Maryville, MO
Northwest Missouri State University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Northwest Missouri State University

Amber

My classmates are highly aware that paying attention in classes is important, helping others is common, and personal originality is expected.

"When searching for the right college for you remember to always look at all aspects of the school, such as the academic involvement from professors, student-teacher class ratio, school activities offered, surroundings, classes offered, cost, and location. Students that make the right choices are more likely to succeed than the students that make the wrong ones."

The worst thing about my college would be my battle with keeping my social life separated from my school work. I have struggled to stay in school. Many professors recommend help, but don't offer enough. I'm in a prgram called Student Support Services (SSS) that Northwest Missouri State University offers is somewhat helpful but also provide activities(social involvement) that I shouldn't attend; I should be studying instead. I meet new people, but this school don't focus enough on the students amount of studying, they focus more on student involvement and social activities.

Joshua

Northwest feels like one big family. There is very much a sense that everyone is here to help you. Overall, this campus is one of the most inviting places I've ever been.

In my opinion, college is more than just a series of programs and classes designed to earn a degree. So much of what is learned in college has nothing to do with class work. There is a very deep personal evolution that takes place during the college years, perhaps even more so than in high school. Thus, finding the right college means a little more than looking for one with a multitude of degress or a sterling reputation. A good college needs to serve as a true home away from home in which one feels comfortable to grow and explore their potential. The allure of a good college is not how fancy the buildings are or how expensive the equipment in the classes is. Rather, it's the feeling of belonging, of acceptance and encouragment that should spark an interest. For myself, this inviting sense was almost palpable at Northwest and I believe it is because of this enviornment that I have both the confidence and the drive to succeed in the real world. In the end, discovering the right college is like falling in love: it may be unexplainable, but once it happens you know it.

The only thing I wish I would have known prior to attending was that gas prices were going to rise so high. Since Northwest is located in a smaller town, it is often necessary to drive to other cities for shopping. This can sometimes add up and I occasionally wished I had taken this financial burden into consideration, although it really isn't that much of an issue.

Northwest Missouri State University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.