Fort Worth, TX
Texas Christian University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Texas Christian University

Gabrielle

The small school size, it is not a big school but there is enough people so there is diversity with the feel of a smalll school. The professors care about the students and it is a one on one learning experience. There are tons of ways to get involved on cammpus and become a better leader through the leadership program. It is a christian school so the religious presecene is nice as well.

First important thing I would advise myself is to form good study habits. College is completely different than high school, there are a only a couple of classes a day and there seems to be alot of freetime. However the freetime is suppossed to be used for studying, if the class is worth three credits there should be dedicated three hours of studying for that class a day. It can be a rude awaking if you didn't really have to study in high school, so to ease the transition gain good study habits early. Apply to schools early as possible, it opens up more doors for scholarships. I made the mistake of waiting to apply to some schools and missed out on the date to receive scholarships. It's really hard to earn scholarships outside the school so apply early. Lastly, don't be afraid to try new things. College is about discovering who you are and what you want to do. I found out many new things that I loved like just by going out and trying a club or a class I was interested in taking. College is a great opportunity to learn and recieve new opportunities.

More and more students are being accepted and there isn't enough room. It's difficult to get a scholarship if you didn't get one coming in

valerie

TCU is probably best known for the school spirit on and off campus. If you say you're a graduate from TCU at a job interview or something, people are very proud to say they went there also.

Well first off I would tell myself to apply for as many scholarships I could and just to be more proactive than I actually was. I would also tell myself that, TCU is an amazing school and I should've picked it a lot sooner than I did. I'd also say that I shouldn't be scared about being somewhere where I know no one at all, it's not as bad as it seemed at the time. I would also tell myself that going to school at TCU is the next chapter in my book and after I graduate from here, my education will allow me to make the right desicions that are the best for my future.

The at home atmosphere TCU provides. It's a small private school but it's not too small. Everyone is super friendly and they make you want to help others.

Violet

First of all, I don't fall under the TCU stereotypes, which means I'm not white, not rich and not a part of a sorority, and I'm non-religious. I'm at TCU on scholarship and I love my experience so far. TCU size is small enough so the professor would know your name, so you can come by their offices chat chit, and receive personal advices. It's big enough so you meet new people everyday and don't have to worry about the whole school gossiping behind your back. TCU cares about the community. Check out our flashmob video to support the breast cancer foundation, with 1500 people dancing in the 105-degree summer day. We have LEAPS, a day that the whole campus would go out to the Fort Worth area and do community services. There are countless opportunities to give back to the community. Additionally, TCU always has things going on everyday. Yes, every SINGLE day - I mean it. You DO NOT have to be a part of a greek organization to make friends. The school pride is huge, on game day everyone wear purple and we get discounts at restaurants off campus if we wear purple on Friday. I found my place at TCU, and I hope you can too!

What do students complain about most?

Food: the Market square has repetitive food, but you can get creative with it Parking: Chancellor Boschini "We don't have a parking problem, we just have a walking problem" ->Yep some parking lots are faraway, but most are less than 7 minute walks, plus we have shuttles

Be prepared! Classes are FREAKING hard. I know people who are 4.0 in high school and are struggling. But it's make you better so it's good.

Tell us about the sports scene on campus.

Sport is a big part of TCU, especially football and sometimes basketball, baseball

Most of the students at TCU are white, but there is diversity. My Frog Camp has people that literally come from ALL around the world, which is pretty amazing. TCU has a lot of clubs, organizations from everything you can think of, from academic to any kind of interests (yes, we have Quidditch club with serious practices few times a week). There are a lot of religious people at TCU, but there is a place for everyone here.

Tell us about your professors.

I LOVE MY PROFESSORS. If you want to get to know them, you will. They are down-to-earth, funny and will give you advice on literally everything.

Where is the best place to get work done on campus?

I live in Milton Daniel and it's the best place to study, it's quite and people are studious. I think most halls have study lounges too. I sometimes go to the library, the quite section, to study if I need extra focus on homework or study for test. Other places that I sometimes go to: the conference rooms, study rooms in the business school, study rooms in Scharbauer.

What are the most popular classes offered?

Psychology, Astronomy, double-dipped classes

Greek organizations, religious organizations, theCrew, sports.

When you step off campus what do you see?

CONSTRUCTIONS. As said by an upperclassman "Fort Worth is permanently under constructions", which makes sense because Fort Worth is definitely growing. Other than that, there are few good restaurants too.

Why did you decide to go to this school?

I came here mainly for the money, but I'm HAPPY that I'm here now. I can't imagine myself anywhere else.

What's the Greek scene like?

Greek organization is BIG at TCU. They do a lot of philanthropy events as well as party.

Describe the dorms.

The resident halls are ok, there are rooms that are huge but there are somes that are tiny. But that's college, don't expect to have a huge room like the one at home. Most of the halls have suite-style room, which means you share the bathroom/restroom with your suite mates and roommate. Some other, like Milton Daniel, has community bathroom (the best part is: the housekeepers come in and clean it everyday). Most rooms have sink inside so it's pretty convenient. Overall I have not heard any complaints about rooms or resident halls, except when it's too faraway (Brachman)

TCU has a beautiful campus, especially the common!

What are your classes like?

Classes are hard. A lot of reading. But it makes you better so it's good!

YES, TCU has a lot of white, frats people. But so what? They are nice, friendly and very involved. Of course there are certain people may not live the way you do, that doesn't mean everyone is like that. I have friends in sororities and they are absolutely wonderful people.

Karina

If there is anything that is even slightly bad here at TCU, that would be the Greek Life. The statistics that show who is in Greek Life and who is not show that the majority are. As a girl it's not that big of a deal, we make friends with all kinds of other girls whether they're in a soroity or not. But for guys, if you're not in a fraternity it can be a little difficult to get involved.

If I could go back to high school I would tell myself, "Going far aways isn't as scary as it seems right now." I live in New Jersey, and before this year I was a nutrition major, so there aren't a lot of schools with the option of being a certified dietician at the end of your four years, after touring around ten schools, Texas Christian University shined above the rest. So I committed to TCU, almost immediately after committing I was scared more than overjoyed about my decision. All of a sudden in three months I was moving over a thousand miles away from my friends and family. My parents tried to tell me that it wasn't a big deal, but nothing was coping me of my fear. So the time came and I went to school terrified of losing everyone that I love. But when I got here, I developed new friendships, and my ones from home were a FaceTime call away. My family has a group text that keeps everyone posted about our days, and we occasionally call one another just to talk. Moving away turned out to be a blessing, not a burdern.

Someone who doesn't want a family-like community, even after a few weeks here TCU provided a family for us to join. TCU also provides that big school feel with only a small school classroom, so if you want a big school, TCU might not be the place for you.

Jordyn

TCU is the best place on earth, they have everything you need.

TCU is the best place on earth, they have everything you need.

I would tell myself to spend more time at home with my family. I love TCU and it is a great place but I do get homesick. I miss my mom and dad, my room, my bathroom, privacy, knowing the area I live in and being comfortable. I would tell myself to appreciate everything my parents do for me because soon you will have to do everything on your own. I

I wish I would have known that lots of people go greek. Also that a lot of the girls are very similar with their style, personality, and likes. The boys are typically fratty. Basically there is not much diversity in the university, however mostly everyone is friendly!

Courtney

Dear age 17 Courtney, as you start your senior year, work your absolutle hardest on everything. Don't blow off team practices, term papers, friends, or school events just because you are a 'senior' and you are too 'cool' for those things. In a year, you will miss many things about high school. Work as hard as you can, and never give up on your dreams. When situations get tough, stick it out and hold on until you are able to grasp success. Please, Courtney, work hard and appreciate everything, because before you know it, it will all be over. Love, Age 18 Courtney

Christopher

"Ryan, Ryan...pay attention" I would say. I would take whatever book I was reading in the back of the classroom and tell myself to pay attention. I didnt understand math, I was too smart for literature classes, and all of my foreign language teachers had emotional problems. I would tell myself to straighten up and to take all AP classes, take as many math and science classes as possible and prepare yourself for the future instead of day dreaming about it.

it is treating me better the second time than it did the first time.

Mackenzie

TCU really engages their students. It fosters a community that continually grows. TCU offers many programs and events on a weekly basis that are fun and provide a break from studies. It also has this great sense of school pride as evidenced by their facilities, staff, and even cafeteria workers.

Entering college is one of the greatest opportunities you will ever have in life. It is important to adequately prepare for the next four years to the best of your ability. To begin, remember you are going to college to get an education. Contrary to the movies, college is not just a big party. You and your parents will be paying large sums of money to attend this school. Although there are times to make friends and be social, your priority is learning. Remember, you get out of college what you put into it so be prepared to work hard. Approach classes with the attitude that you are interested in the topic even if you aren't. Trust me, it makes the class go by much more smoothly and often you will get a better grade. Although I am centering on academics, it is equally important to find a supportive friend group. I encourage you to create community within your dorm. Find a close group of friends and stick with them. Be open and willing to try new things, even if you don't really want to. At college you have a new slate, so make the most of it!

The best thing about TCU is the people. Everyone here is friendly and wants people around them to succeed. I don't encounter demeaning peers, teachers, or coaches. I believe that people here are genuinely rooting for each other in life. It fosters this awesome positive environment that cannot be shaken.

If I could go back in time and talk to myself as a high school senior I would advise myself to focus only on school, apply to many scholarships, and be sure what path I want for the future. First, I would tell myself to focus only in school. I would tell me to work harder to get all A’s, bring up my GPA, and score higher on the SAT and ACT. I would also suggest to myself to get involve in an extracurricular activity like a club, community service, maybe a sport. The reason behind all of this: scholarships. I would also tell myself to apply for scholarships. College is expensive and unless one is rich, it’s going to hurt someone’s pocket. Tuition, books, materials, and travel expenses are high even if it is a community college. Finally, I would tell myself to be sure what it is I want to study. Knowing what one wants to do will help reduce the cost of school. For example, one would be sure what classes needs to be taken for a certain degree and won’t waste time and money in an unnecessary class.

Texas Christian University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.