Sacramento, CA
California State University-Sacramento

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend California State University-Sacramento

Shade

Leadership, academic support program for students who face educational barriers to careers in the health professions. In addition, we are best known for our diversity and small class room sizes. Furthermore, we are known for having a great business, biology, and criminal justice majors/deparments.

I wish I knew more about the dorms. The dorms at CSU, Sacramento are very small and outdated. However, currently,they are starting construction on newer and improved dorms. In addition, that the library is not accessible 24 hours a day and closes early on Saturdays at 5pm.

Hands-on experience is your best tool when choosing the right college. I would suggest narrowing your choices based on the schools appearance, degrees offered, and housing, financial assistance, safety, and graduation rates. Then arranged a campus tour with the top five schools, observe a class in progress, attend a social event on campus and visit the surrounding of the outer school campus. Finally, based on all the above, decide which school is right for you based on your overall experiences that really left a great and happy lasting impression.

Brianne

Sacramento State is best known for Business majors and Communications majors. It is fairly cheap compared to other Northern California Universities. It is a commuter school, many of the students who attend here live in the surrounding cities such as Folsom, Roseville, Citrus Heights, and Ranch Cordova.

Parents: Take an active role in the college experience. They still need you, not just your money. They need you to write the check on time so they don't get disenrolled. They need you to fax in your tax documents on time for the fafsa application. They need you to ask about the classes they're taking and help them understand whether or not they're filling the requirements. It's difficult and the advisement department DOES NOT cut it. Students: Work. Get a 20 hour a week serving job where you can understand the value of a paycheck that is nowhere near the amount you feel you deserve. You will make friends, deal with annoying people that test your patience and develop social skills. You'll need those eventually, maybe even more than the overpriced education.

I wish I would have known what an awful imbalance there is between money given to administration and the money given to educators.

nicholas

most of them are focused on getting their degrees and they work hard

most of them are focused on getting their degrees and they work hard

You have to start with academics - find colleges with a good academic record in your chosen subject area. If research is important to you, you can narrow down the choices to schools with strong research programs in your selected area. If you have no selected subject area yet then you can usually at least decide on arts versus sciences depending on your interests. Location and cost are next - do you want to attend school a rural or urban area, and what are the total costs and financial options. Other interests then come in - do you want marching band, football, etc. These are the main criteria you should use. If you have strong political viewpoints or beliefs you might look at the faculty to see if they are likely to be aligned or opposed to your views. Once you have applied the filters, you should visit your shortlist of schools to see which campus you prefer.

Someone who is interested in getting a degree in an environment that is pretty broad, this is not a radical school or a party school.

James

I wish I had known how flat the area is. There isn't a whole lot in the immediate area that corresponds to the hills of my home in the San Francisco Bay Area. The city of Sacramento itself is unusually flat, too. There are almost no tall buildings and the scenery can get monotonous because of it.

Don't let the money guide your decision. While I have no regrets about attending my school, there are still lingering "what ifs." What if I had just taken the loans to go elsewhere? Would I still be doing what I'm doing? Would I be more comfortable there? Would it really have been worth it to wait? These lingering questions can and will cause you to second guess yourself at incredibly awkward times - the middle of an exam, while out with friends, etc. If you have to take out loans to go to your number 1 choice, do it. You pay the money back after you graduate anyway, and it's an experience you cannot afford to miss out on. Even if another cheaper, closer alternative exists, it's just not worth the small nagging questions in the back of your head to take.

The person wanting to attend CSU Sacramento is definitely going to be a person that is more job oriented than anything. They will benefit the most from the practical, hands on methodology of teaching. If you're looking to go into research, there are opportunities here, but the focus is definitely geared more towards on the job abilities, than the hypothetical work.

Michelle

a medium sized school with many trees around that makes the academic environment very pleasing to the eye.

Apply early and often for scholarship monies. Also try to find a college that will cater to your needs. You need to make sure to visit the camous multiple time during the year to see the different environments that occur at the school. Dont just go during the orientation week when campus is usually closed and less busy. Apply early and often for scholarship monies.

This college is close to my home so that i do not spend much time travelling and I am not away from my kids as much.

Kou

Most of my classmates who are in the Biology field are very serious and independent. However at times, my classmates are very talkative and helpful, especially during midterm's week. As for my non-biology classmates, they are very very open and talkative. They love to share their personal life with others and are very jolly.

I advice that parents and students should have a slight idea of what major the students are interested. Therefore they can look up the right college that best teach that field or have a good reputation for that field. Fact is, certain university only offers certain fields and unversity that is not well known for a field will lack classes and staffs for that field. Perhaps classes are offerred once in while and this may slow down the students from graduating. So know your child if you are a parent. Know your interest if you are a student. Don't pay for nothing and be smart.

John

After living as a full-time student in college for two years, I feel that college should be used as a place for learning. When I say "learning," I do not mean "show up to class for four years to get a piece of paper." It's so sad to see students trying to get by with the mentality that "C's get degrees." It disgusts me. Their parents will have literally invested thousands of dollars for a shot at a good future for their son or daughter, and it sickens me to see those sons or daughters waste that money by showing up to class and fall asleep, wait until the end of the week to party, or cheat their way through an education. Make the most out of your college experience. Make the harder but more beneficial choice over the easier but depreciating choice. And do today what others won't so you could do tomorrow what others can't. Don't be normal. Ascend mediocrity when going to college and... do honestly good work.

Due to budget cuts, it's much harder to add sections to a course, so you find that many people are trying to squeeze into a class that they know they are not going to get into. Due to construction of dorms and other building structures, the parking situation was very difficult to cope with. Every day was like a competition for a parking spot. The prices of textbooks are ridiculous.

People who like to party and drink should attend this school. Sacramento State is a very wet campus. On the academic spectrum, this campus is perfect for aspiring Physica Therapists. They have an awesome Kinesiology and Physical Therapy program. As far as athletics goes, this campus is great for Women's Volleyball. Sac State has always placed high in the Big Sky division in the NCAA. I wish I could say the same about the football program. Those who like to play football really should not come here. The basketball program is decent. This should be a second choice school.

Kristen

I love my school. my school is awesome!

I love my school. my school is awesome!

I think it is helpful when a student knows what subject they would like to major, in order to help them find the right college. In order to make the most out of the college experience, it is important to get the most out of your money; by choosing a college that is geared towards their major, students and parents can really feel like they are getting a lot of bang for their buck. Also, I would encourage students to try new things and to really put themselves out there in terms of being open minded as well as friendly. Fellow students are more like colleagues at the college level and it is important to adjust social behaviors, accordingly. Mostly, I hope that students would be willing to work hard and have fun, but to be goal minded at all times.

Erika

When it was time for me to make a choice about college, I based most of my decision on my current boyfriend. We broke up less than a month into my first semester. I am still thrilled with SAC STATE but I feel now like I missed out on most of my first semester because I was sad over a boy. As much as people say do not pick a college for a boy, I really do not think it matters. The school you go to does not matter in the long run. What it comes down is how you act while you are there, the experiences you create for yourself, the people you make connections with, and extra-curriculars you choice to participate in. Anywhere you go there will be something for you, you just have to get out onto your campus and experience it for your self. I think going away to college and living on-campus is a very important part of someone's life and the things you learn doing it can change you as a person for the better. Tour schools first and see how you feel on campus, you will know when its right!

The worst thing about my school is the construction that has been going on the past year. The parking is pretty bad from what I have heard as well, but I lived on-campus so it was never an issue for me.

Nothing really frustrated me about my school. I was more than pleased with my experience there.

California State University-Sacramento administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.