Fort Worth, TX
Texas Christian University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Texas Christian University

Janice

Because of the area my degree was in, I did not have much time to socialize with others. I don't feel as though I was able to make social contacts out of my area of study . I did pledge a sority but it was very hard t do things with my sisters because I was either rehearsing or performing. I also wanted to pursue another degree at the same time but was not able to due to the demands of my Music degre.

My college experience was the first time I was away from home and on my own. It taught me responsibility for my own actions and the need to establish priorities in order to be successful. My educational courses were great. I learned a great deal in the classroom as well as with interacting with my professors out of the classroom. The practical experiences prepared me for the career choices I am making today. No one in my family had ever attended college prior to my going. I felt that education was important to me and I did every thing I could to get in to college. It paved the way for my other siblings to be encouraged enough to attend school. Three have attained degrees and two have pursued Masters Degrees. Two others have taken college courses. I could not have become the person I am if I had not attended college. Also, attending a Christian school kept me rooted and grounded in my faith. Those experiences continue to play an integral part in my life today. I send thanks and praises to Texas Christian University and my professors.

It is very "people" orientented. They care about the individual student. The classes were small and help was always available. The education was top notched. All of my professors were dedicated and held high degrees. There homes were opened to us and they treated us like family.

Kalyssa

Texas Christian University is a school filled with energetic students, professors that are eager and willing to give you personal help whenever they can, and lots of great activities and opportunities to interact with your peers.

"Don't stress!" The transition from high school to college can be one of the most exciting times of your life! Sure, all the applications take time and can be very stressful, but just remember you are taking the next big step in your life. College is an opportunity to make friendships that will last a lifetime, and the time spent in the classroom and studying will get you even closer to whatever it is you dream of becoming! You'll learn that every minute spent stressing is a wasted one, so relax and enjoy the change. Remember, today is the first day of the rest of your life. What will you choose to do with it?

A student at Texas Christian University strives to be the best they can be in and out of the classroom, is a fun-loving individual looking to find his or her "nitch", and a student that is willing to "learn to change the world."

Madeleine

I think TCU is unique in that it has a small campus feeling but it's located in the middle of a major Texas city. So it offers the best of both worlds.... you don't feel overwhelmed like you might at a UCLA or UT by a school that just feels gigantic. But on the other hand, you're not stuck on a really small town campus where there might not be much else to do.

TCU has a very strong sorority/fraternity life, so if a student was very anti-Greek, I don't think TCU would be a good fit. I also think the campus tends to be extremely conservative in its politics, so a liberal Democrat would often find themselves at odds with their fellow students. The students at TCU also tend to have a lot of money, so a poor student would have a harder time fitting in.

I'm a HUGE "LOST" fan (which premieres next week and often deals with time travel), so the idea of going back in time and revisiting myself as a high school senior is a fun one. OK, first of all, I would advise my senior self to visit college campuses earlier in the year. I didn't start looking until late in the year, and then it was a mad dash to check out University of Texas, Pepperdine, SMU, Arkansas and TCU. Secondly, I would advise my senior self to relax a bit more and not be so obsessed with my studies. I starred in a lot of theater productions in high school, and those experiences would turn out to be just as valuable as my academic studies. Thirdly, I would tell my senior self to get out there and talk to college students on the campuses in which I was interested. With Facebook, there are plenty of opportunities to get the inside scoop. Finally, I'd advise my senior self to ditch my HS boyfriend! He's way not good enough for me, and besides, there are lots of great people and experiences to discover in college! :)

Gabrielle

College is very different from high school. You live in a new place and you have more freedom. If I could go back in time and give my high school senior self advice, I would tell myself that you have to be your own advocate. There is no one there to make sure you get up and out of bed on time. You have to cook your own meals or make time to eat at the cafeteria, which does not always taste as good as mom's cooking. You have to learn to study without someone telling you to. I would tell myself to start learning good study skills in high school, while I still had time to make mistakes without that big of a consequence. I would also tell myself to really become involved in activities and to go to all of the games. You make a lot of friends this way and sometimes these friends can become your study buddies.

Before going to my current school, I wish I would have known to get really involved at the beginning of school. This is the time when most freshmen meet each other and make friends. I also wish that someone had told me that morning classes are not always the greatest idea. College is not like high school, where your mom wakes you up and pushes you out the door for school. In college you have to get up and out of bed on your own and that is not always easy.

I am lucky eneough to be able to go to my top school. However, my school does have few faults. One of the worst is our meal plan. If a student chooses to live on campus, they are required to purchase a meal plan, which can be pretty pricey. Also, we have to sit down and eat, meaning that we cannot take any food out of the building.

Natalie

Texas Christian University has an excellent, well-known business school and journalism school, however, at the moment we are best known for our football team.

Any student looking to find themselves and what they are capable of are great candidates to attend Texas Christian University. It is a liberal arts college that provides opportunies in any field, giving students the chance to try different courses in which they discover their talents and desires.

If I could go back and talk to myself as a high school senior I would tell myself what a financial responsibility college is, especially going to a private university. I did not slack off in high school but if I had of done better academically and done more research I would have had more scholarships available to me. I would not change where I decided to go to college because it is the best decision I have ever made. Not every student finds the college they truly love, and I am exremely lucky to look forward to going to school every day. However, paying for school as an independent frightens me. I wish I had of taken more initiative as a high school student to prepare myself for the amount of money college would empty out of my wallet and I should have wrapped my mind around paying off loans for the next few decades.

Caitlan

My classmates are very participatory, meaning everyone is involved in some kind of activity whether it be social, academic, athletic, community service oriented, etc.

I would definitely advise myself to take dual credit classes NOT AP classes. If you take dual credit classes you automatically get college credit if you pass the class. With AP classes you must make a certain score on the AP test in order to get college credit. I took AP classes and came in with hardly any hours already taken care of. I changed majors, and already having credit for some of the core classes coming into college really would have helped me. Since I only had like one English credit coming in, I will be in school a 5th year simply because I had a year's worth of core classes to get out of the way.

I think any kind of person would love going to this school. It's big enough and sorority/fraternity life is active enough for someone who really wants a social experience. I however didn't join a sorority and am not big on the social events, but still I love the school. It has a great atmosphere and a great location right next to downtown Ft. Worth, so you can always find something to do.

Landon

TCU is a university that provides and excellent experience in every facet of college life, from the dorms, to the football stadium, to the classroom.

With the knowledge I now possess with a semester of college under my belt, I would advise my former self of the time commitment that college requires, and the work load involved. As a high school senior, school came relatively easy for me. The information that would have been most useful to me as a high school senior would have been a warning that college would require hours in the library and advanced preparation for each and every class. If I could go back to mentor my high school self, I would make myself aware of the time investment ahead. Also, I would tell this naive version of myself about the importance of networking and getting to know many people, from peers to professors to other people in administration. College life puts a significant focus on communicating with others and making connections, relevant both now as well as in the future.

Texas Christian University is a beautiful campus, with a great environment and great sense of community. From the design of the campus to the quality of the dorm rooms to the professors in the classroom, TCU has a great feel to it. Every moment I am on this campus, I know I made the right decision on which school to attend because it simply feels like a great place to be. The environment caused by the aforementioned sense of community brings fellow students together, and provides an enjoyable academic and social experience.

My school is very well known for academics. It is very career based and people are willing to try new things. Teachers encourage students to take part in leadership roles and be involved on campus.

TCU?s core values are clearly established; my past experiences reflect the same values, from academic achievements to community service. I was committed to organizations that I represent, and I have held many responsible leadership positions in organizations such as community theatre, charity league, and church choir. I have played small roles, such as taking pictures, and large roles like planning community service projects. I have traveled a lot , and I believed I have a broad perspective that would be particularly beneficial. I?m organized and a good problem solver. I enjoy learning new things and meeting new people. I teach a musical theatre and tap class to kids. I learn a lot from them, and I have learned how to communicate better. If the kids cannot understand me, I must figure out a different approach. I?m very patient, and I have become a good listener. I?m there if someone needs to talk, and I try to help them in any way I can. Looking at all of these traits I wish I had applied them earlier in my college career. I would have also got out o my box way sooner.

Someone who is willing to try new things. They have to be able to think out of the box and try rally hard in school. I also think that they have to willing to be open to different ideas.

Micah

A societal issue that is of significant personal importance to me and that you must be sure to avoid is the uncontrollable need to conform to the stereotypical assumptions with which you are identified. Although some conformity is a necessity in order to preserve unity, diversity should abound in order to provide a segue that allows individuals to break free from the stereotypes that they have been subjected to throughout their lives so that they can become successful in society. Society incessantly suggests that individuals should enter into a constant struggle of conforming to the expectations that society imposes on them. This decision to concede to the perception of society is detrimental to an individual?s integrity and demonstrates a nature that is treacherous and self-rejecting. Being the editor-in-chief of the high school newspaper, diversity is important so that the ideas and talents of different individuals can be acknowledged, represented, and expressed. Each member is encouraged to embrace their unique strengths and operate to their full potential, so that the possibilities are not left undiscovered but are utilized to their full extent.

I believe that the welcoming atmosphere found throughout the TCU campus is the best thing about my school. It gives the students a sense of belonging and allows them to feel more comfortable around others. All of the students are very kind and compassionate and their friendly personalities is a comforting fact about TCU.

I wish that I would have known how difficult the transition is from high school into college. I understood that it would be hard to be away from my family and my home, but I wish I would have known the extent of these difficulties. It takes to time to get acclimated to being away from the people that have been there for you for 18 years of your life, and I believe everyone should know and be prepared for the feelings that accompany leaving home.

Texas Christian University is a school that is filled with people who want nothing more than to make the world a better place, and is able to provide the tools and teachings that students need to grow and prosper.

I tell my friends that TCU is more than a school, it is a community of students and teachers working together. There's never someone not willing to help. The campus is beautiful, and in an amazing city. The school always has activities and programs to participate in so there's never a dull moment.

Knowing what I know about college, I would tell myself not to panic. When I got to TCU, I drew into myself. I was in a different place, away from all the people and things that I knew, and I didn't know what to do. I would tell myself to not be afraid of speaking to people in classes, of hanging with the people I met at Freshman Camp. I would tel myself to not worry about everything, about doing well in class, making friends, meeting people, being away from home, because everything turned out alright in the end.

Texas Christian University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.