South Orange, NJ
Seton Hall University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Seton Hall University

Fixed  rate loan

I love Seton Hall! I think it gives students a great education. The professors always just an email away if they are not on campus or in their office. The professors really do care about their students and want them to do well which makes learning at SHU an enjoyable experience.

Amber

Going into Seton Hall, I wasn't exactly excited, but through meeting friends and being involved in clubs I've come to love the school's environment. The only thing that I had to get used to is the white majority, another thing I knew going in but with which I was surprised. Many of the student here came from high schools that weren't diverse, so they have a different mindset then I have about diversity and being aware of others. Still I like how on campus that I never feel scared to talk about racial issues. There are some things that aren't perfect, but overall I'm happy with my choice.

Caitlin

I will tell anyone who wants to know that Seton Hall is the best school out there- at least it has been for me. If you are looking for a school that will provide you with the tool you need to succeed- including internships, meaningful networking opportunities, and professional development training and support- you need to have Seton Hall on your radar. If you also want a school that is teeming with extracurricular opportunities, and general school spirit, you need Seton Hall on your short list. Even on those days when the Student Activities Board has nothing on the schedule, you are always just a short train ride away from Manhattan, where your possibilities for a fun-filled weekend are endless. Seton Hall is not just another university- it is a home. You will have professors who go out of their way to support you academically. An outstanding faculty is coupled with small class sizes, which have a synergistic effect on your academic success and overall college experience. Commuter or resident, there are opportunities for you to thrive here at Seton Hall. What's more? The school's administration has created a ten-year plan for the university in the hopes of making this small school in South Orange, New Jersey even greater! That's right; this already distinguished institution is only getting better! Just in the past three years we have built one new academic building, expanded our parking garage, been noticed for our excellence by multiple news sources, and has jumped significantly in national rankings of universities. You may have noticed that I have been using the pronoun "we" throughout this review; this is not a mistake. I say "we" because being a student at Seton Hall is being a part of a big, loving community. Seton Hall is a place that I have come to call home. My family consists of over 6,000 students and 90,000 alumni world-wide. There is no "we" I would rather be a part of than Seton Hall University. Go Pirates!

Christina

My overall opinion on Seton Hall University is that it is amazing. I am beyond glad that i chose to further my education here. There are many opportunities to get involved in the school community such as Greek life, campus ministry, volunteering, guest speakers and more. My classes and the food are exceptional. The gym is so nice; I always want to go there! I would recommend everyone who wants a small, private school with a close-knit community feel to at least check out the school. You will not be let down!

Venessa

Great academic school

Great academic school

KoL
Seton Hall is Great!

Seton Hall is Great!

Seton Hall University is great. If you want to focus on academics, they have plenty of opportunities for you to get involved and build up your skills.

CICILY
SETON HALL UNIVERSITY

SETON HALL UNIVERSITY

Seton hall university is one among the best universities found in New Jersey. With its catholic background it therefore cherishes the Christian values ,and hence rated the best academically and morally.

Kylie Lan

Dedicated students and some great programs, like Diplomacy and nursing.

Dedicated students and some great programs, like Diplomacy and nursing.

Many commuters so those who stay on campus become very close.

Practicalities: A Heads Up When I flew home from New Jersey to Florida for first year Christmas break, I realized if college has taught me anything it has taught me that I took many things for granted while living at home. For example: the ability to wake up and get breakfast without having to bundle up with a at least two shirts, long pants, a thick pair of socks, boots, winter jacket, a scarf, gloves, and a hat to brave the cold, the rain, or worse- the cold rain. My advice for soon-to-be college students is to stock up on food for the dorm because there will be times when you don’t want to trek across campus to the dining hall. Also ramen noodles really are a college student’s best friend. At three in the morning when no one will deliver food and you still have an essay to finish, you will be so glad to have ramen.

Anthony

A small school with a decent social life, nice campus, and a great academic environment.

I would tell myself to focus on grades and apply to a variety of schools to give myself options of what school I would prefer to attend and how much debt I would incur. I would also tell myself to not be afraid to attend a community college if my options for a four year school were not as I imagined because a good GPA at a community college can get you a better scholarship for a four year college and limiting student loans should be one of the biggest factors in the decision you make as an undergrad especially if you desire to attend a grad school. Finally I would tell myself to not be influenced by your high school friends, although that may be difficult, you will make new friends in college and high school is a short period of your life. The school you attend for your undergraduate degree can have a large impact on the rest of your life so you should make that decision based on factors that concern you not your friends, even if it seems like a great idea to try and go to college with your high school buddies.

The location because it is on the out skirts of Newark and walking outside of campus at night could be dangerous.

William

The basketball team is a big part of the school. The school colors are appearent everywhere and they dont really push school spirit because everyone has it. Coming here, mostly everyone is proud to be able to get in to a great school so as to have better futures. Even though it is pricey, I am striving to come out of school a winner, just like everyone else with a dream here.

Learn to studyl As a senior in high school I was a great student but my work ethic was questionable, so If I could go back I would instill a work ethic in myself. Because if I want to be able to pay off my student loans then I am going to need a great job and that can only happen if I excel here.

I enjoy the professional atmosphere. The professors are dedicated to making the educational experience worth all the money you pay. The learning is great and it definetely deserves to be a D-1 school. The basketball team is the school's pride and joy so when basketball season comes around, its a blast.

Seton Hall University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.