University of Redlands Campus Life Reviews

Overall Review for University of Redlands

Warning: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable in /var/www/unigowpnfs/unigo/wp-content/themes/twentynineteen-child/functions.php on line 3765

Alice

I dislike Redlands for many reasons. Students are forced onto an outrageously priced meal plan no matter whether they are staying on or off campus. For example, a hamburger and fries costs about $7 without a drink, and an icecream sandwich can net you $4-6. The campus is racist, with only minorities working the 'dirty' jobs such as ground crews, dish washers, and custodians, while only caucasians are a part of Public Safety. This has lead to minorities being kicked off of the public parts of campus just because they "appear sketchy" when the University is open to the public during the day. Finally, the University is outrageously priced (around $60k a year), and the financial aid office is uncaring as to how this affects you. If you accidentally go over your meal budget they are unwilling to try and find alternative ways to feed you, and will instead turn a blind eye while you eat nothing.

Angie

I feel really comfortable with the community here. I haven't felt unsafe on campus and I think it's a great place to come express your opinions and find people who think like you but also people who challenge you so you always see more than just one side to a topic.

Paul

The University of Redlands, an oasis in the concrete jungle of Los Angeles. The most beautiful college campus I have ever seen. Combine the exceptional community, academics, small class sizes (largest class I've had was 35 people), variety of extracurricular activities, and accessible college town and Redlands is the only college I can see myself attending.

I love this school and happy I made the decision to pursue my degree here. Some courses are more challenging than others but the workload helped me become more disciplined and focused on finishing my degree. The staff is friendly and helpful and they always follow up within a timely fashion. I am proud of myself for going this far and earning my degree from a reputable school. I would recommend this school to anyone looking for a good business program.

Brooke

I honestly love it here and I'm so grateful to even be here. I picked the University of Redlands because I was just a girl from a small town and this little tight-knit community was way less terrifying to me than a huge public university. I also love this school because they have helped me so much with my financial aid, way more than I believe most other universities would. Coming from a family with very low income and being someone who always wanted to attend college, I was worried I would not be able to due to the expenses of college. I still feel very humbled to even be here. The campus is gorgeous, the professors are readily available and nice, and the people are generally friendly and respectful.

Marilyn

This school has made me feel more welcomed than I thought possible. As an out of state student, you sometimes worry that you will not fit in with the people who grew up in the area. They have welcomed me into Redlands and it has become my new home.

Amayrani

The University of Redlands is overall a great school. My favorite thing about Redlands is the fact that the class sizes aren't too big, allowing for a more personalized and close teaching style with your professors. The campus is also very beautiful!

Alicia

I have ab

Brionna

Some of the positives: In general, I love it. I have found the small class sizes to be very beneficial for someone with multiple learning disabilities, and have discovered many opportunities to work closely with faculty and staff to ensure my success. Classes are engaging and often discussion-based, and we are encouraged to express our opinions. I have found that Johnston courses grant a great deal of freedom to students hoping to personalize their education, and have allowed exploration of my interests that I may not have been able to otherwise. Some of the negatives: Many students on campus, myself included, have criticized the administration for a lack of transparency in its affairs, but students are generally encouraged to engage with campus government proceedings. There are some issues regarding accessibility, and while it is a fairly liberal university it can be difficult to be a minority on a primarily white, upper middle-class, able, cisgender, and heterosexual campus. The food is mostly mediocre, has a tendency to be undercooked, and I have observed food handling staff violate San Bernardino Health Code on several occasions despite repeated reporting to our caterer.

kavita

University of Redlands is nice! Good and compact, friendly and helping nature! For the course of GIS , one should do it from here. It has an amazing learning process and professors guide you through your program. They have cutting edge technology and one to one mentor-ship.

Christian

The University of Redlands has been my home for a year now and there has not been a day where I feel like I am unable to say that it is with confidence. It has been a place to foster my growth and development as an individual as well as give me new insight to different cultures around me. The faculty deserve an A+ rating due to their countless effort in ensuring our success as a student body. I mostly enjoy the small sized campus that allows me to feel more like a part of the community rather than a number on a chart.

Israel

Great beautiful school and the diversity is exquisite. The sports programs are amazing and very talented. The gym is free to all students so it’s really great to get in there and use that as a stress reliever. The food there is amazing and the people are very kind and friendly.

Brooke

This is a great school for students to attend right after high school. The school has many resources for their students and ensures they have the tools they need to be successful. Personally, I don't particularly like this school because many of the classes are not discussion based, but rather lecture-based, and free thinking is not actively promoted.

Aeriel

Personally, it was not for me. I transferred for my last two years and it was a huge culture shock for me. The class style is very loose and conversation based. It is a very young, very affluent type of atmosphere. There’s little diversity, despite being a pretty liberal school. Overall, it was an experience. It was just tough to adjust, surprisingly.

Julissa

Great professors that I get to engage connections with. The student teacher ratio is compact, making professors more available. The school offers many resources to enhance my grades, therapists for in need of help and reassurance and a multitudinous programs for first-generation students. The campus is beautiful and divine meals. I would consider the campus to be very safe hence it has many 911 call services and security guards.

Alyssa

For starters a more accurate overall rating is a 3.75 but I'll round up. The teachers are amazing, creative, unique and ALWAYS available to help you. As a freshman, I have never had a class size of more than 30 people, I love it. There are a lot of unique opportunities all over campus from clubs, intramural, the outdoor program, work study, internships, and I could go on for the rest of my hundred words but I won't bore you with that. The campus is a decent size, you can definitely across campus to make your next class in that 10 minute window. UoR is a private school with less than 5,00 students, the largest benefit of that is all the financial aid they give us (seriously it's a lot)!The downsides of the school have to be housing and the food. For housing there are a lot of options (12 dorms) and only 2 of them don't have A.C! The dorms while they may be nice, that's your only real option. You're only allowed to live off campus if you live within 30 miles of campus or petition it. Now to petition to live of campus there's a magic number of students that they let live off campus each year, the majority of which are seniors with a 3.0 or higher. Oh and housing is crazy expensive (which is why they don't let you move off campus). Now for my least favorite, the food. It's awful, avoid it when you can, which isn't hard since the dinning hall is only open for 1-2 hours for each meal.

Robert

I love the University of Redlands! The professors at this institution are very insightful and bestow the fruit of wisdom into the minds of the many eager students that attend this university. Not only have I obtained immense knowledge about my particular major, but I have also learned a lot about the other majors as well, such as history or music. The professors at the University of Redlands do a fantastic job of making sure that students succeed whether the class they are taking is their intended major or not. Furthermore, the professors give a fantastic overview of what the major entails which allows students to make a definitive decision of what field of study they want to focus on. The environment that the University of Redlands provides is very peaceful and you will always feel safe walking alone at night. There is hardly anything to be afraid of at this institution. I love it here and I hope that you will too if you ever choose to attend.

Overall, an average institution. They offer a good education at a lofty price. The weather is great and the class size is ideal, making professors very reachable. Location is subpar and there is not much to do around campus or the surrounding areas.

Evelyn

Overall, I feel as if in order to succeed and have a great time on campus is only if as a student one takes initiative. There are a variety of opportunities for students on campus. From gaining an internship to joining a social organization, it is up to students to make their own college experience. As a first generation student, I have valued the support I have been able to gain through staff and professors. I plan to finish strong and I am glad to know that there are people on campus who want the same for me and will help me if I ever begin to struggle.

Valerie

Its a school with great teachers and education. There are some complaints about the dorms and community bathrooms as there are with any school and shared living space but for the most part the dorms are clean and kept looking fresh. The academics here are amazing and you do get a real liberal arts education.

Zayra

I am incredibly happy with my decision to come to the U of R. I am a first-generation student of color and wouldn't change my college choice for the world. like anything else, of course there's a few dislikes here and there but overall, I'm happy to say this place is my home. <3

The University of Redlands is much different than what I expected it to be. Its a small campus with small class sizes and friendly professors which is nice. However, it is an extremely liberal environment. A majority of the students hold very liberal views and its hard to make friends if you do not share those views. It often feels more like high school than college because there are only about 3,000 students. Greek life is something I was looking forward to in college but the sororities an fraternities here are not national organizations, they are only specific to Redlands, and not many people participate so Greek life is overall pretty lame. The dorm options are not great. I'm currently a junior and I'm living in a closet. My friends at other universities were living in apartments sophomore year or at least by junior year. And the food here is not good. They have a couple good options once in a while but overall, the quality of the food isn't that great and they only have one cafeteria and two small cafes. There just aren't enough options.

Catherine

The University of Redlands is an amazing place! Professors are accessible and ready to help, and so is everyone else! Not only are financial services there for you, but so are the librarians, the facility directors, and so many others. If you want to make something happen, you can at Redlands. There is amazing school spirit and the culture on campus is fantastic.

yusvizaret

Redlands is a very culturally diverse school which pays attention to its students and needs. Everyone is involved and welcoming even professors. My favorite part about the university of Redlands is the amount of passion and encouragement received from staff and students.

Kyrin

I feel that all professors are out for their student's best interest. Our class sizes are small enough to participate in small group activities that allow for us as future teachers to learn from each other's triumphs and mistakes. The classroom environment that is created has such a positive impact on building relationships that my classmates and I actually hang out outside of class because we enjoy each other's company and complete many projects together.

So far I have really enjoyed attending the University of Redlands. It is a small community which makes it easy to meet people and be familiar with everyone. I think they have a great support system for first-generation college students which has been very helpful for me and one of the reasons I am enjoying school so much. I have also participated in retreats that have been very beneficial and make me feel more comfortable at the school. I would recommend the university because everyone is friendly and the teachers are always around and wanting to help.

Cloey

I enjoy my time at the Univeristy. While ther are things I would like to change, such as the party atmosphere, I still enjoy my time here at the University. The meal plan food offered, needs to be changed, as the food rarely tastes good. The party atmosphere is definitely high at the University, which makes it hard for me to feel completely comfortable. However, the class sizes are amazing because you can get hands on expierence with your teachers. The housing becomes better as the student grows older. The people are also very friendly, which makes making friends easy. Overall, I like my school a lot.

Jorge

The campus is beautiful, the people are nice, teachers are very caring, curriculum is intriguing, the school has been awesome thus far. I was extremely nervous and anxious to begin school but everyone was welcoming. First week of class has been great and I am looking forward to continuing my education here.

MaryTravis

I honestly can’t imagine going to another school besides the University of Redlands. Everyone is friendly and caring, students and faculty alike. All the professors care about their course content and how well the students understand it. It’s not hard to strike up an intellectual conversation on campus. I also love that I have the ability to create my own major and have a say in my curriculum. I’m able to completely design my own courses if I do choose, and I have the freedom to start discussions and clubs. The campus is quite diverse too.

Keona

The University of Redlands is a school the size of the University of Southern California with only an eighth of the population. It is a small, tight-knit community where almost everyone knows everyone, which can be both immensely useful and unforgiving at the same time. The professors are among some of the best and are VERY committed to the success of their students.

Alex

It’s a pretty great school

Cy

The University of Redlands is a wonderful university that has much to offer for both its graduate and undergraduate students. Classes are enjoyable, small, and interactive. Student life is wonderful; everyone is encouraged to get involved. On campus living is wonderful, due to the campus's small class size everyone will eventually establish a good relationship with each other due to the frequency of meetings that occur throughout their college career. The food is amazing and prepped to be delicious (I would know because I work in the kitchen). The professors and academics and great due to the availability of both tutoring and office hours provided by the university staff. This is my number one choice of university for anyone looking to apply and highly encourage doing so.

Santiago

Out of all the schools that I applied to Redlands offered me the best finical aid. The school is pretty small and it complements the small town as well. The teachers are really accessible and it is easy for teachers to remember your name. There is also free tutoring offered to students which helps a lot.

Take our Scholarship Match Quiz!