South Orange, NJ
Seton Hall University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Seton Hall University

Fixed  rate loan

Buisness and Nursing is what Seton Hall is known for academically. Seton Hall is also known for the fire in Boland Hall where 3 students were killed.

I would tell parents and students to try to visit the school. Also when applying to schools, even if an interview is not required definitely schedual one. If the student is far away from the school, most schools will do over the phone interviews. Try to get as many scholarships as possible, schools are getting expensive. Don't be afraid to ask questions. Students should take into consideration the price of the college, the location and the activity on campus.

I wish I understood the Housing Department and the situations with roommates. When I had my problem with my roommate the Housing Department was not willing to help at all. I wish the school talk about security and how the students could go for problems such as school restraining orders.

Brian

People do get mugged although rarely. But some of it is plain student stupidity like walking around with a wallet full of cash while singing along to alicia keys with your shiny new IPOD while you're totally oblivious that you've been walking in the dark for 2 minutes and that your IPOD is like moths to a flame. While I would agree that the Stillman School of Business places the utmost importance on intergrity and professionalism, I believe we are categorized as such due to the "in your face" branding of "Stillman Students." However, despite the large modern building and the private funding from prominent business alumni, we are your run-of-the mill student, with the exception that business credits actually costs more than general university credits. It is an amazing school that develops well rounded people who enter every industry worldwide.

People get mugged all the time. Business students give off the "business student vibe."

Alexandra

Seton Hall is an ok school. There are to many restrictions in my perspective. I wish I had have known more when I came on my visit than I know now because I would have given my decision a second thought. I absolutely hate the cafeteria food. I have traveled to many other schools for my sport and sometimes we eat in the cafeteria's and their selections as well as the cafeteria are absolutely fabulous. When people hear Seton Hall they assume that its a party school which is absolutely false because there is not much around for students to do here. Everything is so far and I am not really a fan of South Orange so a lot of the students have to travel to NY just for some entertainment. Seton Hall administration is ok. Professors I have no clue where they find them at but there are a select few who I have taken who are very very good and you really like and appreciate especially being that a lot of the professors here cant teach or either don't care but expect you to learn or teach yourself. The most complaints at this school are the food and the professors in my opinion. I don't even think I eat in the caf anymore two years of that and I am through with it. I actually lost weight not eating in the caf for some reason it adds weight onto the students.

Seton Hall's student body is not that diverse. Its a predominately white school which does not bother me at all. All my life I have been in a diverse environment so this is a change but I think it is a nice experience as well because it gave me the ability to experience something different. I have experienced racial situations here but I look at it as preparation because things like that do exist in the real world. I have made some wonderful friends here though and learned a lot of new things from them as well so I actually have no complaints about the students besides the few who ruin things for others which every school has. I find that a lot of the students are from Jersey. I come from a military background so I have always been around people from different areas but I think my high school had more out of state students than my college does. Its also easier for them to get around because they live close and have cars and stuff and can go home on the weekends.

Some professors are not bad at all and I really love taking their classes and wind up trying to take them for another class within my major. But most of the professors don't know how to teach and wonder why more than half of the class is doing bad. My least favorite classes here are the religion courses because I think that is a waste of credits where I can take up something more useful to my degree. I enjoyed taking philosophy because Dr. Unna is one of the professors who you might fall in love with. Full of knowledge and always willing to lend a hand. The type of professor who encourages students to do good whether you want to or not without making it easy for you! Some professors you can talk to outside of class about anything and even if they don't care you cannot tell. Other professors you can hardly talk to about the course material. I think because of the success that is paired with Seton Hall's name it is easy to a job...well not easy but easier depending on your academic department because when people hear Seton Hall they automatically think great academics...well at least from my previous experiences from telling people the school I attend.

I think the most popular group on campus is the basketball team for what I do not know! I actually wish we had a football team so we could win something. I myself run track and love my coaches and have won a few championships but noticed that we just get a pat on the back for doing so. I have friends at other schools and I noticed that their schools are more into their athletics and show it as well. This is one thing that I wish I had of known on my visit as well because I am a very athletic person and hate that only one sport gets praised here and sports like mines as well as the girls softball team and the mens soccer team seem to go unnoticed but are very high ranked in Big East and some in the nation. I find that its hard to do school and a sport but we do it and I feel like I would have enjoyed my years more if I attended a school where there were less problems and more support from the school but I cannot go back in time now. Outside of sports my social life does not exist really. I have regular student friends and I don't get to see them so much because I am traveling all the time. When I do we usually are in NY hanging out movies, lunch, dinner, shopping etc. There is not much in South Orange to do for students. The school has a few functions but not many of the students like the ones that they have or they do not suit a particular crowd of students. I do not know much about fraternities and sororities as this school does not have any that suit my preference like Deltas, Aka's etc. And many of the students who do pledge go to another school to do so. I am a athlete all year around so my time does not allow me to do so...Maybe I will do so in Grad School or something. One thing I can say is that here it is a very honest surrounding meaning that I can leave my door open for a week and no one will walk in. As I do leave my door open sometimes and nothing is ever bothered. Or maybe I was just fortunate enough to not experience it.

I have never heard or experience being stereotyped as a Seton Hall student. Maybe a Seton Hall Athlete.

Jody

The best thing about Seton Hall is that it is small and it allows you to shine!!! One thing I would change is expand the university down to South Orange. The size of our school is just right. Colleg Town but also not so much. Administration is amazing you just have to find the right people. Controversy on campus was probably the guy who shot himself then walked on campus.Yeah there is school pride not alot but some. Nothing to unusual. Always remember just the feeling of being part of this community and knowing the people around you. Complaints -not sure

Seton hall is very diverse in religions, and cultures

I love the school because it is a school that will rememeber you and not just count you as a number.........GOOOOO PIRATESSSSSSS

No they are not right at all there is a huge diversity in Seton Hall. People come from all over and make it a truly diverse school.

Yes they know my name. Favorite classes are arts and sciences cause they are easy. Study befor the test, but midterms and finals week before. Participation is based on how good the teacher is. Yes they have intellectual conversations. Yes they are competitive especially in business school!Unique classnot sure.

Maybe that all of them are religious, or that are kinda rich.

Seton Hall University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.