Maryville, MO
Northwest Missouri State University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Northwest Missouri State University

Christopher

Academics and their football program. This year we played in the National Championship and I was a proud alum knowing my school was recongnized at that level. I currently work in Kansas City and often hear others remark on the academic programs at NWMS also.

I enjoyed Northwest Missouri State because it offered ranked academic programs while providing the feel of a smaller school. I was able to participate in sports, attend extracurricular activites on campus, and get to know many of the other students and teachers while concentrating on my academics.

Don't make decisions on who you want to be and what you want to be too hasty. Life is about learning as you go and developing into the person you are meant to be through life experiences. There is always time to live life, so take it. Don't let the timelines of others control your life. If there is a challenge in front of you take it. You will never regret the risk, you may regret the missed opportunity. And, if you mess up..there is always tomorrow to fix what was done today. Find out who you want to be. Enter college ready to find opportunities, not ready to start your career. Study hard and play hard! As long as you keep up with your classwork, enjoy all the other collegiate experiences to the fullist. Managing multiple facets of life is the key to life long happiness. Success won't find you, you need to find success. Use college as your springboard to gain diversity through others, establish connections for the future and find out who you are and the talents your possess. Use those talents, and you will inevitably impact the future!

If I could go back in time to give college advise to myself as a senior, I would say to apply to as many scholarships and grants as possible and start applying as soon as possible. The more scholarships and grants that you earn, the less money you have to take out in loans. I would also advise myself to go on as many tours as I can and to not be afraid to ask questions. Its better to get aquainted with the school of your choosing before you actually move on to the campus because that way you wont feel so overwhelmed once you get there. I've found that the more stressed out you are the more you mess up. Another thing I would tell myself would be to make use of the tutors and the help that the campus provides you academic wise.

The best thing about Northwest Missouri State University is the amount of support and help the school provides its students. Everytime I have a question or I'm stressing about something I know I can go to my advisor and he will provide limitless amount of sources or advise to help me get on the right path. The faculty is always willing to help the students to the best of their abilities.

I wish I had a better understanding of exactly how to manage my time more accurately. I thought i knew how I was going to manage everything without messing up. After the first couple of days, however, I didn't know how I was going to have time for everything. I just wished I had taken more advantage of the sources that the campus offered while I was applying. I think then, I would have been more prepared.

My classmates are the kind of people that can take a joke as well as deal out a few pranks to keep everyone in a good mood.

If I could go back in time and give tips on college life to myself, I would say that there are at least three things I needed to know. Number one is I will be a commuter student and don' t plan on getting to class on time when there is a blizzard warning and the University is still holding classes. Believe it or not "our" car is not exactly a snow mobile and it takes longer to drive, so expect to wake up early. The second tip I would give is that although the tuition is being paid, there are other bills to pay that build up far more than you thought they would. Gas, food, and getting into football games will build up and you will know the true meaning of being a broke college student. The third and final tip is that the professors are not academic ninjas; they do not seek to destroy your grades. You will be fine, just take a deep breath and have fun with the time you have left in highschool with your old friends before you make some new ones!

The best thing about my school is that it is small enough that you recognize people in your class but big enough that you feel like it is a new experience.

Shaun

Northwest Missouri is a Liberal Arts institution, where the professors push you to achieve the grade they know your capable of obtaining.

I would have to say, that I would tell myself to go out and be very vocal around the people living in my residence hall in order to form close bonds and make friends .

I would have to say that the best thing about Northwest other than our Championship Football team, would have to be the scope of possibilities when it comes to the education one can gain through the Maryville campus. The professors are all very open to their students, and will try their hardest to help the students succeed

Kristin

If I could go back in time and give myself advice about college life and making the transition..

I wish I would have known it was going to require a lot more hard work. The course's require a lot of attention and desipline. There are so many fuln activites around campus to get you distracted and you need to have a great work ethic.

A serious student, who is looking for a career should attend this school. It is also a fun place to be with a lot of fun activities and people.

Cassandra

My classmates are a mix which is good. from what I can see, many of them are emphasizing a little more on the academic side compared to others who are emphasizing more on the social side.

The advice I would give myself would be to keep following the path I was on with a few changes. Since about sophomore year in high school I was thinking about college and I began taking dual credit classes my Junior and Senior years. I entered into Upward Bound Freshman year and that gave me a few more credits in which to put under my belt, as well as the experience of college life. One change I would make would be to study more; I never was big on studying, which has led to a slight downfall of my G.P.A.. The second change would be to become more social. The final change would be to become independent earlier. Commuting saves money, but it lacks the true experience of being independent that is needed in the real world.

I like the fact that it is in a town that is much smaller than another, like St. Joseph or Colorado Springs. I also enjoy how many of the students here I know, and the fact that it is not as expensive of some other Universities I researched.

As a senior in high school I was offered the opportunity to play basketball here at Northwest. With much persuasion from my basketball coach and parents I commited and signed in October before my senior season, without looking into any other colleges. I am not satisfied with the basketball program or my decision, and am planning to transfer to UNO in my hometown. If I could go back and give myself advice at that time, I would have told myself not to jump into the contract and at least wait until later in my senior year to make my college decision. I would have told myself to not let others make the most important decision of your life for you even if they are the ones that you trust the most. No one knows what you want except for yourself. I have finally realized this and wish that there was some way I actually could go back in time and give myself this advice. I would tell myself that everyone will respect you and your decision no matter what you choose, so don't be afraid of judgment from anyone, but do what you know will make you the happiest.

I originally came to school here to be a part of the women's basketball team. I made my decision to come here based mainly on what my parents wanted and without looking into many other schools. I wish that I would have known a little more about the basketball program and the way that the coach and team works. I ended up not being satisfied with my experience and think that being more informed and less easily persuaded may have altered my decision to attend school here at Northwest.

Although I have not fully enjoyed my experience here, I do not condemn the school for this at all. I have made many good friends and met lots of people who like it here very much. The people that I have observed to be the happiest with this University are the ones from towns smaller than Maryville, and who are looking for a good social experience. There are many people from very small towns and they all seem to have the same outlook. They find Northwest a great place to have fun, meet new friends and keep them busy.

Justin

Northwest Missouri State University is a place that allows students to reach their academic goals while providing an environment that supports community, encourages individuality, and yields achievement.

As a senior in high school, I found the process of preparing for the next level of my education to be quite stressful. I was never one to jump the gun without knowing the ramifications of my decisions. The fear of not knowing exactly what I wanted to do in life kept me from attending college my first year out of high school and had me questioning my future. I have attended Northwest Missouri State University for approximately a year now. In doing so, I have been able to gain some very valuable insight from my experiences here. If I were allowed to speak with myself as a senior in high school, I would just share two pieces of wisdom. First, I would suggest a more optimistic outlook on our educational future. I wouldn?t be able to stress enough, how important education is in our lives. The second piece of wisdom I would share with myself is the aspect of college as a shaping tool. I would assure myself that even though I was uncertain about my aspirations in life at this point in time, college would undoubtedly provide the means for us to find out who we are.

Northwest Missouri State University is a medium sized school that fits anyone?s budget or educational goals. We are a very community oriented university that takes pride in setting the standards for an excellent educational environment. In my opinion, anyone who doesn't have a passion for learning shouldn't attend. Honestly, there isn?t anyone that would not be a good addition to this program because of its rich diversity and ability to provide numerous academic and sports related activities/interests that help anyone who attends to not only grow as a person but as a symbol for success.

KIERSTON

MAKE SURE YOU KNOW WHAT YOUR MAJOR IS AND WHAT YOU WANT TO DO AS YOUR CAREER, BEFORE YOU PICK A SCHOOL

THE FRIENDLY ATMOSPHERE, THE PROFESSORS AND THE SPORTS TEAMS

SOMEONE WHO WANTS TO HAVE FUN AND MAKE ALOT OF FRIENDS WHILE THEY ARE GETTING A GREAT EDUCATION.

Ben

Its amazing football team, the beautiful campus, the education program, the textbook rental program, the free laptops and being the "Electronic Campus," and its great professors.

Knowing what I know now, I would tell myself not to spread myself so thin. College is so full of opportunities, and it's impossible to take everything in at once and stay sane. Moderation is key when experiencing new situations. I would tell myself to go out more, be more social, meet new people. It's easier to make friends at the beginning of school than it is after about a year, when people have settled. I would tell myself not to allow myself to become stressed about the classes and the work. It can seem daunting at first, but if completed methodically and thoughtfully I would save myself a lot of sleepless nights. Finally, I would tell myself to savor everything. College really is the best part of a person's life, and because of this, it's easy for the four or so years to slip by almost instantly, without a second thought. No matter how hard things may be or how stressful life may seem, college is something many people will only experience once. It's too special a time to agonize over the little things and miss the big picture.

The football team, the teachers, the texbook rental program, and the helpfulness of the staff.

Northwest Missouri State University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.