College Station, TX
Texas A & M University-College Station

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Texas A & M University-College Station

Parker

I love the spirit of TAMU. I would make the on campus roads better (too many pot holes etc). Also somehow redirect the train around College Station. I think the school is fine size- wise. The only time that I am on campus is just for class and sporting events. Everyone is impressed if I say I go to TAMU. Tons of school pride (12th man). Will always remember the football games.

I don't think anyone would feel out of place at TAMU since it is such a friendly campus. I guess if you are used to a city lifestyle, then College Station is not the place for you. Most students come from Dallas or Houston. Most students are conservative.

_________________________________________ ________________000000000________________ __0000___00000000000000000000000___0000__ _0000___0000000000000000000000000___0000_ _000______000000000000000000000______000_ _000_____000___00000000000___000_____000_ _000____________000000000____________000_ __000____________0000000____________000__ ___00_____________00000_____________00___ ____0____________0000000____________0____ __________________00000__________________ _________________________________________ _______________SAW 'EM OFF!!!_____________

Not at all. Brilliant people go to TAMU.

Sorority seems to be very big on campus. I am involved in the Dental Society. They have meetings every other week, have lots of service opportunities, go on field trips (to dental schools), play intramurals, etc. Athletic events are huge... especially the football games. 86,000 fans yelling as one is a pretty awesome experience. Muster is probably the biggest event that happens every year. Muster is a ceremony that honors fallen Aggies. People party all the time here. Last weekend, I went to a party and to Lake Bryan, and studied. Movies, camping, just hanging out, playing sports are things that can be done without alcohol.

Some professors know your name if you make it a point for them to get to know you. Favorite class is History 106 (after the Civil War). Least favorite is Organic Chemistry and Molecular Cell Biology. Some students study more than others. It really depends on where you want to go in life. Class participation is not very common in my science classes because not many people actually understand what is going on. TAMU academic requirements are really good. Leads to more competition and brings the best out of the students. My education will lead me to a good job.

That if you go to TAMU, you are just a farmer. The school cares about tradition and nothing else.

Charlie

big school, small town...i love it. the best thing about being here is how damned nice everyone is. everyone is your friend and you don't have to worry about locking your doors to go in and pick up your dry cleaning...this is a different atmosphere

very conservitive, very white, very old fashioned, i couldn't ask for anything more

be prepared to puke aggie spirit...i want to punch some people in the face for taking some of these traditions so serioiusly...don't get me wrong, i like traditions, but i'm not going to wear a fucking maroon shirt every damned day and if someone wants to leave a football game at half time, then so be it, who really gives a shit getting an aggie ring is the greatest feeling in the whole world...you work so hard for it and when you get it, everyone knows that you are a BADASS

everyone is lacking common sense or dumb, you know about the aggie jokes, right?

greek life is great...i would encourage everyone to join a fraternity/sorority

this is a tough school, but, you will be one smart dude when you get out of here...your basic classes are huge (300+) students. but now that i'm in upper level, there is anywhere from 10-30 students in my classes now.

kiss my ass, everyone who graduates here with any type of real degree will be bossing around any shit kicker from any other school within five years

Rebecca

The big picture about A&M is that we are a tight-knit student body who come together celebrating the Aggie Spirit. It's hard to explain exactly what that is or even attempt to define it, but I shall try. It's supporting the football team, regardless of the score. It's the student body coming together the first tuesday of the month to honor current students who has sadly passed away tragically. It's about being a part of something larger than yourself, and understanding that there are thousands of people who would support you if you ever needed it. I think the only thing I would change about this university would be the fact that we are growing out of the seams; this university is quite large, and it seems that there are times that the student body isn't always accomidated.

At A&M there is a lot of diversity. There are a vast number of International students along with students from various cultural backgrounds and beliefs. These voices have just as much say and just as much right to say it here. Though this university is one of the largest Conservative colleges in the nation, other views are welcomed and accepted as well. Diversity is what makes A&M truly unique. Two of my dearest friends are from Zimbabwe and Sierra Leon respectively. Another close friend is gay. And each of them have found their niche on campus and are active in promoting their respective diversity.

I think some of the sterotypes of students who attend are generally white students who are interested in agriculture. This university is known for being "farmers."

Class sizes at A&M are dependant on what class you take. Upper level classes are generally small, thus letting you have the chance to get to know your professor and other students. I personally have had amazing professors and met some wonderful people from classes alone. Being an English major at a university that is not known for its Liberal Arts college is interesting. The classes are wonderful because students and professors want to be there learning and discussing what we have read. My Medeval Literature professor used to be a child actor in a famous movie, however, he didn't like to discuss it very much. And it turns out that he knows my mom as well! College Station has this small town feel, and just happens to be a slightly large city. I believe that the education of students is geared at understanding the material and gaining something from the class. My Shakespeare professor told us after the first paper that he was more concerned about how we finish up in the class, how our writing has grown rather than how we are graded.

There are so many groups to become involved in on campus, ranging from intermural sports to service organizations to greek life. I am personally involved in a club team of ultimate frisbee, which is just where a group of friends play in this huge field on campus. Any one is welcome, in fact the more the merrier because that makes for a better game! I am also involved in The Big Event, which is the largest one day student run service project in the nation. This organization is focused on giving back to the community and thanking them for all of their continuous support, whether it is financial or just saying "Howdy" back! There are movie theatres for the die hard movie lovers, but there is even a live theatre which monthly puts on musicals and other plays for the community. The MSC Opas is a group that brings in internationally acclaimed or just talented acts such as Yoyo Ma, The Producers broadway productions, and even Mongolian throatsingers. Each preformance is truly amazing and worth seeing.

No generally. However, there are plenty of other idenitites that describe A&M just as much as being agricultrual related!

Texas A & M University-College Station administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.