Tulsa, OK
University of Tulsa

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend University of Tulsa

brittany

The university of Tulsa is best known for the small class sizes. The largest class i have been in was only 29 students. I love the fact that ihe classes are small it gives you and the professor a chance toreally get to know each other versus at a big unversity where you have hundreds of students in one class.

If i could go back in time and talk to my self i would say not to be afraid to take chances and don't get hung up on mistakes. Always put yourself out there and take those shots at what ever because in the end it will help you learn that no matter the outcome of chance you still took it and that is sometimes more than what some people can say. Make those mistakes and learn from them you won't be perfect, but college isn't about being perfect. It is about an education. You will learn from your mistakes so take that as some advice or knowledge.

The best thing about the university of tulsa is the feeling of ome on campus. When you step foot on TU you feel like your right at home. You have that Urban Ivy league feel at such a small university. This is the best thing about the university of tulsa because whe you leave for college you will miss home but if you choose TU you are at home.

Gregory

My classmates are intellegent and focused people; many are perfectionists.

My classmates are intellegent and focused people; many are perfectionists.

This school is best known for engineering.

Greg, you are about to study Music Education at The University of Tulsa and the most important thing I can tell you is this: do not worry about money. Those friends that are going to make millions--the girl that you want to provide for--these people may not remain with you forever. Through an arduous process you will discover that money alone is not the reward of a good education. The reward of a good education is to ensure your monetary stability while doing what you love! That is the most fulfilling thing you have ever or will ever experience. For all the days you will spend worrying about your major freshman year, there will be 10,000 more days that you are happy simply because you get to go to work. There are places in the world where people do not get the joy of learning music. You live a blessed life. Focus on giving all of yourself to this education and sharing it with others--you will succeed.

Summer

small enrollment which leads to better one on one time with faculty, staff, professors, etc. I love it and would highly recommend it to anyone looking for a large campus to get the full experience but with more of a family type of environment where it's easy to get to know so many people. Also small class sizes!

To have studied more while in high school, would defintely be something I would tell myself if I could go back in time to when I was a high school senior. I've worked hard so far in college and I probably would've been happier with scores on tests and my grades even though I did better than I even expected. I have high standards but in high school I will admit I did slack off and I regret that but I'm doing well in college and that is all that matters.

Some may think that the challenging course work is the worst, which it can be. Sometimes there are professors that expect almost unrealistic things out of the students but its only because they care and want the students to do above and beyond on and in everything they do and discover.

Bridget

If there were ever a class that could successfully take over the world and do so with finesse and in a way that appeals to the masses, it would be the University of Tulsa student body.

If there's anything I've learned, it's that now-a-days people love concise lists consisting of things they can relate to. The thing about doing this with pieces of advice is that as you type them out, you realize that a lot of the things you "learn" when you go to college are the things that your parents, older family members, and other influential figures told you for the first 18 years of your life and those cliches truly earned their notoriety. So I would advise myself and whoever else to really listen to the words of others even if it at the time it seems like annoying nonsense or irrelevant information. I can type all I want to here but chances are someones mom, dad, grandpa, grandma, english teacher, gym teacher, lunch lady, cab driver, mailman, whoever, has probably already told you in one way or another. So really the greatest piece of advice I could ever give someone in my opinion is to really listen to those around you. You're either going to learn from following someone else's words or learn from ignoring them and well sometimes one's easier than the other.

There is something about this school that makes you constantly thrive to better yourself. It's to a point where if you can't meet these standards and goals that you almost lose hope for a future lavish life and want to crawl into a hole that leads to a community college. (Not that there's anything wrong with CC) So really the worst thing about this school is that the faculty and fellow students make you actually believe that you are capable of achieving greatness and sometimes that's just a little too much pressure.

Paula

Don't worry so much. THAT is your biggest obstacle--not tests or projects or papers but a debilitating fear of failure. As soon as you are able to conquer that fear, you will be happier and more successful.

Someone who enjoys small classes, has an interest in engineering (petroleum engineering is the university's specialty), and values academics above sports

The advising office/enrollment process

Armon

Tulsa University is best known for its overall academic excellence. TU is one of the most premier research institutions in the country, and is highly sought out for the petroleum engineering program. It's also well-known because it is a private school that is located in what used to be the oil capital of the world, which a good portion of TUs majors fall in line with that career field.

I would tell myself that instead of just deciding to go to a small junior college and then transferring, actually go on a college visit or to college weekends and see what might be out there and available for me. I also would have told myself that the funds to go to college will be there for me if I just work hard with my studies and apply for scholarships. So stop letting fear hold you back and understand that in life sometimes there are risks that I am going to have to take in order to make something of myself. I think the last thing I would tell myself is that my decisions from highschool and college will make a drastic impact on my life going forward so make the best of it and know that I can do anything I set my mind to.

The best thing about my school is the way it is cultivating me as an individual and not just a student. I've never been challenged as much intellectually as I have been since joining TU. I used to have a hard time with being disciplined in my studies, but since joining TU, every form of laziness is now being discarded from life. It also has help me understand that nothing worthwhile is easy, but through hard work is attainable. The 11 to 1 student-faculty ratio also gives me a great experience with each professor I have.

april

Small and academically focused with a wide range of international students.

Small and academically focused with a wide range of international students.

Personally, if I could go back in time and talk to myself as a high school senior I would advise myself to live on campus. I have found it quite difficult to live off campus because it makes it hard to work on group projects and has also effected my social life. If I started my college career living on campus then I would have been able to focus better as well as be readily available for study sessions and group projects. Also, it would have been easier to make friends. Also, it would make the transition less difficult on my family. Currently I am struggling with finding the courage to inform my parents that I would like to live on campus for the reasons listed. However, if I chose to do it my first year, it would not come across as offensive to them and they would be more understanding.

Someone who is looking for a large school and who wants an easy course load.

JENNIE

You listen to me, and you listen to me good! Do not. I REPEAT. Do not let others influence you. You know you have homework to finish, a test to study for, a book to read, and/or a paper to write. Don’t let your friends talk you into going out and not studying for your test. Don’t let your boyfriend sweet-talk you out of doing homework. Don’t let your family distract you from writing your paper. I know that smart little brain of yours is yelling at you to tell them NO. There will be plenty of other times to have fun with your friends, boyfriend, and family. It may be hard to say no to them now, but it’ll be harder on you when you see your grades at the end of the semester. Listen to me on this. I’m older and wiser now, so just listen to me and you’ll thank me later.

PEOPLE WHO ARE WORKING FULL-TIME DURING THE DAY TIME. UNIVERSITY OF TULSA IS A VERY TRADITIONAL SCHOOL AND MOSTLY ONLY OFFER CLASSES DURING THE DAY.

Marcus

As a transfer student from the U.S. Air Force Academy, the University of Tulsa will be a fantastic change; almost one extreme to the other. From the stoic and powerful nature of military life to the serenity and uniqueness of a liberal arts school, life brings me to yet another exciting adventure. The University of Tulsa offers the prestige and content of an Ivy League with a home-town college feel, while providing me the perfect opportunity to finish what I started and truly earn my degree in order to pay it forward to the next generation.

As I ponder the subtle nuggets of advice I would relay to my past self, I realize that information abounds. Thoughts flood my mind concerning sleep habits, friendships, self-talk, and free time. First and foremost, the importance of others remains paramount. One cannot succeed on his or her own and must maintain a respect for others. Begin building this habit now as it take a lifetime to master and people will respect you more for it. Secondly, simpletons accumulate knowledge and regurgitate information while scholars gather knowledge, analyze it, and use it to obtain wisdom through experience. Do not allow yourself to become lazy and seek amusement when so much of the world stagnates due to lack of discovery. Finally, actively participate in beneficial hobbies, activities, and social circles. Those one surrounds himself or herself with offer the most influence; either positive or negative. Choose the healthy friends and activities and watch how incredible life becomes. Time one spends earning his or her degree can be a rewardingly fun opportunity. Nonetheless, remember the importance of the active verb "earn." Much of the world assigns an inappropriate and unneeded stigma to the "college experience." Have fun, but earn your future.

As I am a transfer student for the 2015 spring semester, I cannot accurately speak to The University of Tulsa specifically. However, I have accumulated almost 150 credit hours from other accredited institutions and analyze the college experience as a whole. The most governing mantra for me remains: "Get over yourself." The application of this phrase avoids several unfortunate collegiate experiences including irresponsible drinking, arriving late or missing class entirely, forgetting assignments, or uttering the wrong phrase at the wrong time to professors - simply out of naiveté. Respecting others and eliminating selfishness provides the most successful and rewarding college experience.

Zachary

The Small Campus Feel of a Great Private University. The atmosphere at TU is really great, and it's incredibly easy to get involved with campus events.

I would teel myself: "Sleep. Sleep is going to be your most valuable resource for the next few years of your life. You may stay up and have fun now, but you will soon learn the value of sleep. Sleep and studying will be most of your time if you plan to have good grades. Alas, do not despair, although this may sound bleak, you will have fun. You'll make some new friends, and follow your passion. It'll be hard, it'll be tiring, and most of all it'll be fun."

Anyone looking to have fun and learn at the saem time.

University of Tulsa administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.