Maryville, MO
Northwest Missouri State University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Northwest Missouri State University

Adam

Pick a school that is right for you. Don't pick a school to go to just because you have a lot of friends from high school. You can easily make new friends in school. Make sure to get active in campus activites and get out there and have some fun. The more you get out there the better your college experience will be. Focus on your studies as well. When looking for a new career businesses will look at your grades in college.

The Campus enviroment. It is easy to get around campus and make it to your classes on time. There is plenty of parking for off-campus students to park. The area around the school is looks really good. It is a small town but still there is things to do on the weekend.

Once you get further away from the main campus all there is, is a lot of farmland. Once you get of the main street leading into campus there is not a whole lot of businesses or anything to go to. It is either houses in one direction or farmland in the rest.

William

Everyone in your new classes is just as nervous on day 1, so being too passive is the only reason you wouldn't become friends or form a study group together.

Wisdom comes with experience. Make sure you hear everyone out before you make a decision, but don't necessarily believe everyone who proposes an idea to you.

Skye

Hey there, self. You're doing really well this year. And I know this whole "college" thing is kind of stressing you out, but I'm going to let you in on a couple secrets. To start off, don't worry about picking a major right away. Enroll in some general education courses at first if you want. It will give you a chance to dabble into the different areas of study available. You've got nothing to lose--after all, you've got to have them to graduate anyway! Also, don't stress yourself out about what you are going to grow up to be some day. If you remain open-minded, optimistic, and treat yourself well, the right path will appear; I know it! And besides, you're not in this thing alone! There will be so many opportunities for you to talk to knowledgeable staff and faculty, even older students, if you ever have a single doubt. Finally, make sure you let people become your friend, especially that roommate of yours! You guys will really help each other in that first year! Good luck, love. I'm dying to see where your life leads you! Love, Skye

It can be EXTREMELY windy. Actually, it's more of an everyday kind of thing. That's the only problem.

A BEAUTIFUL campus!!! And everyone is always excited, usually for the upcoming football game. The football team is unstopable!

Demetria

The unique thing about my school is the environmental friendly concern.

If I could go back in time as a high school senior, I would tell myself to manage my time better and not to procrastinate. I would also tell myself to save up more of my money.

They are super Friendly, everyone talks to everyone, competitive with grades, projects etc, outgoing, opinionated.

Do not go home every weekend. The first week make an effort to know the people living around you, in your classes etc. Go out with friends! Use your time wisley, sign up for many activites, and study hard!

Anyone who is looking for smaller class sizes, with a lot of one on one help. And if you want to meet a lot of people and know most people on campus this is the perfect school! And the football team is spectacular!

Traci

I would first start out by telling myself that I need to begin preparing myself for the responsibilities of being on my own. There will be no parents to help me manage my finances or to remind me to pay my bills. Next, I would advise myself to practice better study habits to prepare myself for the harder, more time-consuming classes that I will be taking in the future. I will need to study the subject material every single day rather than just the night before the test like I did for high school exams. Lastly, I would tell myself to enjoy the last few months with the friends that I grew up with. I need to appreciate my family and friends because they are going to support me through all the struggles of adjusting to college life. At the same time, I need to come out of my shell and be open to meeting new people and starting new friendships.

I like that the class sizes are small. This allows the professors to work more inividually with students to help them succeed.

There is not very much parking space.

Bailey

Northwest is a family-like environment.

Northwest is a family-like environment.

My advice is to visit many colleges and weigh your options to find a university where you can feel "at home." Find a university that both the student and parents feel comfortable and safe. Choose a university that you will be proud to support and attend. I believe that students should get involved on campus to experience college life to the fullest. Students should have a social life while maintaining focus on studies. Althought having fun is important to get the college experience, students should keep in mind that they are there to further their education and better their life. Parents should visit their child on family weekends and homecoming to show that they support their child.

The size is not overwhelming. It is possible to walk across campus and know quite a few people on the way to class. This really helps the students feel at home.

Anissa

My classmates in highschool were very dramatic and only focused on their social lives.

The only advice to parents I would give is to be open to everything your child may or may not want to do or visit. Try your best to give them every opportunity. To students, I would say take every oppportunity available. Go with your guy instinct, it's always right.

How to study. In my high school, the classes were very small and the teachers answered any questions you had for them.

clyde

The advice i would give to anyone trying to find the right college is this, look for one that isn't going to very stressful to you. If you go to a college that is always hectic then you are less likely to retain what you learn or focus on what is really important, your grades. A college that isn't stressful provides an environment that supports learning and helps an individual reach thier goals with out struggeling to do so. It also makes for a fun learning experience.

Let your children decide where they wish to attend college. Do not force them to stay near home or go to a certain size or religious based school. They will have a better experience with where they want to go. Even if it means they have to pay for tuition and take out loans.

A person that is open minded, outgoing, and likes the outdoors.

Northwest Missouri State University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.