12 of you in a class, the professor is going to know if someone is missing. OCU at times can feel like an extension of high school. With many students being performers, it can be very cliquey. The athletes sit with the athletes, dancers with dancers, theatre students with theatre students, etc. And rumors spread fast at a school with 3K. Everyone seems to know everyones business.

Ashley, be proud of what you have accomplished and excited about entering college, but do not be naive about expectations and human behavior. You are a people pleaser and also worry more that you like to admit about what others think of you and this will cause you some sadness during your first semester. Don't worry, it gets better and you will start to find your "college self" and so will others. Understand that people will disappoint you and you will disappoint others, but be quick to forgive and do not hold grudges, they will only cause you pain. People make mistakes, including you and be quick to forgive yourself and not beat yourself up too much. Be happy. Be nice. Be positive. When things don't go your way or seem too tough to overcome, breathe in, breath out and move on (sooner than later). Have high expectations, but make sure they are realistic. Make sure to hug your sister a lot and tell her how much you love her. She is your best friend and you will miss her more than you can even imagine.

I wish that I would have known how difficult it is to find a job on campus. My parents are helping with my college education, but it is expected and appropriate that I have ownership of my college education expenses and I contribute and will pay them back. I have tried repeatedly to find a job, have not, to date. Additionally, the financial aid package is not very good compared to the high cost of tuition and room and board.

The requirement that all students that live in the dorms purchase a food plan is not reasonable for some and the school should offer additional options, including the option to decline the food plan. Although the cafeteria offers many options, it would be less expensive for those of us who are responsible for paying for college to purchase our own food at a nearby grocery store. I pay (actually borrow), $4,000 per year to pay for a food plan that I don't have time or need to use and it's very frustrating.

Savannah

Oklahoma City University, school of the stars, is a university that produces driven, faithful, focused, humble, successful students who understand, have been taught, and are willing to give back to the communities that shaped them.

Throughout my first year at Oklahoma City University, I discovered how valuable prioritizing and time management is. During high school, being Student Class President while maintaining my 3.2 GPA and All-State cheerleading, was easy. Despite of what many respected individuals told me, I continued to assume college would merely be a tad bit harder than high school due to lengthier papers and the lack of daily reminders from my professors and parents. If I could, I would show myself how in the midst of my second semester, 8 organizations, 3 shows, and 2 roommates later, I was nearly burnt out. I had failed to make wise decisions when it came down to preparing properly. Although, I finished my first year with a 3.96 GPA, I had trouble deciding to say “No.” when I had too much on my plate, or choosing to get a well-needed 8 hour night of sleep. When I look back, I see an eager girl who didn’t want to miss anything. With maturity, I have realized missing some “things” is a good thing. College can get overwhelming quickly if you don’t know how to prioritize and manage your time wisely.

I have pride in how united, diverse, and prestigious my university is in every field. Many look at Oklahoma City University as just an arts school, but I am proud to inform others on how OCU is home to two Fulbright scholars, three Miss Americas, a distinguished Law-degree program, the National Association of Intercollegiate Athletics: Women's basketball champions, and many Radio City Music Hall Rockettes.

Miranda

I would first and foremost ask myself "how much do you want this? When I was 18 I was so ready to start my college career and get away that I didn't blink about the fine details; I didn't think about the amount of money I was about to commit myself too. I fell in love HARD with a school then didnt hunt around to see if there were possibly more cost effient schools that I could have equally fallen for. I loved my 4 years at OCU but now having just graduated I look at the student debt that is now looming over me and I can barely catch my breath. Was taking all that money out worth it? I would say its about 50/50. I made amazing friends and met the love of my life but I now feel like I'm tethered down and un able to begin building my grown-up life because of the impending doom of possible default. Do things happen for a reason? Everyone has student debt right? I'd tell my 18 year old self to think really hard about where she wants her life to go. Then leap.

I wish I had known more about myself. I came to this school thinking it was the best option for me but despite the fact that I made great friends and met my future husband I truly think that the price tag was a lot higher then it should have been for what I got. I got amazing training in my field for about the first 2 1/2 years then I found that I "out-grew" my professors (for lack of a better term). I loved OCU but I have loans coming out my ears...

I brag about the commitment and the talent that surrounded me. I went to school with an amazing group of actors, singers, dancers, techicians etc who all spent every day making themselves better at what they do. I learned so much from that. I also brag about the openness of the student body; the acceptance of everyones flaws and eveyones choices (polical, social, sexual etc).

Jacob

A diverse community with strong passion for what we do

A diverse community with strong passion for what we do

Apply for every scholarship no matter how strange it comes across as. You need all the money you can get and it will pay off later. Having the feeling of knowing everything is paid for is well worth all the time and effort it takes to apply for these scholarships, and then you can devote all of your focus to your passion instead of working two on-campus jobs to fight to pay for college.

Any student that is well driven and has a passion for what they do, is the best fit for Oklahoma City University

Oklahoma City University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.