Omaha, NE
University of Nebraska at Omaha

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend University of Nebraska at Omaha

Shelby
Best Place to be.

Dorm rooms are amazing and the campus is such a beautiful place.

Best Place to be.

Dorm rooms are amazing and the campus is such a beautiful place.

Gardenia

A University that offers something for everyone.

A University that offers something for everyone.

Uno provides a great overall experience for any individual. I particularly like the pride students have and the loyalty that comes with the community within the University. It provides not only a wide range of academic programs but it also enables a student to grow as individuals.

daniel

I'd say to my higschool self; Attend every class, every lecture. Also forget about others opinons on yourself, everyone in college is there to learn not to judge. Another thing would be, time management is very important, focus more on homework and studying, than work or partying. Answers to tests and quizzes are not spoon fed to you like they were in highschool.

Someone who is not outgoing and not willing to take the time to go to class and fully comprehend their classes.

Everyone there is friendly, and it has a reletively small campus that is easy to navigate.

Kristine

A very diverse and friendly school, where you can get a good education in almost any field.

The very first thing I would tell myself is to calm down, because it’s not the end of the world that you didn’t get into your dream college right away. Take this opportunity to save and fill out scholarships so as to later afford the school you want. Also, there are benefits to staying in Nebraska. You will get to better plan your life and how to achieve your goals. The biggest thing that came out of staying in Nebraska is that your best friend in the whole world will need you in a couple years and if you moved away she would be in poor house. Consider the blessings you have and how you can help her out because she will need it within two years. My last piece of advice is when life gets rough in college sit back, relax, watch a movie or a Friends episode because it will work out. You’re smart, creative and can work through any project put on your shoulders. P.S. Summer of 2014 will be a great summer to be in school!

The University of Nebraska at Omaha offers a high quality education at a very reasonable tuition rate. I was completely satisfied with the faculty, the programs offered, and the education I received. UNO also has great partnerships with local businesses. During my MBA studies, I participated in a Graduate Assistant program working at a local corporation that offered real world experience and led to a full time job after graduation.

Dear Jenny, As an older version of you, I have greater knowledge and life experience. I'd like to offer you this bit of advice. Don't be afraid to take chances. Go to the more expensive out of state school that's located in the city you've always dreamed of living in. It's much easier to move as a college student, than to wait until you have a family. And please chose a major wisely and stick to it. This will save you lots of heartache, time and money over the long run. Last, but not least, make sure to form lasting connections during your college career. Those connections just may prove to be more important than your grade point average. Best wishes to you. Love, Jennifer (your older self)

The University of Nebraska at Omaha is mostly a commuting school with very few dorms on campus. Therefore, I found it difficult to get involved in activities and to have the full college experience during my undergrad studies.

Kelsey

If I could go back to my senior year, I would advise myself to follow the exact same path I chose. I have no regrets from attending the university that I did. I made numerous amounts of friends, was given leadership positions, and was taught the value of volunteering. I made the most of my college experience and still have great connections through the university. The one piece of advice I would give myself would be to take out less loans and apply for more scholarships. As a freshman you underestimate the toll of student loans, but as a senior, student loans are one of the top things that are constantly on my mind. I appreciate my college education and am forever thankful for everyone who helped me along my journey.

The kind of person that shouldn't attend UNO is one that wants to meet new people, but doesn't want to join an organization. You have to join a campus organization to make good friends because most people commute to campus.

The limits are endless at UNO. There are so many social clubs, endless majors, and the campus does their best to do exciting FREE stuff throughout the semester. I have had a blast at UNO and would recommend it to someone especially because you get so much fun and education for the affordable tuition you pay to attend. This is a great first year school to get the basics done even if you are unsure what future job you would like. It's a great place to find yourself and discover what you are good at.

Phillemon

My School is best known for it's Mavrick team and Huskers club.

My School is best known for it's Mavrick team and Huskers club.

My advice is everthing is easy if you work hard from now on. Otherwise, it's not good to feel high heat when you reach to college. Plan now and you will be fruitfull throughout your college life.

Jordan

My advice to myself is this: You are doing the best you can with everything. In college everything becomes much easier. You still need to keep looking for scholarships because everything is very expensive. You also need to have more fun. Try and hang out with your friends more. Your new roomates will be nice and you need to talk to them more! My biggest advice to you is that you need to relax and enjoy yourself. Relax and enjoy your last year of highschool. You deserve to enjoy it.

The school is amazing in general. The best thing about the school is the teachers. They are very freindly and they care about the students. They will create a personally relationship with every student and they will talk to you and help you if you need it.

The worst thing about my school is the cost, but every school is going to be expensive so theres really no difference.

Caitlin

I love that my college is located in a bigger city so I can expired the city life along with college life. My classes are smaller so I'm not just a number in my classes. The campus loves to be a green campus by recycling, planting many trees, and being eco-friendly. My favorite part is the dorms because every single dorm is apartment style with four bedrooms, two bathrooms, and a kitchen and living room.

I would tell my high school self as a senior is to get more motivated and try hard with grades. I was super involved in school with extra ciricular like dance team, speech, choir, drama and cheerleading and didn't focus on schoolwork. School was hard for me to focus on and I really wish I would have tried harder to get better grades. At the time I didn't care but looking back now I wish I did.

I think any type of person would enjoy this school. You can make it as big or small as you want depending on if you want to really jump into the whole college expirence.

BreAnna

My classmates are a diverse group of people who enjoy interacting with one another as a way to understand how others think, while also expressing their own opinions on several topics discussed in class.

If I could go back in time and talk to myself as a high school senior, I would have told myself to take appyling for scholarships for college more seriously because I have to constanly worry about how I am going to pay for school year after year. Even though I applied for some scholarships as a high school senior, I did not apply for enough to avoid a financial burden that I am dealing with now. I ended up getting 4 out of the 14 that I applied for, however I still had to take out a loan which was my worst fear. That is the most important thing I would advise myself because I realized that federal loans are temporary financial aid, that will have to eventually be paid back once you graduate college. It gets even more difficult to search for financial aid once you are in college so applying for as much as you can while in high school is very imperative. Another piece of advice I would give myself is to develop the best study method that works because it will come in handy when studying for exams. I found notecards to be very helpful.

Before I had came to the University of Nebraska Omaha, I wish I would have known about scholarship opportunities for students who are akready attending college and not just learning about the ones offered to high school graduates.

University of Nebraska at Omaha administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.