You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend University of Arizona

Additional Loan Options

Arizona is filled with school spirit and sporting events are a big part of college life. Greek life which im apart of is one of the best things i couldve done at U of A. Being in my sorority has given me amazing friendships and is a home away from home. The campus is very beautiful and well taken care of. Tucson is not the best city but there are some areas that are very nice. There is always something going on and its very easy to find something to do. The only concern is that recently there has been alot of vandalism around tucson and one of my sisters was held at gun point in front of our sorority house. At arizona there are alot of attractive people and we have a reputation for partying alot, which is true. Overall Arizona has been everything i couldve imagined in a college and i would not go to any other school.

For the most part Greek life is not very diverse but outside of Greek life there is alot of racial and religious differences. I believe that anyone could find a club about their interests or religions. I would say that everyone interacts with others and I have not personally heard of any recent conflicts with race, gender, or religion. Most U of A students are from Arizona, California, and Illinois. Most student I know come from average to above average income families but I know that there is a good diversity on campus. Student are active in politics and there are always tents on the mall representing different groups and trying to get kids involved in their government.

For the most part Arizona has average academics. Getting my minor in buisness i was able to see how competetive that school is. It is very difficult to get into a specific major and everyone is trying to get the best grade possible. Everyone i know studies every day. In my sorority we pride ourselves in having the highest GPA on campus and we all do our part to keep that. Im also apart of the honors program and taking honors classes i can see an obvious difference becuase teachers are alot more personal and really care about each student suceeding in their course. For the most part, all of the General Education classes are not too difficult and I have walked away with basic backround information.

On campus im involved in greek life. Im a member of Chi Omega and my sorority is the main way I have met all my friends. Freshman year I met some of my best friends in my hall and we have stayed friends through Greek Life. Sports teams are very prodominent and popular. In Greek Life is where alot of the partying takes place becuase on campus at any given night you can find a Fraternity that is throwing some sort of party. Some people could party 5 nights a week but on average i would say most people go out at least 2 nights a week. This previous weekend my sorority hosted a date dash so me and my friends attended that and then I went and hung out with my boyfriend who is an old member of a Fraternity. Overall there is always someone to go out with and someone to stay in with.

They drink and party alot and are for the most part are all attractive and overly tan. Greek life is all about partying and looking good. Good buisness school and science department.

Kendall

the school is amazing i love the lay out and how beautiful the campus is. i'd probably not change much, but give us more three day weekends.

there is a lot of sway towards mexicans. i'm in a class about latino portrayal in media and pop culture and they spin everything so it sounds negative. they said that sesame street was racist. come on.

some are! some of the people here are way too spoiled and don't have any clue what it's like to be in the real world.

the math department here sucks. i took it at pima with a professor who teaches at the U of A but the way the course is set up it makes it easier to succeed if you are working hard.

there is always a lot of stuff going on i love the activities that asua comes up with.

they party hard, do coke but not as much as asu. they're stupid, major in communications and other things just to get by because their rich parents will set them up with a job.

Scott

Fun school. Very big, people are enthusiastic about athletic teams. Not too hard of classes depending on what you want to do. Good weather, big greek life.

Classes vary in size, lots of big lectures and then some smaller discussion groups. Flexible about switching between majors. Good study environment at the library if you need it.

Greek life is huge. Lots of partying, people are for the most part outgoing and willing to hang out. Football games are huge, baseball and basketball are also popular.

Not very smart. Real easy school to get into

Connie

You cant beat the Arizona weather. It is amazing. The people are beautiful. It is a great college town, and the Atmopshere of University Ave, and 4th Ave are great.

Everyone is attractive. Very diverse, easy to find find/ people with similar backgrounds

GO TO ARIZONA, and have the time of your life.

No, While greeks love to party, we are very active in the community and get good grades. The greek system has a higher GPA than non-Greeks. Those statistics speak for themselves

Arizona gets a bad rap for being very easy. Classes can be very difficult. My one complaint is the amount of teachers with strong accents. Sometimes it can be very tough to understand my professors.

People think that greeks don't do well in school and just love to party.

Mike

Arizona is a huge school filled with lots of small communities. For example, the greek community is very large but you seem to know someone in every house regardless of size. The only thing I would change about the greek community, which is the best part of the school in my opinion is that it would be bigger and the houses would interact with eachother more often.

the school is full of small cliques, which once you've found yours is awesome. At first its tough to find a group of people that you fit in well with because of the mere size of the school, but it gets easier as you go through rush and what not. With the exception of athletes, who are all douches, everyone is pretty friendly.

The party part is true but depending on your major the classes can be extremely difficult and some honors sections make classes alot harder.

I know my professors names and most of them know mine with the exception of some of my huge lecture classes, but even with those i know the TAs that lead the smaller discussion sections. The gen ed classes seem boring in description but they actually are extremely interesting and are some of the better classes I've taken so far. The english and math departments are terrible here though.

Theres only one word to describe the social life at arizona: greek. Greek life is the party life and this school parties harder than any other.

They like to party alot and its an easy school to get into and to get through classes.

Betty

The best thing about Arizona is that anyone can learn and flourish in the field they love. The campus town in amazing! All the stores and venders are very friendly and helpful and cater to your needs. It's very easy to get to the campus from the airport because the airport is never crowded and you can always get a cab or shuttle. The school pride is spectacular! Everyone wears U of A gear and goes to all sport games. There is always someone to go to games with and its very easy to make friends.

I think there is something for everyone at U of A and everyone is very open to all opinions. The campus is very liberal. Most students are from Phoenix and other parts of Arizona.

U of A is perfect and I have everything I need.

No. All universities have parties and all universities are party schools. I believe the U of A does the same amount of partying as any school its size. Classes at U of A are hard. Students do need to study a lot. The Eller College of Business, Nursing/ Med School, and College of Education are nationally ranked. There are amazing educational programs at U of A.

Some classes are large lectures but have small discussion classes on days later in the week. Most of the classes you take are less then 25 students. Students study a lot and it is a smart idea to go to office hours because the teacher will answer any questions you have and help with homework and studying for tests.

Some dorms are more social then others but most of them are social and willing to meet new people. A lot of people are still friends with their friends from high school. Especially if they are from Phoenix. Every year there is Homecoming and Spring Fling and sororities and fraternities are a big part of campus and is very competitive.

Arizona is only a party school and the students are not intelligent. All the students drink heavily and do drugs. The classes are so easy and you never need to study for them. That is why the students party so much; because they don't need to study. Attending U of A is always a back up school.

Michelle

I love the size of the University of Arizona. I find it exciting that every day you could walk to class the same way and never see the same people. You meet so many interesting people who can teach you a lot. I grew up on the north side of Tucson and didn't spend time around campus. It is a completely different atmosphere than anywhere else in Tucson. People here are very friendly, and also very individual. I have not had any big problems with the academics part of school. I must say that the math department at the University of Arizona is horrible, but thats my only complaint. It seems that everybody here has outstanding school pride! Our football and basketball games are always packed with students, and at these games is where I have made some of the greatest memories!

Arizona is pretty diverse. While the majority of the people who go here are white, there is a good percentage of Hispanic, African American, Asain, and other cultures too. I feel that almost any student could make U of A a home. Class is very relaxed and students usually wear shorts and a shirt, due to the fact that is HOT here most of the year. Students are from all over the world. Lots of students are from Arizona and Califonia.

I would say that most students do spend some amount of time partying, but most likely not to the degree of what "outsiders" may think.

Academics here are generally great! I greatly enjoy all of the science classes! The general education classes are great too. I hate the math department, very few of the teachers speak Englis well. Most students that I have classes with are planning on going on to graduate school, which causes a competitive environment. I like this because it challenges me to do good. The professors are, for the most part, good. In big lecctures it is hard to get personal with he students, but most professors do what they can.

The Greek community at U of A is very strong. Athletic events are extremely popular, our student sections are always full! We have a great live theater, as well as a movie theater right on campus. The dating scene is very fun, as there is a lot to do on and around campus. Some activities I enjoy are bowling, going to the movies, going camping, rock climbing and swimming just to name a few.

Arizona is an absolutely amazing school. It provides a great education as well as countless extracurricular opportunities. We are known as one of the largest "party" schools in the nation, so it could be assumed that a stereotype of the students is that we party a lot.

Dianne

University of Arizona has a lot of school pride. It's definitely a college atmosphere and I believe that going here has given me the best experience of 'college life'. The Greek life here is wonderful and the students are very centrally involved with the campus. I love U of A!

The student body is very diverse. There are always different rallies or talks going on around campus everyday.

Yes, we may throw a lot of parties, but we also work hard too. It's the work hard, play hard mentality.

The professors for the most part are very willing to help students who go to their office hours. U of A offers a diverse selection of classes to choose from.

We have a wonderful rec center that a lot of people go to exercise at everyday. Weekends usually consist of partying, we have a lot of those. However the library is always filled with students on the weekdays. Also there are always hiking trails that people go on.

Christina

There are a lot of great things about U of A. The greek life is AMAZING, everyone knows everyone and it's a great source of networking and connections. The school also has a great campus. Not being a commuter school has it's advantages as well, it allows closer bonds to form and more of a community to develop.

Our student body is very close. I know someone on the executive board and they all seem to really enjoy one another and work well as a team.

The Arizona stereotypes are (that it's hot and unsafe) although it's unsafe pretty much anywhere.

I'm not gonna lie, most of the professors I've had haven't been that great. I used to be a Physiology major and therefore took all the science lectures. The science teachers are not at U of A to teach, they are at U of A to research, teaching is just part of their requirement to research, since U of A is one of the top schools for research. I've had multiple sources (counselors included) telling me to take certain classes outside of U of A because of the teachers. However, I've heard that once you get into the upper divisions that are part of your major things change.

The social life is amazing. There is always something going on and something to do, even if it's just having a movie night. There is never a dull moment at this university.

It's hot (although that's true), the town of Tucson is really unsafe and trashy. Arizona students are students that can't get into school anywhere else.

Jesse

tucson sucks but the u of a is the shit

tucson sucks but the u of a is the shit

everyone is jewish or from california

some majors are competitive some are not anyone can finda degree to fit them

greek life is really important for guys not so much for girls. if a guy is not greek he is lame

we work hard and party even harder

University of Arizona administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.