Fort Worth, TX
Texas Christian University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Texas Christian University

Jackson

If you're not rich, white, straight, and generally otherwise privileged, don't go here. Seriously - it'll be really hard to make friends. Being a gay guy on campus has been extremely alienating, and I really just want out. The journalism program is amazing the academics are great, and the facilities are pristine, but the culture is overwhelmingly rich, straight, white, and conservative. If you're all of those things, you'll have a fine time at TCU, but if you're not, you will face endless hardships. There's a complete lack of diversity and representation of minority groups, which makes it nearly impossible to enjoy your college experience (or even learn) if you're part of one. Greek life is, again, overwhelming. If you don't fit in with the frat crowd, you won't fit in here. Great academics, great professors, great administration, but terrible overall experience if you don't come from money and/or belong to a minority group. I'm looking to transfer as soon as possible. I always thought I would love college, but TCU has completely ruined that for me.

Meighan

TCU is an amazing school with amazing opportunities no matter what you're interested in. Getting involved on campus is easy; Greek life, sporting events, and frequent on-campus events make going to TCU feel like summer camp. There's a great night-life scene, and you'll run into the same people in the library as you will at the bars.

I absolutely love Texas Christian University. I can't imagine going to another campus.

stacy

I love TCU it is my first choice and I can't wait to be a horned frog

I love TCU it is my first choice and I can't wait to be a horned frog

Brenda

I love it! The school spirit is contagious and you fall in love with everything about the school very easily. Professors are available and care about your success. It's a hard earn degree what will get you places. Further, the administration cares about all of their students. As a minority student, I've seen the Chancellor actively listen and make changes that will benefit the students who are minorities.

Truth

WARNING: MKULTRA AND SAUL SELLS! "Dear Campus Life, if Karen Morgan is still there, and Linda Wolszon at the Counseling Center, Saul Sells, a prominent social psychologist at TCU, did a "bioelectric signal" experiment for project 119 of MKUltra. As seen here: https://mccoyote.wordpress.com/sub119/ In September of 2014, Amanda Swartz, your Psy.D, decided to project "electrical signals to your brain" which I never said, which I said during that meeting and was laughed at. I had mentioned people warning me about other people, domestic things, and an electrical outage in my apartment, not "electrical signals" and I had never heard of it before. Or really thought about it. I had no idea about MKUltra, Saul Sells, or "targeted individuals." Afterwards, forced off campus and into Mesa, despite my GPA, recommendation letters, attempts from (Name), and me sending an email that weekend of "sorry, nevermind," I eventually had to withdraw, and should have the first week. But that isn't the worst of it. Just 2 1/2 months after TCU's actions and Swartz's projection, I had physical issues in 3 states while traveling January 2015 for almost 2 weeks. I had blood that felt like acid, burning, feelings of blood clots going up and down my limbs, breathing issues like chemicial asthma, hypersensitivity to light, hypersensitivity to air or barometric pressure, and in 3 indoor (not outdoor) locations, my feet and part of my legs swelled up. I had no "mental health" history before TCU's actions. I've also had issues with static electricity, my devices, and more. Also, I've been tortured in every emergency room or psych ward that I've been in since. In Washington state, I wasn't believed about poisoning. I mentioned TCU, and immediate restraints as well as past AFTER Mesa. Also, the "saline" solution reacted with my blood and made it feel like acid, burning, all over my blood. Because of projecting "psychosis" and these so-called "electrical signals" you totally and completely set me up for more MKUltra like experimentation. I've had more "targeted individual" like things, as well as incorrect ideas due to survival instinct on overdrive. Just yesterday, my Iphone was vibrating. You should check into Everyday Psych Victims Project, which I created against "mental hygiene." The point is, before you PROJECT more of these "electrical signals" and send students to psych wards, for your experimentation, you should think, how this will destroy their life, literally. Sincerely, (Name)

Paniyn

It is a school that is worth the money. Professors work hard to make sure students are learning the skills they will need when they graduate and practicing those skills. It is a challenging curriculum, but after each semester, it feels like a success.

ERIC

I would definitely​ recommend this school.

I would definitely​ recommend this school.

Caitlin

I attended TCU for a year before transferring to DU, and... TCU is a really excellent school, academically. I had a few professors who were not so great, but, in general, the professors there are amazing. They are really exceptional. The classes are somewhat rigorous, but it's nothing too intense. If definitely learned a lot in all of my classes, and the class sizes were nice and small for the most part. The campus is beautiful, and everything is well-maintained. There are lots of great resources available. There is also a solid selection of restaurants/stores/etc within walking distance. The residence halls are fairly close to the academic buildings as well, which is convenient. In general, people there were super nice. People will always say "hi" to you, open doors for you, etc, and are just very outgoing and friendly overall. The only major downside, however, is that TCU is pretty much the least diverse environment I have ever been in. Almost everyone is very white, very rich, and from the south. You'll occasionally hear people talking about a "TCU bubble" in reference to the fact that most TCU students have never been exposed to poverty/people who are different from them/etc, and that is true of a lot of people who go there. Like I said, people are very nice and polite there, but if you aren't rich, aren't white, aren't straight, aren't from the south, and/or don't dress and act a certain way, you might feel a little out of place. To other side of that coin is that, in my experience, TCU students are usually very accepting and open-minded, which is awesome. Also, Greek life is huge at TCU. It can be hard to make friends and find social events/parties to go to if you don't join a fraternity or sorority. If you are into Greek life and want to get involved, TCU is a great choice. If you don't want to participate, you may feel alienated.

Isabel

Texas Christian University is the place to be when it comes to academics, football, and community. The intelligence of the professors are what makes each of the students great and strive for bigger and better things. Along with great professors, the campus is designed so beautifully in purple and decorated with horned frogs at just about every corner. New flowers are always in bloom, grass is always freshly cut, and the fountain is always spraying water to give this campus its amazing environment. The students that attend this university have just about everything any college can offer. The dining halls are exceptional for meals, the library offers many great services other than books, there are many organizations and student led events that also make it fun to come here.

Texas Christian University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.