Redlands, CA
University of Redlands

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend University of Redlands

Additional Loan Options

Fixed  rate loan

Fixed  rate loan

Alexa

I have learned so much in such little time. I have taken classes in subjects I never had really explored, like Archaeology, and you never know how it will affect you. That class led me to a Sociology/Anthropology minor. College has also given me relationships to such amazing people, and I know the experience I have here will carry out of the classroom and affect me for the rest of my life. I now know how to budget my money, and college has really taught me the importance of an education, as well as shaped me into an adult.

I wish I had known exactly what to expect with dorm life, because I knew what to expect scholastically. However, I do not think a lot of students realize what a huge change it will be to go from a home to a dorm.

A person who actually likes to learn, and is willing to talk, participate, and read will enjoy the school. The classes are challenging, but I throughly enjoy the classes. The school attracts both student-athletes and free-spirits, and people who like to know most of their classmates and teachers will like this school. You form a lot of close relationships, it is a very tight-knit atmosphere.

Nicholas

Besides continuing my education and helping me decide on and prepare for a career, the college experience has been a great transition from living at home in high school to being independant when I graduate from college. Whether living in dorms or apartments, having to live with a roommate and manage your time and activities helps prepare for life after school. Living on your own in college you must depend mostly on yourself, but because you are still in school there is enough support to help when you are having trouble. I think the process of going from dorms as a freshman and sophomore, to an apartment as a junior has helped me develop more independance and self-reliance at a steady and appropriate pace. I find myself much more mature and have no doubt that once I have graduated from college I will be more prepared for living on my own than I would have been if I had not attended college.

The class sizes are great because there are usually about 25 students in each class. This allows for a closer relationship with teachers, which means teachers can help you in the areas where you are having trouble more easily because they have enough time to get to know each student individually. The small class size also allows for discussions amongst students and makes it easier for questions to be asked and answered in class.

Nydia

Although I have not attended yet, because I am supposed to start Aug. 2. I am very excited to be attending so I can get right into the career I am wanting. I would like to be and will be a paralegal. I have chosen this profession due to my past and what I have seen. I would like to make a difference instead of becoming apart of the problem, I want to help others as much as I can and if you grant me with this money I would be more than appreciative and you will definitely not be let down or questioning how your money is being spent due to whatever grants or scholarships I receive go to my "account" that the school holds. I am not so sure of how to explain it, but if you want to you can contact the school I am going to. I am not sure of the number, but it is Santa barbara business college although it is the ventura,ca campus for paralegals.

allie

I've learned a lot about being able to manage my time properly. through my school I have been able to take trips abroad to Africa and the Balkans to learn about genocide reconciliation. These trips have changed the way I understand the world, I see the world in terms of humanity, not in terms of nationality, ethnicity, religion or class. The experiences I have had in other countries have been invaluable to my life and learning proccess.

Dakota

College are not only the best days of your life but also the most valuable and memorable. I have gotten so many things out of my experience. I have 40 beautiful sorority sisters that are my best friends and behind me 100% and a great alumnae network. I have gained great communication skills that cant be replaced by any other experience. I have also gained a safe place to be me 100% of the time because of a special retreat I went on my freshmen year I have 83 other people I know I can count on and can always feel safe with for sure. I have gained knowledge and the tools needed to take it to any level I could ever want and the resources to help me get there. Most of all I have gained value of life, people and education, I have learned that passion is what leads people to position; whether it is in their fraternity/sorority or in their persuit to a career. Most valuable is that I learned that while we may be young, we make an impact from every action and decision made on a daily basis, whether positive or negative, we decide.

The worst thing would be that the area surrounding the university is either very rich or very poor so it makes for an interesting off campus life.

I brag about the great professors and the small student to professor ratio as well as the strong feeling of community and the great and diverse amount of clubs and organizations. Also, that there is always a campus event going on so there is no lack of opportunity to meet new people and get involved.

Jesse

Redlands is a very small University which is a great thing. I always know the exact number of students in a class and most if not al of the names of those in my class. The town itself is small so there isn't much to do, but we are only a few hours away from the beach, the moutains, the desert, LA, even Los Vegas if you are willng to drive a bit. There are alwasy people who organize transportaion for off campus events, sports teams, theater, camping, and plenty of other things, all very cheeply and often times completely free.

Moral of the story Redlands is a great school, not perfect, but still worth while. We have great professors, an acessible administration team, and plenty of stuff to do when you have nothing else or are just trying to put off a paper, yes we put off papers.

We have a pretty wide varitey of student sat Redlands. I feel we try to keep an open mind but there will always be deep rooted topic of disagreement. I have had conversations at dinner about upcoming elections, the real meaning of words, or just plans to tan on the quad and study. Most of the students aren;t from the area but we do have our locals, because it is a small school my favorite question to ask people is how they heard about it.

I have yet to meet a professor that doesn;t have tme to help a student, if it's durning office hours, after class or over e-mail they are there to help clarify a lesson or jumpstar an essay or reveiw said essay and help with improvemnts. Of course each class is differnt but other students are usually pretty helpful when you've missed a class or are just looking for a study session. We have recently had a new 24 hour study lounge built under the library that is simply the coolest thing ever. There are comfy couces, tables lots of floor space and private rooms with T.V.s that can be hookes up easily to a laptop for a group study ssession.

I am a member of Alpha Sigma Pi and, though not for everyone, joining a my soroity was a great choice. I didn't make a lot of freinds my first semester, because I was a local so I had people close by to spend time with. So it gave me a chance to connect with the poeple on campus. However some people end up becoming life long friend with there roomates. As far as partying goes there is always something happening on the weekend. With Greek row there will alwasy be someone throwing a party. If Greeks aren't your scene there are always the non-Greek orgainizations who throw a great party too. during the week there are always speakers who come on campus are while they aren;t always great we have had some great poeple come speak to us, my favorite so far is Ben and Jerry, two guys with a great story interesting thoughts and free ice cream, what more could you ask for?

Rick

The best thing about Redlands, I would have to say are the people! I love being able to just walk down the street and have students I don't even know wave at me or stop along the sidewalk on my way to class to catch up with a friend who was abroad the semester before. The people here are really amazing and I love being able to meet new people everyday. If there was something I could change, it would be the amount of free time. I think that we have so many ways that students can get involved that alot of times people can get over involved or students will have less time to hang out simply because it is so easy to get involved. Redlands is definitely not a college town, but with most of our students living on campus (not to mention being about an hour away from everything; the mountians, desert, beach, LA, etc.) the students make campus and the surrounding area feel like a college town. Also, with our trips to various amusement parks, LA to see plays or musicals, or even students who take trips to Las Vegas, it's really an amazing place to be. Even if you aren't on campus, you're still with Redlands students which is the best part of any weekend!!

Redlands really is my home away from home! I love being here, even when there aren't many other students here! The campus and people are beautiful. The relationships you get with friends, significant others, faculty, administration, even grounds crew is amazing; and the academics are something I couldn't ask for anywhere else!

At Redlands, we have all types of groups on campus, like I said, all walks of life. All of my experiences have been great, however, I have heard of of students having lack luster experiences. However, being a student of color and part of the LGBT community, I have felt safe and welcomed on campus. Most Redlands students are from California, though I'm not sure about the So Cal-Nor Cal break down. With that being said, even out-of-state students feel like Redlands really is a home away from home. It's also very difficult to even tell someone is from one place, or another. My best friend is from Las Vegas but he's just like my friends from High School. Students wear anything to class: Pajamas to Hollister, American Express to secondhand store bought clothes. Also, many students wear Target brand clothes, WE LOVE TARGET!

All stereotypes have some accuracy to them, and at Redlands there is no difference. However, the large majority of students here aren't hippies or rich white kids. We really are a diverse campus with people from all walks of life. As for cliques, we have them, but mostly they are people you have dinner with. You can constantly find groups mixing and matching in classes, all school party settings, and even just hanging out on the quad or at the pool. We are ALL Redlands students and we all get along great.

My favorite class was probably the Johnston class called: This is not a course: Satire, Irony, and Parody. It was a great course because it was taught by Sharon Oster and Greg Salyer who are a dynamic duo of awesomeness! That class really brought me to my love for reading and an academic fervor that is insurmountable! With the small classes, it's almost impossible not to participate. If your professor realizes that you haven't said anything, they will often direct questions your way, but not necessarily at you, in order to get your opinion on a class topic. My favorite part about academics at Redlands is that they don't just stay in the class. I often find myself talking about issues outside of class as much as I'm talking about them inside! It's also really fun to walk into a conversation and have it evolve into 4 or 5 other topics before returning to the original one. Professors are the greatest! I love meeting up with them outside of class, not only for academics related things but just to talk! I've had dinner at professors' houses, I've had friends who house sat for professors, but the best is when you ask to meet with them and they buy you lunch!

You don't actually have to join a frat or sorority to be social on campus. Redlands has All School Parties every weekend almost that are amazing themed parties in U-hall. We also have great guest speakers like Ben & Jerry who gave us free Ice Cream! We have great communities inside the halls. We have an un-official open door policy which means if you're just hanging out in your room, or doing homework, leave your door open and people will pop by. I've had 2 hour conversations with people who stand in my doorway the whole time because my door was open. There is always someone awake on campus, you just have to find them! Now, with the 24-hour study space, it's really great for the Night owls and insomniacs to go there and hang out rather than trying to find someone they know who's awake across campus. (There is an unspoken Redlands Tradition that students will run from the Chapel, to the Administration building, and back to the Chapel naked. Called a "Chapel Run". ***I've done a few***)

Alot of people tend to think that Redlands students are just a bunch of hippies, or a bunch of rich white kids who get everything they have from their parents. Many people think that we are very much like high school in that we have "cliques" of people who don't hang out with each other.

Ben

For me the best thing about Redlands is the student life aspect. Most people live on campus and it is really easy to get involved and find something that you are interested in. It seems like there are speakers or events or school of music concerts or sporting events or something almost every night of the week. On the weekends, I love going on day trips with my friends to the beach or mountains or Joshua Tree NP, and usually return to campus in the evenings. Honestly it is so easy to get involved and there are so many options that are open to students.

The campus is beautiful with a lot of trees and grass and wide open spaces and beautiful buildings. The town is quiet and safe. The brand new coffee shop under the library is awesome. The weather is great. Over all i love it here and will be sad to leave in a year.

i think the student body is very diverse, in terms of race, class, economic background, political views, social scene, sexual orientation... everything. If you are looking for something in particular, you'll probably be able to find it. The students are definitely left-leaning, but there is a very vocal conservative minority. I think Redlands is a very casual, relaxed, chill place and the students kinda represent this. Most people, for example, walk around in flip flops, shorts, and a t-shirt.

there definitely are those kinds of people, but i think there are just about every other type of person as well. I think to say that Redlands is mostly a jock or rich kid school is not fair at all

small class sizes, good professors who give you personal attention and are really accessible, good classes that are interesting and challenging. I know all my professors on a first name basis

There are too many clubs and organizations to list. I'm involved in outdoor programs, which leads trips hiking, climbing, skiing and snowboarding, and kayaking, rafting, and more. I'm also involved in community service programs like Big Buddies which is a mentoring program for kids from the community. Both outdoor programs and community service are really strong, important programs on campus. There are frats and sororities, which have parties and such, but I don't go to many of them and I don't think they dominate the social scene at all. There are definitely people who drink and party every single weekend, but there are also lots of people who don't, and I can go to a party or just chill little kick-back and still have fun while not drinking. on nice days (which is almost everyday) you'll see tons of people out on the Quad playing frisbee or sitting in the sun, or at the pool just hanging out.

Alexander

The first two years at the University of Redlands has been a unique experience. Imagine a beautiful exotic campus the size of USC but with a small private school located on it. There have been times when I have not felt socially pleased, such as the first semester of sophmore year. However, I have always had one or two good friends here and there that made us stand out. When it came to everyone else, I was cool with everyone. The social life here was somewhat similar to my last two years in High School; partying. Other than the social life and the unique people I have met from around the country, the education is splendid. The extreme small classes of 10-15 students allows you to receive a lot of individual attention from your professors, almost like a private tutor. In adittion, all the professors are quite diverse and extremely educated. To sum it up, the most valuable experiences from attending the University of Redlands has been the education, the few important friends I have made, and the California culture. Coming from a background of having lived in Europe, Montreal, New York, and PA, California shall be my future.

A person who enjoys a small community. The campus is large and beautiful; however, the student body is very small. Be prepared to see a lot of the same students day to day. The classes are small which is great because of the individual attention one may receive. However, be prepared to hold good social skills since it may be tough at first to make friends and fit in like you once did in High School. There is no peer pressure whatsoever. Overall tight school.

Someone who is looking for a large community, big social life on the weekends, large classes. In addition, someone who prefers to be near the beach. Redlands is located 70 miles inland from Los Angeles.

Cheryl

Through my varied professional and educational experiences, I have learned that, contrary to the wisdom bestowed by my high school guidance counselor, not everyone will follow the same path to adulthood. I first entered college at the tender age of 18, completely overwhelmed and without a sense of where I wanted to be in five, ten, or thirty years. The series of life events triggered by that single hastily made choice ? service in the US Air Force, followed by many years of college while working full time and raising a family - has driven my desire to assist others in reaching their own personal and professional goals. My experience with University of Redlands School of Business has been absolutely outstanding I particularly appreciate the focus placed on the students? own professional experience as a foundation for instruction and learning and the level of commitment to learning older students have. While I have maintained my professional goal of working within human resources and staff development, my classmates and instructors have further inspired me to focus even more on becoming a leader in the adult education community as this segment of higher education is, unfortunately, often overlooked by many institutions.

In addition to the satellite campuses, the University of Redlands also offers a traditional learning experience to first-time college students. Before I enrolled, I never even considered Redlands as a possibility for myself or my children as the private school tuition seemed out of reach for us financially. Since then, however, I have recommended to nearly everyone I know who is considering school for themselves or dependents to look at Redlands. My husband is now enrolled in their undergraduate business adult program, and my friend?s daughter is considering transferring from a Cal State school in the fall.

As an adult learner, I understand how difficult it is to find a college program that fits a working professional?s busy schedule. My search for a University was disappointing as many of the local state schools do not offer classes at a time or location that worked with my schedule. The University of Redlands, School of Business accelerated program for working adults is ideal. Not only is the schedule ideal, the experiences brought to the table by my fellow students greatly enhanced the learning process as many of the concepts discussed could be easily applied to real-world examples.

University of Redlands administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.