Redlands, CA
University of Redlands

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend University of Redlands

Additional Loan Options

David

This school is closest to my home and the area in which I grew up. Everything I need from groceries to close family is nearby. This school also offered the most financial aid and has some of the smallest class sizes in comparison to other schools.

Alright kiddo, don't stress too much about college. You have done everything you can to prepare yourself up to this point. Remember that you finally get to go be yourself at a home away from home. Eddie, Mark and Sarah will still look up to you. Make them proud and be sure to do things that you would want them to someday do as well. Make your dorm room comfortable yet practical and always get work done before you go out to have fun. You're here to work hard now so you can enjoy life later. That being said, don't neglect your social life for work. Do your work well and make time for friends and family. Finding the balance between work and friends is what will make or break you in college. Either because you aren't doing well due to poor study habits or because you aren't doing well due to lack of support. As strong as you want to be you will always need someone to be next to you cheering you on. As smart as you want to be you will always have to study hard to do well. Good luck kiddo.

I brag most about the residence hall life here. Students are challenged everyday by their Community Assistants to take an active role in their school community.

Ruby

The Johnston center of learning which allows students to create their own majors to their likings. The music school is very large and prestigious. Also the drug use on campus is quite popular and many teachers and other academic people are very aware of the recreational use on campus.

I don't think there is really a way to know about the right school until you find it or you get to campus and you realize this is the place I want to be. Sometimes the first choice isn't the right one. Its very important to feel comfortable with all aspects of the school you are attending. Being involved makes college all the better, being greek and an athlete provides so many amazing experiences that you wouldn't get otherwise. College is the best time of your life if you give it the chance.

Very conversative students may feel out of place, the campus is very open. Many of the students are very liberal. The campus strives for diversity and acceptance of all lifestyles and choices.

Alannah

The University of Redlands is very diverse, and is also not too huge for those who don't prefer big campuses.

When looking for the right school, don't just rush in or only pick one that you think you really wanna go to and then regret it later. Take your time, search thuroughly and schedule campus visits so you can get a hands-on feel for the campus. Talk to some of the students and faculty to get an idea of the curriculum and academic programs. Also, if possible, schedule an overnight so you can get the full dorm life experience. After that, decide which school you felt more comfortable at and that will ultimately be your college choice.

Some students seem to think that they have a free ride just because they go to a top school.

Rebecca

?I think you?re good at empowering and healing people. I think you?re good at empowering women,? the advisor rattled off with precise articulation, as if he were reciting a well-rehearsed poem. I was given these words when I was questioning my identity. Ah. Guidance. If only it were that easy! But it wasn?t. When I discovered the Johnston program within the University of Redlands, I was overjoyed to identify my passions and craft an emphasis that strengthened them. However, learning the initiative and management skills were the backbreaking methods to my emergence as a true leader. When I think of The University of Redlands, and the high ratings I gave it in campusdiscovery.com?s survey, I think of Johnston. Yet, because the College of Arts and Sciences at Redlands and the Johnston Center are combined in a constructive environment, I had so many choices. I could design my women?s studies classes and take classes in the art department, taking away skills to create my own activist-focused art. I learned to be an entrepreneur for myself. Simply put, that?s what I want for my children someday: lots of choices and entrepreneurial leadership.

I wish I'd known about the Johnston Center within Redlands, which is an alternative college program where one can design their own degree. I transferred to this program. My evaluations mostly assess the Johnston program, though I also kept in mind my experiences in the College of Arts and Sciences within the U of R in my assessments.

U of R is in a college town, and it's small. It's easy to make community connections and find friends, but I missed the big-city feel of living in other cities in my life, like Portland, OR, or Amsterdam for my semester abroad. The environment is supportive from a large-scale view, but it is also very cliquey in petty ways. I think the best thing for that is more community-based programming and a re-designed version of the First Year Seminar, a peer group for new students.

Heath

Great university with professors who care about their subjects and teaching them.

To find the college or university that best suits your needs, I would advise turning to the internet first. This can be a huge time-saver, and, with the information flow on the internet today, it is assuredly a best bet. Armed with a web-site like Campusdiscovery.com, students and families are bound to narrow down their search for the right school in a matter of minutes! One can browse through colleges based on very specific preferences and even see what the current students are saying about it. Once a particular interest is gained, a campus visit can be a helpful option. This can be expensive, but it is a great way for the student to experience the campus, social life, and environment first-hand. As far as making the most of the college experience is concerned, it is all about attitude and participation. Students will find that they will enjoy their college years if they have a positive attitude. Stay connected with people, make new friends, and try to attend events that appeal to your interests. Just remember to stay safe and keep a sharp mind for your studies.

Small classrooms with interactive teachers; beautiful campus.

Melissa

Go to the school, stay a night there if you can. There is no other way of knowing whether or not it is the right fit. Don't out-rule private schools! It is not as expensive as you think. Most private schools give excellent financial aid!

I wish I had known more about the people in greek life so I would know it is much different here. Other than that, I feel like I knew a lot coming into the university

A person who relys on others to make friends. There are plenty of people who are nice, but they will not do the work for you. If you are introduced to someone new by someone else it is up to you to make the conversation

Alec

The best thing about Redlands is the students that are here. With only 2400 students in the entire school it is very easy to see many students all of the time. So then when you see all of these people you get introduced either by yourself, them saying hello, or the people you know introduce you. it is very easy to get to know the campus of students and it makes things easier when going to dinner you will see people that you know so that you can eat with them or just walking by you can have a good conversation with new friends.

No students are really out of place there is a wide variety of students around here there are jocks, normal kids, crazy kids, independent kids, many different races, party kds, non party kids. I think we have about every sterio type you could think of that goes to our school so you will find a place here. and some people even start there own steriotype so that is a possibility also.

No they are not for everyone, some students are benefited financially but many are not. I am one of those are not students living from paycheck to pay check and me and my mother are trying to get by with what we have and hopefully this will pay off in the end.

the academic life is like any other school you have to put in the time and effort if you want to make it here. Professors are not going to just let you slide by but i am an average student and i plan to be better in the future and anyone can do it. All it takes is you though no one is going to hold your hand but every professor is there if you need help with somehting during office hours and there is tutoring available for any department if you need extra help.

Student life here is very active. There is usually something going on every day of the week. It could be a sporting event because many of our teams are ranked among the nation or it could be just a fun activity in the dorms. I participate in cross country and track and field and we have very close teams on both ends. Guest speakers are always coming here we have had many out standing speakers come from all over. there are many options that come with the school.

That we are kind of a rich school with snobby students

Janet

Princeton Review is a good place to start when applying. Make sure you think about it thoroughly and make a decision that works well for the student primarily, after all this is the time for the student to start becomming independent and to become and adult. Also, check out the school before signing up. You want to make sure that you are comfortable with the area, the campud and the vibe of the school.

Geoffrey

A private institution with a modest student body of about 2500, the University of Redlands was founded in 1906; each of its schools carries the traditions of the 20th century into the 21st, most notably the Johnston school, which offers students the opportunity to form their own fields of study (emphases) from the wide variety of available standard curricula and community-based events; a campus able to cater to both traditionalists and modernists, the University of Redlands continues to develop a program that is relevant and impactful, in the immediate San Bernardino area and outward.

The University of Redlands is best known for its Music department, as well as its Business department, particularly at the graduate level.

Parents ought to do their utmost to determine what their sons or daughters are really looking for; that is to say, what their interests really are. While college certainly presents its students with a time for dramatic change and self-searching, parents can do worse than act as guides in this initial way. I would not advise suggesting "dad's good-old alma mater" for the single reason that it is "dad's good-old alma mater"; this reason alone may not stand up to the individuality of the prospective student. Guidance is better than delegation in this respect, though the cost of education can be high. Students ought to heed the advice of their parents, but to take it with a grain of salt would not be rash. They are not the ones going off to college (though they may at first be the ones paying for it). This is the student's education; and to the extent which the student is willing to take ownership of her future, to that same extent ought she to value the selection process. Don't settle! Apply everywhere you might want to go. You might get in somewhere you didn't expect.

Jenna

I recommend KNOWING what you want. That is the easiest way. Do you like to be around people all the time? Is it important to have your car as a freshman? Do you want someplace that emphases community service? KNOW it. Then find something that fits that description. Then visit. I don't think the scheduled visits with overnight stays are ever that much more helpful--I liked to just go on my own, take a campus tour, and get the feel of the place. You want to feel safe where you go to school, and nothing will tell you that until you visit. Visits also let you know if there's people you think you want to meet there. I think it's important to be far enough from your parents so that you are independent (you aren't going to grow up if you have your parents to do your laundry, and you aren't going to make new friends if all your high school friends are right there), but not so far so that you can't get home during a family emergency . I think anywhere from 300 to 1500 miles is good.

Anyone who is outgoing, friendly, ready for fun experiences. You should want personalized attention from your teachers (they will know your name, so don't count on never going to lectures!). You should want to be involved, both in school activities and in the community. You should be willing to work hard for your education. You should like the heat!! You can either like going out or staying in--Redlands has both, by being a small town in the middle of Southern California with everything close by!

The rigorous academics in the business department--they pushed us hard but I got an awesome education and I know a lot! I brag about how beautiful the campus and the town are--like an oasis in the desert, by the mountains AND the beach! I brag about how we're so cohesive--one alumni relations person told me she compared Redlands alumns to the West Coast Mafia in how much we help each other out and support each other! I brag about how fun it was, and what amazing friends I made so quickly.

University of Redlands administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.