Philadelphia, PA
Philadelphia University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Philadelphia University

Dana

I love the fashion design program in the school. There's a big deal going on though about the school, in general. Thomas Jefferson University bought our school, therefore we must adjust to this change. It feels weird, but I just hope the programs remain the same.

Alejandra

It's a good university to go to for design. The classes are challenging but you learn a lot about your career. The class sizes are small to medium. The professor will know the student's name. We are a division II in athletics and the student body is supportive of the Ram teams by attending games and cheering them on.

Skylar

Its a great school, with a great graphic design program. In fact, the graphic design program is rated among Drexel, Carnegie Mellon, and Boston University. There are plenty of opportunities to get involved and being in East Falls, plenty of things to do, only a short walk, bus ride, train ride, or drive away. Definitely not a party school, but there's plenty of nearby schools that are, so you can get the best of both worlds.

Sophia

Philadelphia University was definitely the right choice for me. There is a lot for me to do to get involved in and I get involved in as much as I can. The only way to get the best out of an experience is to put in your best. This is exactly what I intend to do throughout my four years at the university. The class sizes are perfect and the teacher really show their interest and support. The professors will spend as much time needed to get to know you and to realize what the best learning strategy is for you. It is safe to say that because of the small size of the university, it is a complete community that works together and cares about every individual.

Jayden

Philadelphia University is a wonderful school to be attending. The campus is gorgeous, and I always feel welcome and safe there. The faculty are wonderful, and are always available to help if I find myself in a dilemma. Other students are amiable, and I have never had a problem with being excluded or bullied at PhilaU. Overall, I can say that I would not be happy at any other campus or university.

Philadelphia University is a dream come true. Everything you expect of college but in a small way. You get to know your peers and professors. The relationships you make will be long lasting.

Why did you decide to go to this school?

These school became my top choice after I went for a tour. The environment is welcoming, calm and people are friendly. If you love nature, you will love the school. I cannot imagine picking another school over PhilaU. If you like calm this is the school to go.

What are your classes like?

Classes are very informative; you will think you know something but you really don't. They will get all the boring details and make them recent which helps. I was not a history person until I took classes at PhilaU.

What's the dating scene like?

I don't see a lot of couples through morning/evening. I commute so whatever happens after classes, I don't get to see.

Where is the best place to get work done on campus?

I mainly work at the library but throughout campus you will find places that will work for you. I can't work with people talking so I go into the silent/quiet zones at the library while other people like to go to Kanbar, and Ravenhill.

Get involved in everything you can, and drop things you don't like until you find the thing you like.

Basketball and soccer are big but every other sport is recognized. We are a small school so fraternities and sororities are not that big but they play a big role in our school. Every organization matters.

Everyone is very kind. If you don't speak up, no one will really approach you. Outfits are based on your personality and major. If you are fashion, you should be expected to be out there and sciences are more casual. Students respect your values and deal with everything like proper people.

Everything is awesome. First of all, the professors push you to the next level and help you along the way. When the subjects gets harder there are students who have succeeded to help you and there is also free tutoring; which helps a lot.

Alexis

A private design school in the suburbs outside the city.

A private design school in the suburbs outside the city.

Very nice and competitive.

If I could go back I would advise myself to visit as many colleges as possible and apply to as many schools as possible. I would encourage myself to connect with as many people that go to the college I am going to as I can before going in there so that making friends is easier. I would also advice myself to not stress out as much during senior year because it is supposed to be a fun time and it is important to make as many memories as possible.

Irianis

I am not sure if this is the name of the University I am going to attend. I`m starting on January at Eastern University. I would not be able to describe to you my classmates because I have not begin my journal yet.

The advice I would give to myself would be start applying for scholarships before graduating college, take everything serious start college as soon as you finish high school and become someone very important for your mother, your sisters, yourself and future family. If you take this steps and advices you will accomplish in life everything you will need for mommy yourself and or vacations if you would like to because a part time job or a full time job in a fast food restaurant will not leave you what a degree and a professional career would leave you. A full time job would only leave you the money you need to pay for bills, food clothing and for the necessary things at home. Start everything as soon as possible and you will accomplish in life and college.

The best thing I consider in Eastern University is that the school is not too big and it does not have too manyy students. The reason why I consider this the best thing is because if I have a question or need to speak with my profesor I could speak with him or her after class or less than a week and I will not neet to wait a month or so.

Connie

The community. So many other students are willing to help you and give you the insider route. It is easy to feel welcome and tackle the challenges that being a college student brings because you have an impeccable support system.

Sometimes, as a college student, all we can really think about it trudging forward. We’ve already made it through much and we’re so close to the real world that all we want to do is make that last push. But all great people are able to reflect on their past and realize the great obstacles that they have overcome. Just the other day I was remembering my first day moved onto the Philadelphia University Campus I had taken on a fever due to the high stress I was experiencing of being in a new surrounding. Would it be like my previous school where I dreaded the noise that buzzed around a supposedly elite crowd? All it took to be myself was realizing that everybody is in the same position as myself. No matter how different everyone is, you all share one thing in common – the unknown. Make an effort to really learn from everything that you come across. Take advantage of the advisors who provide you with the tools that will help you achieve your goals!

All it took to be myself was realizing that everybody is in the same position as myself. No matter how different everyone is, you all share one thing in common – the unknown. Embrace it, and explore everything. You will only find your niche after trying anything and everything college has to offer you. Dive right in and keep an open mind. You will not find yourself in college, however you will create yourself and become someone you were destined to be. And be smart about loans because there are afforable educations out there!

Philadelphia University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.