Fort Worth, TX
Texas Christian University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Texas Christian University

Alina

I fell in love with TCU the moment I got there. I was originally not planning on attending a private university, but one day after an interview at another nursing school- my mom and I decided to stop on campus on our way back home. I was sold. Everything was purple, the stadium was huge, and complete strangers would stop to say hello. The nursing building stands alone, completely renovated, along with fully functioning labs and mannequins. I got accepted for the Fall semester, and I have loved being here. My professors are all very intelligent, and all I see are opportunities and resoruces for success. I am a minority here, and I am not in greek life, and on top of that- I am a transfer student. I have had a little trouble socially but everyone is kind and ready to engage for their education. This is a real college town and I could not imagine being anything but a horned frog.

Callie
love my school!

i love everything about this school--the size, the spirit, the education, the people, the facilities. could not be better!

love my school!

Danika

Especially the first two years, the community on campus can be a little cliquey. Greek life is a big deal, and it takes folks a couple years to figure out it's okay to be friends with people all over campus. Generally people aren't rude about it, but those first two years they don't go out of their way to include those outside their immediate group either. It does get better, though, and it's a time worth waiting for! Some of my closest friends came from all different extracurricular walks of life.

The opportunities! No matter what you study, opportunities to excel are incredible. I had one friend leave school for a year to work an internship with NASA, and now she's on the permanent staff there. Another traveled to South America to spend half a year doing environmental research. A third is currently reporting on the political situation while living in Washinton D.C. as an extension of a job she got through TCU. And I'm working at Walt Disney World, with a Master's program in my field lined up for this coming fall!

Factor in change. Maybe you think that college will help you grow stronger and more rooted in your current beliefs and persona, or maybe you plan for college to be your chance to make a Big Break away from the person you were before. I don't know which it will be for you; it might be both. (It will probably be both.) Regardless, when you're looking at schools, make sure to plan for change because in some way, change WILL happen. Look for schools that support a diversity of people. Look for schools that foster dialogue between different communities. Look for schools that encourage their students to interact hands-on with the world around them. Avoid schools like the plague who place too much value on group pride at the expense of cross-pollination. The worst thing you can do for yourself is to limit yourself to your 18 year-old self. Choose a school that supports who you are today, and will support who you'll be next week, next month, next year, and further on. As long as you do that, you've made a great choice.

Danika

Especially freshman year, everyone is pretty clique-y. TCU has a LOT of Greek organizations, and then all the non-Greeks bond, so everyone stays in those borders at first. People stop caring so much junior year and mix around a lot more, but the first two years can be rough.

Someone who wants to get in, get out, and just come out the other side with a degree. TCU asks students to be engaged in learning in and out of the classroom, so if you aren't prepared and ready for the personal growth that accompanies that, don't come here.

Yazi

I want you to know that having fun and studying are important to balance out, but academics are priority. Think about it like this, Yes you will have a great time going out with friends, but that happiness will only last for that night. Although it may not be the most fun, having good grades will let you be able to have some once in a lifetime experiences that will be fun and may end up giving you a happy and stress free future. So please make it a priority to get good grades because if you don't, eventually those nights out won't be as fun because you'll know that it isn't what you should be doing and it may be the last time you get to have fun like that. You need to be the mature one out of your friends because it's your future. They may be ok with occasionally slacking off but you are different and know you can't do any slacking without failing. Listen bud you can achieve what you want, just don't let the freedom over take who you want to be in the future. YOU GOT THIS.

monica

The one unique thing tat TCU, is the impact it's had on me. It's a home away from home and its helped me find out who I am and who I want to be. I transferred from another univeristy and I didn't feel challenged, I didn't feel any growth, now don't get me wrong I did have a good experience but I needed to figure out my life on my own, and TCU helped me with that. It helped me find me voice, and helped me find the path I wanted to take.

Dear High School Self, First off, that boy who broke your heart & you're crying about right now, well guess what! Soon enough a man is gonna come along in about three years & is going to make you forget all that pain. And guess what happens over those next three years, you're going to gain A LOT of weight (freshmen 15 is real), you're going to change degrees, & don't worry you made the right choice because IT'S WHAT YOU WANT, not what your parents wanted (but listen to your parents they will always be your support system so don't take it for granted), don't listen to the doubt inside your head, you're tougher then you seem, also choose wisely in your friends some of them are going to be lasting friendships and some are only temporay (make them worth it!) & don't worry about what other people think of your racial/social/economic status that isn't what determines who you are as a person that is your character. Last but not least have faith in not only yourself but in God, every day is a fresh start, don't waste it.

The worse thing about my school is the being judged based off of my econmic background. I lucked out, I made friends who didn't care but that doesn't mean I haven't met a people who do. Alot care about what you're wearing if it's Tory Burch or Lulumelon, or that you vacation all over the world all the time. Some people have that luxury and I never hold it against them, but some hold it against me as if I'm not good enough by the clothes I wear or how much my parents make.

Hailey

Two things I consider to be bad about this university is the price of tuition (and it being raised). My family can't afford it and I may have to withdraw from the only the school that made me embrace who I really am and grow into myself. The other bad thing about this univeristy is the lack of diversity. There are many international students, but I mainly only see people of my race out and about. I would love to meet more people with diverse backgrounds.

The best thing at this university is the academics. It's tough coming from a fairly easy high school, but I learn new things everyday, am challenged in every classroom to think critically. Outside of the classroom I've learned just as much, if not more. Living not only on your own, but with someone you've just met, is extremely difficult. I learned quickly how to work with other people around me, and I've learned how to manage time efficiently. I've learned to become a responsible adult in just one semester.

Although there seems to be no way to really prepare oneself for college, the advice I would give myself as a senior in highschool would be to challenge myself. I always took the easier route, thinking, "It's my senior year, I don't really want to work hard, and shouldn't have to." Senior year was always about doing what had to be done to graduate and get it over with. I never would have thought how that lazy behavior would affect me in college. I definitely would have told myself to take those Dual Credit classes, even if the credits didn't transfer, just so I could better prepare myself for incredibly hard college classes. Looking back, I don't necessarily regret my decisions in high school. I'm attending the university of my dreams and kept up a decent GPA despite the rough transition. I suppose if I could only say one those to my high school senior self, it would be, "Don't worry. You're going to do just fine."

Shelby

You are beyond capable. You have endless potential, it is only a matter of harnessing that potential. While academics come easily to you right now, use this time to start brushing up on your study techniques because you cannot underestimate how grueling your first semester will be if you do not. Also, do not worry yourself about fitting in. You will have countless opportunities to make friends and find your place. You have to remember that almost everyone else in your class feels the same way. Really try to focus on finding who you are as a person. This is the first time you've been out on your own and there is truly no better time to learn how you function by yourself, especially under stress. This way, you can start finding ways to constructively handle that stress before you are immersed in the adult world and really on your own. Just remember, you are capable of overcoming whatever comes your way.

The worst thing about my school is the lack of diversity. It has all the right tools to culture a transitioning adult, but does not offer the cultural variety needed to trully develop someone as an accepting and progressive adult.

A person who wants academic rigor should attend Texas Christian University. My school also prides itself on professional development and networking so any student who is looking for hands on education should come to TCU.

Tammy

This place is A SCAM!!!! Do NOT go there. It's built around luring students in with a falsifying website and promotionals which make it better than it is. You go there, your GPA could possibly drop PURPOSEFULLY, which they are doing to falsely in-flate their rankings (why have they climbed up so quickly?), with bad teachers, textbooks which don't match with schoolwork, pop quizes w/o adequate lecturing.. and did I mention, their financial department uses MANUAL machines to count your finances? They will ONLY refund you in $20 bills, instead of $100s, so I think they ripped off $100 from the $1000 I was supposed to get by counting it wrong. Then they say they have no $100s, then they make it EXTREMELY difficult to get back your refunds, from say, a scholarship, by only giving you $100 PER DAY. THEN their bookSTORE seems larger than their library, which is only 3 stories. THEN their Spanish "book" is $157 for like some skinny thing which doesn't even follow the class, and they don't use it really or give out homework (there's no homework in ANY of their classes, btw, just POP quizes and Q&As where you learn WRONG answers from other stuents)... then one prof actually SCARED one student and like every day asked if they thought they were scared. They DON"T want to give you your money, but TAKE everything you have for lousy curriculum, horrible professors who don't even teach, horrible textbooks (or lack of them in some classes - then the prof will tell you to write terms down and learn them, but doesn't even explain them or give textbooks which define them).. students there have LOW GPAS there, ON PURPOSE, to falsely in-flate their rankings.. then let me tell you a secret, if you go to their counseling office, WATCH OUT. Only an insider could tell you this, you could get sent to a mental hospital. Odd? It is, I was told honor students, perfectionists ect had been sent to a place for a min of 7 days, and not allowed on campus/go to class unless they do it, then they go back to class, can't keep up, then eventually go home. Their GPAs are TANKED, PURPOSEFULLY. Scary nightmare? You bet it is. Especially if you go there on their GPA scholarships, which are the only scholarships they offer (no fin need ones), so you cannot afford it anymore. Then that sinks into a financial hole anymore. I've been to other universities/colleges before, the textbooks, materials are the same or even better, the place is a scam, and really, be careful, especially about your GPA and that counseling center, and also the financial services department. It's a lie.. also, there's almost no club activities on campus, although their website claims there are 140 clubs, their GK almost disbanded for 4 years, e.g., and there is no Associate Students or any class elections. Also, there's really no system to help students' GPAs with tutoring, resource centers, ect. They claim at orientation there is some, but there really isn't, and they want you to pay for it. It's all a business and a little scary considering how people get scammed. Watch out for that place.

Snobby, clone-like, materialistic, racist, sexist, don't like dissenters or people who think out of the box... put people down frequently, non-cooperative... I'd say, yes, and in ways you don't expect. Like they won't say it to your face they are, they just do it passive-aggressively. But it could also be the area, as well. I don't think this is new at all.

Sororities and Frats, and people who worship the school and everything about it. The ones who conform, rather than question or speak up about things. The ones who don't innovate. Aka group think. Obviously, since the clubs and associated students don't seem to really exist or have much activity. The latter I think was never even publicized.

They look similar mostly.. and unfortunately, have bought into the scam. They don't question professors, the school's process, or anything around them. They do as they are told and don't think for themselves.

Lousy and falsely inflated... I could get same textbooks at other places and better professors

Kendall

TCU is best known for winning the Rose Bowl in 2011, and also its strange mascot. A few media blowouts have also given TCU a not-so-fantastic reputation for drug problems, a facet of the school that is easily avoidable and forgotten. As an insider, TCU has an excellent reputation for its near ivy league academics, highly competitive acceptance rate, and top ranking business and nursing schools.

TCU is an incredibly open, accepting, and affirmining university. The Horned Frog community is very inviting to all types of people, including all genders, races, creeds, orientations, and types. This school fosters a union of the student body within itself and also its adminstration and educators. The overall vibe is a perfect balance of relaxed and upbeat. There is never much drama or he said, she said. I have found the community to be full of love and drive.

I was never a party person in high school. I was the student who would study through the night for the peace of mind to sleep with assurance and confidence for any upcoming tests or quizzes. Now, as a college student, I would tell myself as a senior in high school to value the remaining time with those dear hometown friends, the ones who, like you, will travel to new places, meet new kinds of people, and grow physically, spiritually, and emotionally in a place different from you. You will long for those easy nights of stargazing in a quiet field with those you love dearly, you will miss the friends who, with spontaneous and excited hearts, you grew so close to. However, just as much as you will miss them, know that you will make equally important and substantial new relationships that will open the horizons of your own world. To myself I would say, prepare to love; to know the love that you already have, to make new love, and most importantly, prepare to love yourself. For the first time, you will begin to recognize and shape the person you truly are; love that person.

Texas Christian University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.