Rider University Campus Life Reviews

Overall Review for Rider University

Expensive, MOST of the people who work there don't know what they're doing, professors throw each other under the bus. President did not even now the campuses the voice teachers were on and is trying to sell Westminster Choir College. It is all about money and less about education. Trying to get your transcript from there is a joke.

Marilyn

Coming from a community college, transferring to a university was overwhelming. I had applied to multiple colleges and universities but Rider quickly gained my dedication. This school and their faculty seem to genuinely care about their students and their success. They have guided me step by step and provide yearly to do lists depending upon your status as a student.

Jeremy

Academically, the school is decent. Lots of opportunities for help in classes, and in looking for careers after graduation. The financial aid offices and their staff are sub-par. There is little communication with students, the people are rude and stiff, and are quick to deny their mistakes. Cost of attendance is way to much for what your getting at first glance, but the long reputation and professional connections of Rider make it something to behold. My advice is if you the money, or at least plan to have the means to pay it back, give Rider a shot.

Quinn

While the campus is small and the surrounding area is not close to anything, unless you have a car, it is still a warm and welcoming place. We do not have a football team, however we bring our spirit to all of the other sports, especially soccer or basketball. One of the best things about Rider University is the fact that I feel extremely safe wherever I walk, whenever I walk. There will always be a presence of safety and someone to help you out!

Isaiah

Average suitcase school. The selling point is the small classes, distance from home, professional connections, and alumni connections. People who are good at getting to know others, are involved in campus activities, and can create a self-brand quickly are those who excel, and it is evident who those people are on campus. All others tend to be students that couldn't get into a big school and resent the small size and the unchanging party scene.

Rayonna

Welcome to the Bronc Zoo. A home away from home. A place where everybody knows your name. Literally. Although we don't have a football team, I can't tell the difference. Our Maacness Night (Free T-shirts) is absolutely a night to remember. We also don't have a homecoming but our fall concert definitely does make up for it. We've had Big Sean, Travis Scott, Kevin Hart, Kelly Rowland, and many more. I haven't missed a concert yet. Our campus layout reminds me of a 90's mullet. Business in the front, Party in the back. All of our academic buildings and residences halls are in the front of campus but, as you head to the back you will meet our fun-loving , friendly greek life. If you are a student like myself who thrives off of personal interaction from professors and fellow classmates in the classrooms Rider is the perfect school for you. The professors ALL know your name, and will do anything to see you succeed in your classes and are always available for you. I always feel at home at Rider, and I never feel like a walking dollar sign or a student number. I feel like a person, with different hobbies, traits, and the staff, and students always acknowledge that. There are a surplus of clubs and organizations to get involved in on campus, so you can never say you are bored on campus. There is literally more than enough things for you to do on campus, and getting involved always makes any college experience fantastic. I know what you're thinking how much is all this going to cost? Well no fear Rider is ALWAYS there to help, that was one of the reasons why I picked Rider. There are different financial options for you to explore when trying to afford college. Everyone's financial situation is different, and my financial aid counselor helped my family. I cannot thank Rider enough. So even if a private school isn't your top choice, please just come visit us here at Rider. I promise it is all worth it.

Kristin

It's a good school. Some courses and professors are challenging, but most professors are encorage you to see them outside of class and want you to do well. The school is also currently in the process of making improvements and renovations to buildings and programs

D'Amani

Rider University is a great college if you are strictly focusing on your education. Some people consider it boring because it's small and sometimes quiet. However, if you are open to making friends and joining clubs you will do fine. The dorms could be a little better. The classes are small which gives you the chance to form relationships with your peers and your professor. Professors are usually always available whether you email them or go to office hours ( which they like better) . The only thing Rider could improve on is lowering tuition and start having activities on the weekends because most students like myself go home because it can be a little boring, especially if you don't have a car. However, they do have a bus that takes you to he Westminster campus which is next to Princeton and the mall which is cool.

Mariah

Rider is a school that really likes to get engaged with the students, faculty, and students so that it feels like one big family which helps with your future in networking, internships, and starting your career after college. It is a very small school​ and a bit pricey, but if you take every opportunity they have to offer to your advantage its worth it.

Rayonna

Rider University, home of the Bronc Zoo. No it's not a real zoo, but its the home of our Division 1 sports teams. Although we do not have a football team I don't seem to miss it because of our surplus of different sports we offer. I am a student who prefers individual interaction, and thrives off of interaction. So with rider being a small campus the student to teacher ration is amazing and my professors are always available in and out of class. Food in the cafeteria hasn't always been great, I mean we all knew that since high school, BUT there is a starbucks and a subway on campus. If you're looking for a home away from home, Rider University is the place to be.

Gabrielle

Strictly speaking, I attend Westminster Choir College (Princeton NJ), which was bought by and is part of Rider University. While I do spend time on the Rider campus in Lawrenceville NJ, I spend most of my time on the WCC campus. Both are nice, inviting, and clean. However the some of the facilities on the Princeton campus need renovating, badly. The Princeton campus has less than optimal handicapped access. For example, Williamson Hall, which is the main building where many of the faculty offices are located, is four stories tall without having a single elevator in it. Many of the buildings on the Princeton campus are old which gives a lovely aesthetic which I’ve grown quite attached too, but they really need to be made more handicapped accessible. The music faculty here at WCC are fantastic but most of the teachers they bring for the elective courses are deplorable! Something I love about the Princeton campus is that it’s small and everybody knows each other. The entire student body totals at about four hundred students. For me, this very communal atmosphere has been a huge comfort and support, especially during my freshman year! For the most part people are friendly, and helpful. There are a fair amount of REALLY rich kids and they can be kind of clueless, melodramatic and petty but for the most part harmless. The Princeton campus is very…well…”Princetony”. It’s predominantly white and rich; not that diverse. That aside, Princeton is a gorgeous old town with tons of culture to lap up. The campus is just one block from downtown Princeton and if you have the money, there are plenty of expensive, but very nice shops and restaurants. I love being able to just stroll up and down Nassau Street! And there are tons of shows and concerts, speakers and exhibitions that are open to the public on the Princeton University campus!

Kathleen

Rider University is an awesome small school to attend. You can find parties on the weekends and have a lot of fun. There are a ton of clubs to join, though research your club before you attend Rider, all of the clubs advertised are no longer available. They academics are amazing and the Professors are extremely knowledgeable about their fields. the Professors all care about how you do in class as well, though most of them require you to attend. You will never be lost in a large lecture hall. The campus itself is beautiful, however most outside shops you have to drive to. The nice thing is once you have your car on campus everything is within a 40 minute drive, such as the beach, Philly, Hopewell. Rider is between TCNJ and Princeton so there is always a college atmosphere around.

Professors, sports, and academics are great. I wish there were more honors options and that housing along with dining was better. Dining options are awful for vegetarians and vegans. The bathrooms in the dorm buildings are disgusting. However, the majors are great.

Heather

Rider University is a great college! It has given me so much in just three years. I have met some of my best friends, have had great professors, and gained confidence. I have become a new person here and look forward to learning even more in my final three semesters.

ylexis

If you’re looking for a smaller school and a tight knit community Rider is for you. Everything is walking distance on campus, which is great because you don’t have to drive to class or catch a shuttle to get there. Most of the class sizes are also around 20 people, so you will be able to get one on one time with your professor if you have any questions. On the weekends people usually leave campus because nothing really goes on. Because the campus is so small you will see the same faces everyday, which can be a pro or a con depending on who you ask. I’d rate the cafeteria food a 3.5. They definitely put effort into being culturally diverse on certain holidays, which is appreciated. The student body is also very diverse. Overall Rider is a good school if your looking for something small and tight knit.

John

As a student on the Princeton campus of Rider University, I can only speak for my experience on my campus. However, just from my campus, Rider has an incredible music and theatre program, with tons of performance opportunities for all students. The atmosphere is incredibly friendly and supportive, coming from both the students and the faculty. I've heard good things about Rider's main campus, which most of my peers go to so they can use the gym or get Starbucks. However, the shuttle system between two campuses is difficult to work with and often is incredibly late or leaves without picking anybody up. Overall, my experience has been incredible, and I look forward to spending four more years here (as long as I get to keep my campus!)

Lillian

Overall, Rider is pretty good. For me, it's not the ideal college experience. I have to work 40 hour weeks to be able to afford coming here, and since I'm out of state, it's even harder because I don't get the state grant (so I have to pay an extra $5,290). Other than obscure party locations off campus, the nearby mall, and my work, there's not much to do off campus. On campus, I'm involved with many activities, such as the Leadership Development Program, being a Community Assistant (same as an RA), SGA Finance Board, Treasurer and Member of the Club Tennis Team, and member of the Animal Welfare Club. Lastly, I thought I actually wanted to go to a small school because my high school was so big. Turns out, I was wrong. It's way too small of a school for me; so much so, that if I want to avoid someone, it's extremely difficult! I end up bumping into everyone. I probably met almost half the campus in only one year! And these people never want to do anything or go out; they're either lazy or homebodies. :(

Adria

I believe Rider University is an amazing school. The campus is easy to maneuver around; not too big or too small. There are an abundous amount of resources on campus from counseling to tutors. Everyone on campus is very approachable. The campus is beautiful and clean. I highly recommend choosing Rider University when deciding what college to attend.

Evan

Rider is a great school. I have made great connections with professionals and other students very easily. The school is not the best party school but college is about making the best out of any situation. I was not a big school type of person and Rider made me feel at home. We are a very diverse school and I take pride in being surrounded by many different people as well as a multitude of opinions and ideas. Riders sports teams are fairly good. Soccer and Basketball draw the most attention and the games are fun to attend. No football is upsetting but its not terrible. Academically for business it is one of the best schools in New Jersey. I have seen a great deal of recruitment at Rider and personally have been recruited many times. I have been in 4 internships in just two years of school. Rider has a very good reputation and if you are interested in business, it may be the home for you!

Mia

Every time I think if I was somewhere else, I wouldn't be the person I am right now. Sure I would still technically be Mia Tribbett, but would I be this aware as I am in this moment? When I chose Rider University as an incoming freshman they didn't inform me of the mental metamorphosis that comes with achieving my degree. I'm only half way there, and I already feel happier with the person I'm becoming.

Y'dalia

I love Rider. The atmosphere is just so warming and welcoming. There are so many interesting classes taught by amazing professors who really care about the students and try to build personal relationships with them. The professors and academic staff is there for any problem you might have and is happy to help, they know how stressful college can be. The campus itself is beautiful and there is always something happening on campus whether it be inside, outside, during the day, at night, you'll never get bored.

Sebastian

I am thinking about going and I like it as a possible school.

Juliet

At Rider University, there is not much to do besides party off campus on the weekends. There's not a lot near the school to do either, unless you drive at least 15 minutes. My experience in a sorority here at Rider is gruesome. There was NO hazing, but the sorority life is very strict and quite scary. However, the academics and teachers give a good learning environment, with small class sizes and easy to reach professors.

Christina

I am beyond grateful to attend a university with such kind and caring professors, beautiful campus, and amazing opportunities. I feel that the education I receive at Rider is extremely helpful to prepare me to enter the working world and I am very happy that I have such amazing connections from college. The professors are very well known in their respective fields and I believe they will be very beneficial in my future endeavors. I also believe my classmates are great connections as well and I would definitely recommend Rider to any prospective students.

Angela

Rider University is certainly not without faults. On the academic side, I have had multiple professors in my time, and not many have provided me with new knowledge beyond the intro level courses. Most of the business classes are the same repetitive information and I have not learned much past freshman year. However, in the psychology department, I have expanded my knowledge with every course and been inspired in many ways. On the social side of collegiate life, there are plenty of clubs and organizations to choose from. There are not many greek organizations, but I was able to find my home. There is always something to do, both on and off campus. I found my opporutnity to leave my legacy at Rider by starting my own organization. Socially, Rider can be a good fit for anyone.

Jasmine

Rider Univerity is the type of school that brings various communities together. Which is why our campus population is so diverse. I love Rider so much, that it was the only school I applied too. If you're looking for a small campus that is active through the week with fun events, lots of academic help, and smaller classrooms to learn, then Rider University is the school for you.

Teddy

Rider University is a great school that allows a plethora of opportunities. Throughout my time at Rider, I have made connections with people from all around the world. The classroom sizes are perfect for those who like getting close with their professors. Overall, Rider is a great school socially and academically.

Andrea

Rider is a developing school. This means they are always late to the "trend". Rider is usually the last to catch up on the fun things, morally correct things, and improvements. Rider has only been catching negative attention. This academic school year, Rider caught internet attention by being voted "Worst Dorms in America", and for rejecting Chick-Fil-A being served on campus, after already have accepted the contact to do so. After this year, important roles in Rider Administration have resigned due to not wanting to be a part of such who make such decisions. Rider's dining has had many counts of under cooked/raw food, and fault housing functions. This includes, but is not limited to, lack of heat, lack of air conditioning, lack of hot water, lack of security. Within the last two years of me attending Rider, a student has been run over a snow plow on campus, and they hired (then fired) a pedophile as a public safety officer. There are some decent things, such as residence hall improvements, or updating dining, but overall, not worth the money paid.

Christopher

As a rising senior at Rider University, my experience during the first three years has been nothing short of amazing. The academic faculty at the College of Business are extremely knowledgeable and are always available when I have a question regarding a class or to have intelligent conversations with them. Although it is a relatively small campus, we are a close knit community and we all have fun participating in various on-campus events. I have made strong friendships that I hope last a lifetime. Living on campus is always an interesting experience, but it nonetheless prepares students for the future (at least if they move out of their parents' house). All in all, I am proud to be part of the Rider University family and I cannot wait to start my final academic year at the college.

Farah

Rider University was actually not at the top of my list at the time. This might have been due to the change in my interests along the way. But as I did my research on every institution I was interested in, I was always disappointed with the results. I am glad that I found the best value in Rider. This includes being about an hour and a half away from home. Even though Rider is a private school, if you complete your FAFSA, they can give you very generous financial aid packages. In fact, the financial aid I received is one of the main reasons why I am attending Rider University. I strengthened my bond with the admissions team and they made me completely secure with what I am pursuing. The campus itself is very beautiful. Everything is not too far away, it is all in a very good walking distance, and that is perfect for those who do not like to walk very far. Another plus was that Freshman can have their cars on campus during their first year. The last thing that sold it for me was their Education program. I acknowledge that they put a lot of effort into making sure Education majors feel good that they're in their program. I also notice that Rider has a Greek presence on their campus. I might consider joining during my sophomore year, but I hear it is pretty strict this time around. I'll see how it goes once I start in the fall.

Nicolo

Overall I enjoyed my time so far at Rider and am looking forward to finishing my degree here. It is a very open school with tons of options and professors who are willing to listen to their students. I have enjoyed the overall welcoming atmosphere at Rider and enjoy how easy it is to communicate with professors on a daily basis, even if I do not see them for class on a certain day. Would recommend for people local to the area or if you want to attend a school in New Jersey.

Melanie

I truly feel as though I chose the right school. This school has met all of my requirements that I felt necessary upon applying. The campus is easy to navigate and the people who work on campus are very kind and personable. I found the academics to be very organized and rigorous but there is always someone there to guide you to make the right decisions. I am very grateful to have been given the opportunity to attend Rider University.

Hazim

Rider university is a very diverse school with all type of people who attend creating a respectable environment for all people. The teachers are always there willing to help. Some are very tough but their intent is in the right place they want to see you succeed. I must say having people genuinely wanting you to succeed motivates you because you don't want to let them down.

Gianni

I love Rider University. I have a made many lifelong friends here. There are multiple opportunities for students to get involved on campus, the university even allows students to create their own clubs/teams if there is enough of a following. The class sizes are not very large, so professors get to know you on a first name basis, which can be very convenient for students if they need extra help outside of class.

Tara

As a student attending Rider University, I would say that it is a very amazing but different university with a wide range of opportunities for students to take. Rider University has a small classroom setting, which is always great, because being with a bigger class could make students feel less comfortable. It provides all students with the ability to be surrounded with all the help that they need. Rider helps students to feel comfortable in such a positive environment when it comes to academics and community service projects/assignments. This university has a wide range of sports and clubs to join, which makes people feel more adjusted to the Rider community. Rider should consider taking on more and better restaurants for students to eat at. The food kinda sucks. Besides that, Rider is just an awesome university/community to be apart of. It's the best choice that I have made in my life!

Jack

Everyone I talked to while I visited was so nice! The eating options here seemed to be very diverse. I feel as though this university could be a great fit for me! I am not into partying/drugs and from what my friends who have gone/are going to rider have told me, this university students more often focuses on academics than those things.

Faith

Rider is a great school if your not only want to have the large college experience and a smaller friendly college. There is a lot of extras to do aside from just classes. Rider is in a great location it's not far from society in a whole. We always have activities that are for all the students regardless of their interests. I wouldn't go anywhere else.

Theresa

I will always be happy that I chose to attend Rider University. The training I am recieving is superb, I have made lifelong friends, and being extremely close to the big apple is always a plus. But, they could improve their housing facilities and dining...a lot. It is something that could make campus life so much more enjoyable! Overall, I love Rider but there are some flaws that could be an easy fix.

dana

Rider is a very reputable university with a lot of culture and diversity. The professors are very knowledgeable and easy to get in touch with. The campus offers on campus living with on campus dining . The classes are reasonably sized and there's always someone who wants to ensure your learning experience. Rider is AWSOME!

Take our Scholarship Match Quiz!