You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend University of Arizona

Additional Loan Options

Fixed  rate loan

Fixed  rate loan

Carson

The best thing about Arizona is the weather, if you are ever really bored, you can just lay out by a pool. I personally would not change a thing, because even thoguh i like the changing of the seasons, ans I love snowboarding, if you feel like seeing that, you can always take an hour drive up to the mountains, but Arizona really has it all. It is a great enviroment to go to school in, and it definitely puts everyone in a better mood. Overall, teachers are very nice, and want to see you succeed, however there are a few teachers that I have had that weren't spectacular, althoguh they were TA's.

Greek life is huge here, but there really isn't much segregation. Of course you are going to find a little bit with a student body of over 30,000, but overall people are really nice here. Most people are just looking to have a good time. The socio-economic class is a little high, even coming form a somewhat wealthy town, I am still amazed by how rich some people are, but even though there are a couple really rich stuck up people, like I previously mentioned, most people are chill and down to earth.

Arizona is a great school, one of the best decision of my life.

Most of these sterotypes for students are not true, at least for the general population of the student body. Mostly everyone is here for school, but most students also know how to have a good time. Of course the weather here is amazing, and is part of the reason most people come here, nothing is better than waking up and not having to throw on 5 layers to go to class in a blizzard. Coming form the northeast, it is a nice to be able to wear sandals every day.

A lot of professors do go out of their way to try to learn everyones name, even in large discussions, and most classes I have taken, participation is more than reccomended.

Greek life is a large percentage of the student body here at the UofA, especially for a guy I would recommend rushing a fraternity. For girls you have mroe options, because girls can get into whatever parties they want. However for guys and girls, greek life is a great way to meet a lot more people, and is also a great way to get involved with the school and the community.

Some sterotypes of UofA students are the we drink way too much, and every night of the week, that the school is a non stop party and no one ever goes to class because they are too hungover. Some stereotypes for Arizona in general is that its a beautiful school, where the weather is amazing all the time.

Stephen

It's a big school but doesn't have that feeling at all. Joining a fraternity/ sorority is a good idea because it helps get socially connected right away, but it is not at all necessary. The campus is beautiful and easy to get around. The house parties and fraternity parties are more for underclassmen, as the bar scene is more upperclassmen. Sports teams have been lacking on the win category, but basketball and football games are always a lot of fun to go to.

Being from the midwest I have learned that the people out here are a lot different. I have grown to really like the students now, but as a freshman male it was quite a drastic change. The values of midwestern guys are a lot different from most east coast and west coast guys.

No. The weather is nice, but you get used to it

As a psychology major I have taken criticism for going to the U of A and for being a psych major. I have learned that both of these stereotypes are incorrect though as many of my upper division class are extremely difficult. Majority of the big lectures have usually 3-4 tests and maybe a paper or two throughout the semester. Because of this structure, I think the biggest thing I learned was to know when these are coming up and make sure to prepare in advance for these bigger assignments/ tests. I do not typically meet with professors outside of class, although the one class I did it was extremely beneficial, so I would definitely recommend it.

That it is so hard to go to class because the weather is so nice. Horrible academics. Everyone just parties. You have to be in greek life.

Ryan

Living and going to school in a paradise is heaven. There is work, yes, and it can be very challenging sometimes. You just have to manage your time wisely.

We have so much diversity. Any race, color, religion, we have it. It gives a lot of chance to learn about different customs, yet at the same time join together for Arizona pride.

Not at all. There is a lot of variety here.

If I'm awake at 2am on a Tuesday I am either studying for a test or up watching seinfeld. Parties are HUGE here. Every weekend there's something big going on, I love it.

Rich, stereotypical, and not very smart.

Maggie

I love Arizona. The school is large, but I enjoy that. The campus is beautiful. I would say there is a lot of school pride. Arizona has a traditional college feel to it. There are many opportunities and resources, i.e networking.

There is usually always someone from a religious, or racial group trying to get your opinion via interview while walking to class. I am asked almost everyday if I have time to talk about religion, the environment, politics, or gay rights. Arizona is quite diverse when it comes to religion/race/politics, etc. The student body government is very strong, and most students take the time to vote and have a voice in their election. You can find an on campus organization for anything you can think of. Any type of religion, all political parties, and all sexual orientations. Most students at UA are from AZ and West coast. Good amount from east coast states as well. All finacial backgrounds are prevalent.

Somewhat. There are is a very large percentage of students in Greek Life, however there are also many who are not Greek, and are invlolved in many clubs and organizations around campus. There is something for everyone.

I am a psych. major - along with about 50% of the University. The major is huge - and the department could use a lot more staff. Registration for classes, and class availability is very difficult. In my opinion, students are always studying. Atleast I know I am. I have the option of getting to know my professor in each one of my classes, so do all the students - it is up to them whether or not they take the opportunity to get to know them. The classes the psych. dept. offers are very interesting. I will be taking a violence and youth class next semester I am looking forward to. My abnormal psych teacher is very intelligent/experienced - a very well known expert in many fields. Having a teacher who has the option to have a real carreer as an expert psychologist, and instead chooses to teach - is rewarding, I think. I think Arizona's Academics are strong - I would say most people feel this way about Arizona, including and non-students.

most popular organizations on campus are greek. That includes multicultural, honors, and pre-law, med, vet, etc. fraternaties and sororities. There are a lot of non-greek affiliated honoraries. ASUA - big organization on campus Dorm life is huge - we can an insane amout of people who live on campus. Most dorms are clustered together - and the students interact with other dorms. Partying at the UA is very popular. I would majority of the students go out on the weekends to parties or events. Lots drink - but not all. In my 3 years at the UA I have not seen drugs as an issue at school ever. Obviously, people do them, but it is not a commong thing for students at all. Homecoming is a huge traditional event. As well as spring Fling. UA is known for annual events the whole school participats in. Sporting events are big and well attended.

Everyone is in Greek life, and being greek is the only way to socialize.

Arizona is filled with school spirit and sporting events are a big part of college life. Greek life which im apart of is one of the best things i couldve done at U of A. Being in my sorority has given me amazing friendships and is a home away from home. The campus is very beautiful and well taken care of. Tucson is not the best city but there are some areas that are very nice. There is always something going on and its very easy to find something to do. The only concern is that recently there has been alot of vandalism around tucson and one of my sisters was held at gun point in front of our sorority house. At arizona there are alot of attractive people and we have a reputation for partying alot, which is true. Overall Arizona has been everything i couldve imagined in a college and i would not go to any other school.

For the most part Greek life is not very diverse but outside of Greek life there is alot of racial and religious differences. I believe that anyone could find a club about their interests or religions. I would say that everyone interacts with others and I have not personally heard of any recent conflicts with race, gender, or religion. Most U of A students are from Arizona, California, and Illinois. Most student I know come from average to above average income families but I know that there is a good diversity on campus. Student are active in politics and there are always tents on the mall representing different groups and trying to get kids involved in their government.

For the most part Arizona has average academics. Getting my minor in buisness i was able to see how competetive that school is. It is very difficult to get into a specific major and everyone is trying to get the best grade possible. Everyone i know studies every day. In my sorority we pride ourselves in having the highest GPA on campus and we all do our part to keep that. Im also apart of the honors program and taking honors classes i can see an obvious difference becuase teachers are alot more personal and really care about each student suceeding in their course. For the most part, all of the General Education classes are not too difficult and I have walked away with basic backround information.

On campus im involved in greek life. Im a member of Chi Omega and my sorority is the main way I have met all my friends. Freshman year I met some of my best friends in my hall and we have stayed friends through Greek Life. Sports teams are very prodominent and popular. In Greek Life is where alot of the partying takes place becuase on campus at any given night you can find a Fraternity that is throwing some sort of party. Some people could party 5 nights a week but on average i would say most people go out at least 2 nights a week. This previous weekend my sorority hosted a date dash so me and my friends attended that and then I went and hung out with my boyfriend who is an old member of a Fraternity. Overall there is always someone to go out with and someone to stay in with.

They drink and party alot and are for the most part are all attractive and overly tan. Greek life is all about partying and looking good. Good buisness school and science department.

Kendall

the school is amazing i love the lay out and how beautiful the campus is. i'd probably not change much, but give us more three day weekends.

there is a lot of sway towards mexicans. i'm in a class about latino portrayal in media and pop culture and they spin everything so it sounds negative. they said that sesame street was racist. come on.

some are! some of the people here are way too spoiled and don't have any clue what it's like to be in the real world.

the math department here sucks. i took it at pima with a professor who teaches at the U of A but the way the course is set up it makes it easier to succeed if you are working hard.

there is always a lot of stuff going on i love the activities that asua comes up with.

they party hard, do coke but not as much as asu. they're stupid, major in communications and other things just to get by because their rich parents will set them up with a job.

Scott

Fun school. Very big, people are enthusiastic about athletic teams. Not too hard of classes depending on what you want to do. Good weather, big greek life.

Classes vary in size, lots of big lectures and then some smaller discussion groups. Flexible about switching between majors. Good study environment at the library if you need it.

Greek life is huge. Lots of partying, people are for the most part outgoing and willing to hang out. Football games are huge, baseball and basketball are also popular.

Not very smart. Real easy school to get into

Connie

You cant beat the Arizona weather. It is amazing. The people are beautiful. It is a great college town, and the Atmopshere of University Ave, and 4th Ave are great.

Everyone is attractive. Very diverse, easy to find find/ people with similar backgrounds

GO TO ARIZONA, and have the time of your life.

No, While greeks love to party, we are very active in the community and get good grades. The greek system has a higher GPA than non-Greeks. Those statistics speak for themselves

Arizona gets a bad rap for being very easy. Classes can be very difficult. My one complaint is the amount of teachers with strong accents. Sometimes it can be very tough to understand my professors.

People think that greeks don't do well in school and just love to party.

Mike

Arizona is a huge school filled with lots of small communities. For example, the greek community is very large but you seem to know someone in every house regardless of size. The only thing I would change about the greek community, which is the best part of the school in my opinion is that it would be bigger and the houses would interact with eachother more often.

the school is full of small cliques, which once you've found yours is awesome. At first its tough to find a group of people that you fit in well with because of the mere size of the school, but it gets easier as you go through rush and what not. With the exception of athletes, who are all douches, everyone is pretty friendly.

The party part is true but depending on your major the classes can be extremely difficult and some honors sections make classes alot harder.

I know my professors names and most of them know mine with the exception of some of my huge lecture classes, but even with those i know the TAs that lead the smaller discussion sections. The gen ed classes seem boring in description but they actually are extremely interesting and are some of the better classes I've taken so far. The english and math departments are terrible here though.

Theres only one word to describe the social life at arizona: greek. Greek life is the party life and this school parties harder than any other.

They like to party alot and its an easy school to get into and to get through classes.

Betty

The best thing about Arizona is that anyone can learn and flourish in the field they love. The campus town in amazing! All the stores and venders are very friendly and helpful and cater to your needs. It's very easy to get to the campus from the airport because the airport is never crowded and you can always get a cab or shuttle. The school pride is spectacular! Everyone wears U of A gear and goes to all sport games. There is always someone to go to games with and its very easy to make friends.

I think there is something for everyone at U of A and everyone is very open to all opinions. The campus is very liberal. Most students are from Phoenix and other parts of Arizona.

U of A is perfect and I have everything I need.

No. All universities have parties and all universities are party schools. I believe the U of A does the same amount of partying as any school its size. Classes at U of A are hard. Students do need to study a lot. The Eller College of Business, Nursing/ Med School, and College of Education are nationally ranked. There are amazing educational programs at U of A.

Some classes are large lectures but have small discussion classes on days later in the week. Most of the classes you take are less then 25 students. Students study a lot and it is a smart idea to go to office hours because the teacher will answer any questions you have and help with homework and studying for tests.

Some dorms are more social then others but most of them are social and willing to meet new people. A lot of people are still friends with their friends from high school. Especially if they are from Phoenix. Every year there is Homecoming and Spring Fling and sororities and fraternities are a big part of campus and is very competitive.

Arizona is only a party school and the students are not intelligent. All the students drink heavily and do drugs. The classes are so easy and you never need to study for them. That is why the students party so much; because they don't need to study. Attending U of A is always a back up school.

University of Arizona administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.