Cincinnati, OH
University of Cincinnati-Main Campus

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend University of Cincinnati-Main Campus

Ryan

My classmates are a diverse mix of individuals relative to race, background, income levels, and motivation.

The unique thing about the University of Cincinnati is that I instantly felt a part of something bigger when I got there. The other schools I considered were Case Western Reserve University and Boston University. Both had different atmospheres and I do not think I would feel the same way. I became involved right away and I developed a pride for the University of Cincinnati that would not have occurred had I went to Boston Univeristy or Case Western.

The advice I would give parents and/or students about finding the right college is the same thing my father told me when I chose the University of Cincinnati. This is going to be the place they spend the next four years of their life. Therefore, they need to find a university that they can be proud of and excited to attend. While academic programs and reputation is extremely important, a student must feel comfortable and excited about the university. As a result of choosing a university that you can be proud of, you will get the most out of your college experience. A student will be more likely to get involved in groups that make the university a better place. By getting involved due to this spirit, the student will maximize the potential for a great experience at their respective university.

Valerie

In order to find the right campus, I think that you should visit ahead of time with friends on a weekend night. Check out the environment and see how well that matches what you always thought school would be like. Viisit a nearby sports bar to check out a game and see what the people are like. And in making the most of the college experience, the biggest piece of advice that I would give is to venture away from campus- often. If you live in a dorm or on campus housing, your life will get in the biggest rut if all you do is stay around the same place with the same people all the time. Have more than one group of friends. It's important to have party friends for the weekends, but also make some friends from within your classes to study with and stay out of trouble.

The main social network that occurs amongst freshman that live in dorms are parties every night of the week. Sometimes it felt like you had to go or else your friends would replace you with someone else. It doesn't matter who you were in high school or what you look like. People choose to be friends with people who have the same interests and it is very easy to make new friends.

While the campus tries its best, it is not very handicap accessible. Most classes are too spread apart and the terrain is mostly stairs between buildings.

Matthew

Ask older people you know about their experiences, but don't get tied into the school that everybody goes to just because it's close to you (the University of Tennessee is that school for, well, my whole state!). UT would have been a poor choice for me, for my major, because while I would have gotten much more money to go there, I would be closer to all my friends (including my fiance), and my work load would be lighter, UT's music school can't hold a candle to UC's. Going to the College-Conservatory of Music at UC is going to pay off greatly for me when I look for graduate and doctorate schools, and it is making me into a much greater musician than I could have possibly hoped to be. Basically, do your research. Find the school that fits what YOU want to major in and not where every one else is going.

The amount of work being a music student at the College-Conservatory of Music required. 8 hours of practice a day adds up, but it is worth it in the end.

Academic planning. It was only until this year that I got a clear this-is-what-you-need-to-sign-up-for form. That and the fact that UC Tech has no idea what it is doing when it comes to computers and the internet.

Jaclyn

UC is just about the best school I could have picked because I hate being the center of attention and a school as big and as diverse as UC offers that.

Most classmates are nice and willing to help anyone that asks for it, although a few others can be too competitive to help, but even those are mostly nice to their classmates.

The advice I would give students about finding the right college is to simply go with your gut. Just choose the school that offers what you want. If it's not the right college for you, it's not the end of the world; you can always transfer, but you will never know how it's going to turn out if you don't try it. My advice about making the most of college involves two key points: balance and building relationships. I think balance is very important in life, especially during college because if you work all the time, you will eventually get burnt out. That leads me to the second key, building relationships. Relationships not only have the potential to be beneficial in the work field after college, but are also so important to a person's mental health. Make friends and have fun because although school is your main priority, everyone has to let their hair down and have fun too. Also, build relationships with your faculty; after all they have been through it all before and have some really good advice for their students. Parents, let your child make their decisions, but offer suggestions and help.

Melissa

Start looking early, weigh all your options, pay attention to financial cost, look for well established programs in your fiel...

Start looking early, weigh all your options, pay attention to financial cost, look for well established programs in your field

I wish I had known how much more money you spend outside of what is covered under tuition such as books, housing repairs, etc.

I love that everything I need is so close to campus. It is easy to walk to everything.

Shane

Find a college that best fits your social, academic, and aesthetic needs. Do not let the size of your school hold you back from attending. Studying and work should alwatys come first regardless of your desires to go out. Work is only temporary and is vital to your future as a successful U.S. citizen. Put God, friends, and family before yourself at all times. A selfless person will be rewarded. You will do great and don't forget to go above and beyond to reach your dreams!

Start looking early so you have plenty of options. Once you find the right school for you enter with a positive attitude and an open outlook on anything or anyone you might encounter.

The neighborhood surrounding the campus.

Anyone who has no school spirit, or is conservative, or not open to diversity.

Caitlin

It's a medium-sized university which offers the city life as well as many opporutnities you wouldn't recieve elsewhere.

Find a college or university which is right for you. Don't make your final decision based upon where your friends are going or because it's where your parents want you to go. Choose a college in which you will fully benefit from. Yes, your friends and family are important, but remember this is your life and your experience. Therefore, choose an insitituion in which you will prosper, where you will make lifetime friends with people you wouldn't expect, where you will be introduced to things you never would have otherwise, where the professors and advisors make you their priority, and most importantly where you will receieve academic challenges and opportunities you wouldn't recieve elsewhere. Choose a school for you.

To not let the cost bother you, you can't put a price on an education or experience.

Courtney

Very judgemental towards other people who do not fall into their "Catagory" of people.

Coming out of High School I was always forced to have a my life planned out. I needed a college picked out and what my degree would have to be in by my senior year of high school. I started at Kent State University and decided that it was not the right college for me; so i moved onto the University of Cincinnati. I then realized that its not the end of the world if you transfer and are not sure what you want to do with your life, yes it is a pain in the butt to transfer but If I can get through it then anyone can. So my advice it to sit back and enjoy the ride, its called life!

The best thing about my school would be the professors. Most are very interesting and down to earth. Most of them are very easy to listen too and you feel like your opinion is worth something.

Joy

I would tell parents and/or students that the best way to ensure your making the right decision when picking a college is to go on a college campus visit. Visiting a college really gives you sense of how the campus is layed out, what the dorms and buildings look like, and it also gives you a chance to meet some of the administration. Unfortunately, I never went on a college visit before I made my decision to go to Bowling Green State University. I feel that if I had the oppurtunity to visit the campus before I had made the decision I would not have made the decision to go to school there.

The most frusrating thing about UC is the part of town that it is in. It is not safe for less than 4 people to be walking anywhere at night, and a girl should really never walk anywhere by herself during the day. There is also a lot of crime and with UC being in the middle of the city it sometimes seems dirty. There are also a lot of homeless people around the campus.

UC is a very fun school to go to. The education is great and so are the people. I have nothing to complain about when I talk about UC. Professors are helpful and classes are just the right size. I also tell my friends how close everything is at the UC Main campus.

University of Cincinnati-Main Campus administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.