Fort Worth, TX
Texas Christian University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Texas Christian University

TCU is very friendly and laid back with a high standard for education.

TCU is very friendly and laid back with a high standard for education.

The small class size and individual attention from faculty and staff.

College has been a learning experience all around. I have not only learned through academics, but also about people. Learning people's tendencies and behaviors has been very interesting to me. Having to resolve conflicts with people has been quite an experience since every person handles situations differently. I have learned, while in college, how to adjust to different personalities. My college experience has been absolutely amazing and I coudln't have asked for a better school to attend. I have learned many life lessons and have been able to experience many job opportunities in my field of psychology. I value my education, so attending college has been valuable in itself. I want to pursue my doctorate, so receiving my bachelor's degree was the first step. I will soon be enrolled in University of North Texas's Educational Psychology Master's Program as my next step in pursuing my doctorate. Mostly, my undergraduate experience has been just plain fun (with lots of work in between)!

Katie

TCU is all about pride, we are "horny for life!"

TCU is all about pride, we are "horny for life!"

People think that TCU has one population: the sorority girl and the fraternity boy, but our students represent many ethnicities, cultures, economic statuses, and gender, and everyone can find their place here.

TCU has been a place where I can call home. I live on campus, and have a community in my building. I joined a sorority, and gained new sisters to my family. I love that I found a place that has given me a second family. I will graduate with a degree in Early Childhood Education. TCU has one of the best programs in the area, and I can't imagine studying anywhere else. It has been so valuable to be to be able to do field experience since my first semester of college, which is academically one of the most valuable things that TCU can offer me for my future. But also, just as important as the academics, is my new community and family that TCU has given. College is about experience, and so far, these experiences have made everything worth it.

Ryan

Its a medium size private school with a fun and energetic atmosphere with lots of available options for academic and extracurricular growth.

Through my experience in college, I have learned what it takes to manage time properly, made several friends, branched out spiritually and emotionally, and become involved in things I wouldn?t have had the opportunity to otherwise. I have grown as a person and become more well rounded. College is a valuable stepping stone in growing up. Without these experiences, I wouldn?t be the same as I am now.

Its a bit on the expensive side, although there is several scholarships available.

Pazely

There are so many things I have gotten out of my college experience. Not just a great education but the feeling of being successful. I love going to school knowing that when I'm done I am going to have a great career. The college experience has made me feel like I have achieved more in life. It lets me know I am headed in the right direction. Not only that, attending college has let me get the hands on experience to my future career, which makes me look forward to it more. Going to college and experiencing it has also motivated me to want to go on further in my education. In that sense college is very valuable and not just in the beginning but when you finish too. Pushing myself to go to college has allowed my confidence to sky rocket and I know I can do anything.

Janice

Because of the area my degree was in, I did not have much time to socialize with others. I don't feel as though I was able to make social contacts out of my area of study . I did pledge a sority but it was very hard t do things with my sisters because I was either rehearsing or performing. I also wanted to pursue another degree at the same time but was not able to due to the demands of my Music degre.

My college experience was the first time I was away from home and on my own. It taught me responsibility for my own actions and the need to establish priorities in order to be successful. My educational courses were great. I learned a great deal in the classroom as well as with interacting with my professors out of the classroom. The practical experiences prepared me for the career choices I am making today. No one in my family had ever attended college prior to my going. I felt that education was important to me and I did every thing I could to get in to college. It paved the way for my other siblings to be encouraged enough to attend school. Three have attained degrees and two have pursued Masters Degrees. Two others have taken college courses. I could not have become the person I am if I had not attended college. Also, attending a Christian school kept me rooted and grounded in my faith. Those experiences continue to play an integral part in my life today. I send thanks and praises to Texas Christian University and my professors.

It is very "people" orientented. They care about the individual student. The classes were small and help was always available. The education was top notched. All of my professors were dedicated and held high degrees. There homes were opened to us and they treated us like family.

Kalyssa

Texas Christian University is a school filled with energetic students, professors that are eager and willing to give you personal help whenever they can, and lots of great activities and opportunities to interact with your peers.

"Don't stress!" The transition from high school to college can be one of the most exciting times of your life! Sure, all the applications take time and can be very stressful, but just remember you are taking the next big step in your life. College is an opportunity to make friendships that will last a lifetime, and the time spent in the classroom and studying will get you even closer to whatever it is you dream of becoming! You'll learn that every minute spent stressing is a wasted one, so relax and enjoy the change. Remember, today is the first day of the rest of your life. What will you choose to do with it?

A student at Texas Christian University strives to be the best they can be in and out of the classroom, is a fun-loving individual looking to find his or her "nitch", and a student that is willing to "learn to change the world."

Madeleine

I think TCU is unique in that it has a small campus feeling but it's located in the middle of a major Texas city. So it offers the best of both worlds.... you don't feel overwhelmed like you might at a UCLA or UT by a school that just feels gigantic. But on the other hand, you're not stuck on a really small town campus where there might not be much else to do.

TCU has a very strong sorority/fraternity life, so if a student was very anti-Greek, I don't think TCU would be a good fit. I also think the campus tends to be extremely conservative in its politics, so a liberal Democrat would often find themselves at odds with their fellow students. The students at TCU also tend to have a lot of money, so a poor student would have a harder time fitting in.

I'm a HUGE "LOST" fan (which premieres next week and often deals with time travel), so the idea of going back in time and revisiting myself as a high school senior is a fun one. OK, first of all, I would advise my senior self to visit college campuses earlier in the year. I didn't start looking until late in the year, and then it was a mad dash to check out University of Texas, Pepperdine, SMU, Arkansas and TCU. Secondly, I would advise my senior self to relax a bit more and not be so obsessed with my studies. I starred in a lot of theater productions in high school, and those experiences would turn out to be just as valuable as my academic studies. Thirdly, I would tell my senior self to get out there and talk to college students on the campuses in which I was interested. With Facebook, there are plenty of opportunities to get the inside scoop. Finally, I'd advise my senior self to ditch my HS boyfriend! He's way not good enough for me, and besides, there are lots of great people and experiences to discover in college! :)

Gabrielle

College is very different from high school. You live in a new place and you have more freedom. If I could go back in time and give my high school senior self advice, I would tell myself that you have to be your own advocate. There is no one there to make sure you get up and out of bed on time. You have to cook your own meals or make time to eat at the cafeteria, which does not always taste as good as mom's cooking. You have to learn to study without someone telling you to. I would tell myself to start learning good study skills in high school, while I still had time to make mistakes without that big of a consequence. I would also tell myself to really become involved in activities and to go to all of the games. You make a lot of friends this way and sometimes these friends can become your study buddies.

Before going to my current school, I wish I would have known to get really involved at the beginning of school. This is the time when most freshmen meet each other and make friends. I also wish that someone had told me that morning classes are not always the greatest idea. College is not like high school, where your mom wakes you up and pushes you out the door for school. In college you have to get up and out of bed on your own and that is not always easy.

I am lucky eneough to be able to go to my top school. However, my school does have few faults. One of the worst is our meal plan. If a student chooses to live on campus, they are required to purchase a meal plan, which can be pretty pricey. Also, we have to sit down and eat, meaning that we cannot take any food out of the building.

Natalie

Texas Christian University has an excellent, well-known business school and journalism school, however, at the moment we are best known for our football team.

Any student looking to find themselves and what they are capable of are great candidates to attend Texas Christian University. It is a liberal arts college that provides opportunies in any field, giving students the chance to try different courses in which they discover their talents and desires.

If I could go back and talk to myself as a high school senior I would tell myself what a financial responsibility college is, especially going to a private university. I did not slack off in high school but if I had of done better academically and done more research I would have had more scholarships available to me. I would not change where I decided to go to college because it is the best decision I have ever made. Not every student finds the college they truly love, and I am exremely lucky to look forward to going to school every day. However, paying for school as an independent frightens me. I wish I had of taken more initiative as a high school student to prepare myself for the amount of money college would empty out of my wallet and I should have wrapped my mind around paying off loans for the next few decades.

Caitlan

My classmates are very participatory, meaning everyone is involved in some kind of activity whether it be social, academic, athletic, community service oriented, etc.

I would definitely advise myself to take dual credit classes NOT AP classes. If you take dual credit classes you automatically get college credit if you pass the class. With AP classes you must make a certain score on the AP test in order to get college credit. I took AP classes and came in with hardly any hours already taken care of. I changed majors, and already having credit for some of the core classes coming into college really would have helped me. Since I only had like one English credit coming in, I will be in school a 5th year simply because I had a year's worth of core classes to get out of the way.

I think any kind of person would love going to this school. It's big enough and sorority/fraternity life is active enough for someone who really wants a social experience. I however didn't join a sorority and am not big on the social events, but still I love the school. It has a great atmosphere and a great location right next to downtown Ft. Worth, so you can always find something to do.

Texas Christian University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.