Omaha, NE
University of Nebraska at Omaha

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend University of Nebraska at Omaha

Ana
UNO

I really like how it feels like home.

UNO

I really like how it feels like home.

Hilary
Great School with lots of Opportunity

Great School with lots of Opportunity

I loved my experience at the University of Nebraska at Omaha. The school has experienced rapid growth over the past few years, but they keep increasing the amount of student services, and extracurricular activities available. There seems to always be something to do on campus, you just have to go check it out. The student body is fairly diverse, as the school has a strong international students/exchange program, and it is in the biggest city of Nebraska. On campus housing is beautiful and affordable--all apartment style so you can cook your own food rather than buying an expensive meal plan. As the school becomes more populated, housing is much more competitive to get a spot, but there is a lot of affordable apartments/houses to rent in the nearby area. Parking is very expensive, and a challenge, but that seems to be the case at most schools. There's a lot to do in the Omaha area, but I definitely wouldn't call UNO a party school, maybe I just didn't know the party people.

Savanna
A New Experience: the good and bad

A New Experience: the good and bad

I generally thought I'd always attend a realatively large college, however, UNO seems to be the perfect match. It's not too big or small, the proffesors have a lot of experience and there are a plethora of opportunities for students to get internships, jobs or mentors in general,due to the proximity to the city and one of the best hospitals in the nation. The environment is very friendly and the campus is easily maneuverable. There are clubs for everyone and the entire campus loves to get involved whether it's to raise awareness or cheer on the Maverick hockey team. Overall, I loved my first year, and I'm glad I chose UNO. It has helped me grow as a person and has given me priceless network connections.

Shelby
Best Place to be.

Dorm rooms are amazing and the campus is such a beautiful place.

Best Place to be.

Dorm rooms are amazing and the campus is such a beautiful place.

Gardenia

A University that offers something for everyone.

A University that offers something for everyone.

Uno provides a great overall experience for any individual. I particularly like the pride students have and the loyalty that comes with the community within the University. It provides not only a wide range of academic programs but it also enables a student to grow as individuals.

daniel

I'd say to my higschool self; Attend every class, every lecture. Also forget about others opinons on yourself, everyone in college is there to learn not to judge. Another thing would be, time management is very important, focus more on homework and studying, than work or partying. Answers to tests and quizzes are not spoon fed to you like they were in highschool.

Someone who is not outgoing and not willing to take the time to go to class and fully comprehend their classes.

Everyone there is friendly, and it has a reletively small campus that is easy to navigate.

Kristine

A very diverse and friendly school, where you can get a good education in almost any field.

The very first thing I would tell myself is to calm down, because it’s not the end of the world that you didn’t get into your dream college right away. Take this opportunity to save and fill out scholarships so as to later afford the school you want. Also, there are benefits to staying in Nebraska. You will get to better plan your life and how to achieve your goals. The biggest thing that came out of staying in Nebraska is that your best friend in the whole world will need you in a couple years and if you moved away she would be in poor house. Consider the blessings you have and how you can help her out because she will need it within two years. My last piece of advice is when life gets rough in college sit back, relax, watch a movie or a Friends episode because it will work out. You’re smart, creative and can work through any project put on your shoulders. P.S. Summer of 2014 will be a great summer to be in school!

The University of Nebraska at Omaha offers a high quality education at a very reasonable tuition rate. I was completely satisfied with the faculty, the programs offered, and the education I received. UNO also has great partnerships with local businesses. During my MBA studies, I participated in a Graduate Assistant program working at a local corporation that offered real world experience and led to a full time job after graduation.

Dear Jenny, As an older version of you, I have greater knowledge and life experience. I'd like to offer you this bit of advice. Don't be afraid to take chances. Go to the more expensive out of state school that's located in the city you've always dreamed of living in. It's much easier to move as a college student, than to wait until you have a family. And please chose a major wisely and stick to it. This will save you lots of heartache, time and money over the long run. Last, but not least, make sure to form lasting connections during your college career. Those connections just may prove to be more important than your grade point average. Best wishes to you. Love, Jennifer (your older self)

The University of Nebraska at Omaha is mostly a commuting school with very few dorms on campus. Therefore, I found it difficult to get involved in activities and to have the full college experience during my undergrad studies.

Kelsey

If I could go back to my senior year, I would advise myself to follow the exact same path I chose. I have no regrets from attending the university that I did. I made numerous amounts of friends, was given leadership positions, and was taught the value of volunteering. I made the most of my college experience and still have great connections through the university. The one piece of advice I would give myself would be to take out less loans and apply for more scholarships. As a freshman you underestimate the toll of student loans, but as a senior, student loans are one of the top things that are constantly on my mind. I appreciate my college education and am forever thankful for everyone who helped me along my journey.

The kind of person that shouldn't attend UNO is one that wants to meet new people, but doesn't want to join an organization. You have to join a campus organization to make good friends because most people commute to campus.

The limits are endless at UNO. There are so many social clubs, endless majors, and the campus does their best to do exciting FREE stuff throughout the semester. I have had a blast at UNO and would recommend it to someone especially because you get so much fun and education for the affordable tuition you pay to attend. This is a great first year school to get the basics done even if you are unsure what future job you would like. It's a great place to find yourself and discover what you are good at.

Phillemon

My School is best known for it's Mavrick team and Huskers club.

My School is best known for it's Mavrick team and Huskers club.

My advice is everthing is easy if you work hard from now on. Otherwise, it's not good to feel high heat when you reach to college. Plan now and you will be fruitfull throughout your college life.

University of Nebraska at Omaha administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.