Northwest Missouri State University Campus Life Reviews

Overall Review for Northwest Missouri State University

Patricia

Northwest is affordable. Professors take the time to help you when you need it and they care about each student. There's a great education program and I feel like I am learning everything I need to become a successful student and future teacher. I would recommend Northwest to any student going into the education program.

Sam

NW MO State University is a great school and learning institution. It's an opportunity to learn more, prepare for adulthood, and beyond. As a Freshman, my experiences and interactions with other students have been rewarding as well as challenging. My desire and goals are to learn as much as possible, ask questions, trust my teachers and instructor's guidance, so my learning experience is correct and rewarding.

Dylan

In my first year at Northwest Missouri State, I have found the environment a wonderful place to learn, grow, and of course have a little fun. Northwest Missouri State has given me the opportunity to find my strengths and grow as person. It is a nice clean campus and the faculty will help you succeed.

Callie

As a outsider looking in I was very impressed with Northwest and decided that it was the college for me after my first visit. I love the atmosphere and energy that the students have. Go Bearcats!!!

Korbin

Northwest definitely has an at-home feeling, and that sense of friendliness and familiarity permeates nearly every aspect of college-living there. The classes tend to be small, the professors are usually engaged, and some of the events are a lot of fun. The surrounding community is pretty dead, but the trees are beautiful in fall.

Meghan

Overall, I love Northwest Missouri State University. The campus and everyone on campus makes Northwest feel like home for all students. There is always something for the students to participate in and everyone is friendly and welcoming. The faculty and staff members are amazing and always willing to help students out.

Ashton

Northwest Missouri State University is an amazing college with plenty of opportunities but also a family community feel. The education department is top-notch but there are also many more majors to choose from. The professors are all there to help you learn.

Renee

Northwest Missouri State University feels like home. Whenever I am on campus, I feel a strong connection to my parents and sister who all graduated from the university. The school offers majors for all types of learners and truly has an activity that is right for everyone!

Anna

I couldn't be more proud to be a bearcat. I absolutely loved going here and wouldn't replace my experience with any other place. There is so many activities to participate in, and when we have a game or its homecoming the WHOLE town is involved. The atmosphere and culture is just incredible and just unlike any other.

Tyson

Northwest is overall an incredible school, as a future teacher, there is no better place for someone to go than here. They prepare each student who desires to be a teacher in order for them to become the best teacher they can be. I participate in the Bearcat Marching Band and game at Northwest are nothing to shy away from, the crowd is loud, the cheerleaders and Steppers are incredible and the band is always playing!

Hans

Northwest focuses too heavily on their athletic programs, and the academia suffers because of it. There is not as much of a variety in degree programs and offered classes as I would like. For me, Northwest does not have any academic aspects that entices students to it that other surrounding schools have. Yes, I am saving money by going to Northwest and am closer to home, but looking back at it I wish that I had gone to a bigger and more expensive school for a greater variety in degree programs and classes. I understand that Northwest is a smaller school and doesn't necessarily have the budget for more degree programs. Or maybe Northwest would have more of a budget for academics if they leaned less on their athletics. However, many class sizes are small, which provides more opportunities to interact with the professors. I rarely have trouble seeing a professor outside of class if I need additional help.

Savana

Being a student here at Northwest was one of the best decisions I have made. When I go to class, it is maybe 30 people in the room with me, not hundreds in a lecture hall. That is one of the reasons it's so easy to like this college and Maryville in general. You'll easily meet people you will see all over campus, and you will feel connected and a part of it's culture right at the start.

Amber

I think this school is highly qualified in all areas it offers degrees. Most of the professors from my high school went to this school, so I knew that this was personally an exceptional school for my major. There are highly qualified professors and staff that work in the university. There are also around 200 groups to join that cover varying interests. The school works very hard to make people feel welcomed in the campus, and there is a great and helpful community here. It has a very diverse community, an the tuition is low, with a large amount of scholarships, grants, and financial aid available.

Noah

The campus is pretty good. All students get access to the free food, which is a big plus for me. Most people are friendly and look to help. If you want a party school this is it. There is always a party or some form to social event going on. The sport culture is huge as well.

Danny

Back in my young grasshopper days, I was so eager to move away to college and live the whole experience- random roommate, campus dining, study sessions, and various activities. As a senior, I have totally lived up the “college experience”, only thanks to Northwest Missouri St. giving me all the opportunities I could wish for. I applied for on-campus random roommate three years in a row, I bought a meal plan for three years living on campus, attended every study session the amazing professors offered, and participated in numerous student activities held by Student Activities Counsel (SAC). All this is great, and I could go on for days about their resume, but I’m most excited about the atmosphere this University offers. It doesn’t tell you on paper about the emotional experience you gain as a student here. I feel a part of the University, attached and married. This place is my home, and I couldn’t leave it for a day.

Madison

NWMSU is a great college with a beautiful and welcoming campus. When I first moved in, the faculty and students were welcoming and helped to make the transition from high school to college as easy as possible. The campus is the perfect size, not too big and not too small. You are able to walk from one side of the campus to the other in about 10 minutes. The same goes for students, its small enough that you can make friends and see them around, but big enough that you can avoid someone you don't want to see. The teachers I've had are always responsive and helpful, and care about their students' success. Class sizes usually range from about 20-30 students, so you can connect personally with your teachers and your peers. NWMSU also has a safe and well lit campus. As a female I feel comfortable and safe as I walk to and from my destinations, even at nighttime. If you are considering attending NWMSU, it is a college I recommend.

Northwest has been my dream school for awhile. I have been here for a year almost 2 now. The classes are small, the instructors are always there and care a lot, great price, friendly people EVERYWHERE including the town. however it was not all it was cracked up to be in the aspect of getting to graduate. they are currently revamping there academic plans to graduate in a way that impedes transfers and upper level class-men. it is for the better but it sucks to be almost done then get told you have more classes to pay for and take before you can leave. college is starting to feel like a money suck and i just hope it is worth it when i get to my career.

It is a very affordable school with a great community. They offer good scholarships along with in-state tution for certain states. The football team is very well known but all supported. They have a good amount of clubs and activities. Great school wouldn’t go anywhere else.

Kaisee

Northwest is a great place that has a strong college community as well as community that is very supportive of the college. You definitely have a small town feel in a larger area. Teachers there truly care about you during school and post-graduation. They are always finding ways to help you become successful. You are not treated as a number at Northwest you are treated as a human being!

Reilly

I love the university, everyone on campus is friendly and kind. The faculty all want to see you succeed and provide free tutoring and group study sessions to all students. Textbooks and laptops are free so that cuts down on cost which was a major thing for me. Also the community loves the college and its students and are always welcoming.

Mason

Great place to study, play sports, and create your own niche! Outstanding staff and facilities!

Asha

As a whole, I love Northwest! The many cultures on campus have opened my eyes and mind to new opportunities to learn about the world through the experiences of others. Also, I because of Northwest, I never would have gotten to meet some of my amazing friends, learn how to independence, or grow mentally.

Callie

I felt welcome the moment I stepped on campus grounds. I love the atmosphere and the overall vibe of Northwest. Go Bearcats!

Heather

I have always dreamed about going to Northwest Missouri State University since I was a little girl. Once I moved there my freshman year I know I could call it my second home! The education department is excellent and makes you excited for your future career!

Destinee

Northwest overall is a great school wth get resources, academics and extracurricular activities. They're so many opportunities for you to learn more and to participate in the schools activities. I love this school honestly the only problem would be the food! We do have a lot of fast food places but the regular Northwest food is okay.

Dante

Overall, I think Northwest is a wonderful school. The teachers are nice and accommodating, allowing students to connect with one another both inside and outside the class room. I haven't had a class that I absolutely couldn't stand, which is a nice change from high school. I would definitely recommend others to come here.

Guilherme

It is a great school! Although it is relatively small, you have everything you need. Teachers are always available. It's located in a small city so there's nothing to do much. Small schools also suffer from less technology and money than big schools.

Dustin

I love it! Felt like home the moment I arrived. My academic advisor is extremely helpful. There are regular study groups if you need extra support. Lots of Fun activities throughout the year to keep up student morale. Our Bearcat Football and Basketball can't be beat!

bridget

The campus is beautiful, there are many trees and wildlife on campus. I love walking to class and seeing the squirrels playing. We also have a beautiful lake on campus where I like to sit and do homework and feed the fish. We also have a very large amount of student organizations on campus, there is something for everyone to do. I would definitely recommend this college to anyone who is trying to go to a cheaper college but still has all the expensive college essentials.

Halli

Northwest Missouri State University is a great school and I cannot wait to attend in the fall of 2020. I’ve visited 3 times and seem to fall in love more each time I go. Everything a person would need is there I don’t know why anyone would want to leave!

Kenzee

Northwest Missouri State University is a great school! The faculty and students here are really great! When I am in class I feel like my professors really know what they are doing! The campus is beautiful and really well kept. There is always something to do on campus so you are never bored, which is a good thing.

Alondra

I absolutely loved Northwest Missouri State University. From the moment I stepped foot on the campus for my tour, I knew it was the place for me. Everybody I encountered was friendly and understanding, and they always made me feel welcome and liked. My professors were always extremely good at making sure that everybody understood the course material and helping those who didn't, get the help they needed, whether that was from them directly, or helping them get tutoring set up. Northwest genuinely feels like a place for success. The classes are small, with lecture halls being around 60 students at the largest. The campus was always clean and beautiful, and you could always find somebody to help you get wherever you were going.

Miranda

At first, I did not even want to attend Northwest Missouri State University. I wanted to attend a much bigger D2 school with more people I did not know. I wanted a fresh start. With this being said, I would not change my school for thw world. The professors are so kind. The staff are always willing to help o matter what time time of day. There is an amazing universty police department who will be at a student's beck and call. The people at Northwest just want to see each and every single student succeed and make a name for themselves. I would never go to another college if I had the chance. Once a bearcat, always a bearcat.