Bozeman, MT
Montana State University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Montana State University

Addie

I love it! It has an amazing campus and has great people to fill the campus atmosphere. :)

Marleigh
Montana State University Review

Montana State University Review

Montana State University is a great school with lots of activities to participate in. The classes are very engaging while there are plenty of outdoor activities to do on the weekends.

Layton
MSU-Pretty Decent

Great location. Good teachers. Lots of snow.

MSU-Pretty Decent

Great location. Good teachers. Lots of snow.

Ren
It could use some work

It could use some work

Over all a good school. I think the decision makers are spending too much time trying to grow the enrollment and sports are heavily favored over academics.

Bailey

Montana State University is very diverse for being in Montana. This makes this University unique to me, considering I went to another university in Montana and it was not as diverse as it is here.

I would tell myself to do better acedemically in high school and to acheive a higher GPA to receive scholarships or potentially a full-ride. Also I would tell myself to find and apply for as many scholarships as possible. If your like me and have no support from your family even while being in school and you are having to pay for every single thing you have in your life by yourself, a $100 scholarship is the best news ever!

There is no such person that shouldn't join MSU, unless they really can't adjust to the cold weather here since it is winter about 6 months out of the year.

Matthew

I am transfering to MSU from Morrisville State College so when I was at Morrisville my classmates were friendly, inspiring, and we were always sharing ideas and working together through them.

I chose MSU because of the Environmental Design program and the organizations they are affiliated among the program, and also the mountain culture they are part of.

You have to recognize what you enjoy to do in life and go to college for just that. Put the money aside and just go for what you’re passionate about. You know you enjoy designing, building, and adventure. However, I knew someone who had the same interests in high school and went to college for renewable energy because he knew it would be a growing industry to get a job. Later he realized he didn't just want a job. He noticed that when he graduated there was an uneasy and uncomfortable feeling when we was applying for jobs and that's because he lacked the passion. Even though he applied for jobs he never got them because deep inside he knew that he didn't really want them, so he never got them! His real passion was in environmentally conscious design. So he decided to go back to college for exactly that and knew that this time around he would tune more into the connections he would make and the experiences that would find him. So my advice to you would be to recognize what you enjoy doing, do that, and the money and job will follow.

Joe

The most beautiful campus, with exceptional academics, nestled in the heart of the greatest state in America

Research on campus as well as the ability to become a part of it as an undergraduate

Dear me, Don't be scared. You're smarter than you think. Life is about to change so much you won't have any time to worry about what you might lose and that's ok. The people who matter will still be there in the end. Live in the moment and hold your GPA dear to you. You will excel so much if you keep your head in the game. Also, focus on your academics right now and try to get yourself a scholarship. It may not seem important in your shoes but it will be worth it down the road. Love, You

Montana St is the hidden gem of US universities. The staff, student body, and campus are very comparable to well-known D1 schools, but the incredible part is that no one knows about it! It is an amazing school with excellent degree programs, but it comes in a size that is managable. Most credible D1 schools have 30,000+ students, which is too many for me, and D3 can get as small as 2,000, which is too few. MSU, at 16,000, has the benefits of a D1 staff and school at the size of a D2 one.

If I were able to talk to my highschool self, I would need to tell him one important thing: "there is nothing in this world that can stop you from accomplishing what you put your mind to." After an incredible first day of school I was given life-changing news that my dad had passed away of a heart attack. I was stunned and lost on what to do about anything: my family, the funeral, school.... anything that was previously concrete in my reality was now altered completely. After a few days at home I knew in my heart that my dad wanted me to be at school and become who he knew I could. I returned to school that following Monday taking 17 credits as a freshmen, one of which was Calculus 3, so I had plenty to catch up on, but I knew my dad was there to get me through it. After first semester finished, I had earned a 4.0. If I can get a 4.0 in the same semester as my dad's death, I'd like my highschool self to know there is nothing he can't do, no matter the circumstances.

The MSU campus has to be my favorite thing about the University. No classes on campus are more than 10 minutes apart walking distance, and making the walk can brighten your day. Walking past, or even sitting by the coveted duck pond is a relaxing postive impact on even the worst of days. Beyond that, the campus has beautiful buildings and the trees and grass are well kept. Just walking between classes can make the fact that you're walking to class a joy rather than a dread. I'm blessed to be involved in such a beautiful campus.

If I could go back in time and tell my high school senior self anything, it would be: "Don't stop believing in yourself. Life is going to throw so much at you in the future. You can make it through anything if you believe in yourself. Don't worry about tomorrow, keep your eye on the goal but take things one step at at time". As a college student, I often want to tackle every project at one time. It is tiring and wears you down. As a high school student, I wanted to do the same thing. However, in the world outside of high school, it is important to take your time and do things correctly.

The worst thing about Montana State University is the food. Bring Tums.

Aubrea

Montana State University is a place where students can go and recieve a good education all while being able to explore the beautiful outdoors around them. Bozeman has alot to offer for relaxing activities whether it be on campus or around town.

Our school is known for its rivalry between our football team and the football team of University of Montan, its known as the brawl of the wild!

If I could go back in time to give my senior self advice I would tell myself that saving fifty dollars a paycheck will really help out in college when it comes to buying books or paying for tuition. School was alot more expensive than I orginially thought it would be so when the time came to pay for everything I was unprepared for the amount it would cost. I would also tell myself that the dorm rooms are alot smaller then you think so you dont need to pack as much as you originally planned to. Lastly i would tell myself that college is a fun time and you get to meet alot of new people so expect to learn time managemnt!

Montana State University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.