Maryville, MO
Northwest Missouri State University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Northwest Missouri State University

Rochelle

The advise that I would give myself is to go strait to college, not to wait cause of life, such as children. The most important thing is to further your education no matter what life throughs at you!!

I would have told myself that life is hard and that life isn't easy all the time but you push yourself day after day to finish what you started. I would have told myself to take as many classes for college while in high school instead of waiting. I would have chosen to apply for all the scholarships as I could so I wouldn't have to work while to school. I would have made sure that all my grades would have been great and maybe then I would have been chosen to got the their school rather than trying to find a college that had room for me. I would have pushed myself to do the best I could do, rather than just have way.

If I could go back in time and talk to myself as a senior I would have so many things to say about college life. First of all I would tell myself that it would not be as easy as I thought it was. I mean with so much freedom and time, its a whole new ball game to keep focused on the things that matter, like academics. Next I think I would tell me that I should definitely think hard about what I want in a college, not only academics and majors, but social life and extra-curricular activities too. I think the last thing I would tell myself is not to fret too much about college life, because even though its going to be hard, its also going to be one of the greatest experiences of my life so the less I worry about fitting in, and more on making new friends and learning, the easier and more fulfilling it will be.

Northwest Missouri State is very unique compared to many other colleges I looked at. Not only is the faculty amazing and willing to give as much help as you need, but the courses are flexible and unique so you can almost take any class to fit your academic needs. Also Northwest has a beautiful campus with a lot of history and friendly surroundings which helps with your schooling as well.

I believe that people who aren't willing to work shouldn't attend Northwest Missouri State University. Northwest is mainly about academics, and even though the extra-curricular activities are large in number, Northwest is not for those who don't know how to balance their time. Also those who are going to college for reasons other than learning shouldn't attend NWMSU.

Chase

I love all of my classmates here at Northwest. Because of the fairly small size here, it seems like we are all a family. Everyone was so friendly to me when I first arrived here in August. I will admit that I was homesick at first, but the friends that I have made here understood that, and they helped me through that. I have made some of the best friends that a guy could ever ask for.

There is so much that comes to mind when I think of this question. It seems like we were so naive as seniors in high school. I would tell myself to really inforce good study habits. That is so important when you get to college. Don't cram, because I have already found out that studying the week before, little by little, every night helped me a lot more. You also have to be very self motivated. In high school I was given a lot of slack, and I could hand in late assignments almost all the time. This isn't the case in college. You get the syllabus on the first day of class, and you better have the assignment done on the day it is due, or you will be given a zero for the most part. I think that is a good thing though. It helps you with responsibity. But most of all, I would just tell him to enjoy his senior year, and don't take anything for granted.

If you are concerned about your professors caring about you, knowing your name, and hopin you do well, this would be the school for you. All of my teachers have gone out of their way to help me and/or other students. It is just an amazing feeling. I like the fact that we aren't a huge school. A smaller school is definitely for me, possibly because I am from a small rural town to begin with.

Nathan

The best school experience Icould of ever imagined.

The best school experience Icould of ever imagined.

Go to the school I am at now. It will be the best decision you make, it is a great campus, great people, great professors. You will be so happy.

There is nothing really that is too frustrating, it is a great campus. The roads away from campus have pot holes that the town is constantly trying to fix, they are kind of a pain.

Sheldon

Don't take things for granted. Make sure you stay true to who you are and how far you have come. Don't get caught up in all the drama and try to avoid potentially bad situations. It will be worth it if you do. Enjoy your last year in high school and being the center of attention in school., but don't allow yourself to become stuck up and cocky. Be friends with everyone you can. The year will go by fast and it will all be over. There is no do-over. What happens is what you'll have to live with the rest of your life so be smart and think before doing and saying. Love life! It?s the only one you'll have.

NWMSU is located in a larger rural town. All the town resisdents support the university and the athletics very well. The university's atheltic teams are always in the top of the best in Division II sports. In fact, the football team has made it to the last five national championship games and last year, 2009, they won it. NWMSU is within two and half hours from Omaha, Nebraska, two hours from Kansas City, Missouri, and forty-five minutes from St. Joseph, Missouri. This is good because there are big attractions within a short drive.

The best thing about my school is that there is so much support from the whole town and community around Maryville. The town sort of "shuts down" during football games and other athletic events because most residents attend them. The community gets along with all of the students and enjoys them being at Northwest and in Maryville.

Northwest is an ideal perfect little community :) .

Northwest is an ideal perfect little community :) .

Think about what you want out of a life long career! I wish someone would have told me that as a high school student. If I could go back in time and talk to myself as a high school senior I would drill those exact words into my little naive head. I thought I had plenty of time to figure out career options because a career was so far away into my future. I must have believed I would wake up one morning with everything magically figured out. Unfortunately, this was not the case for me. I spent my freshman year of college picking classes with no clue of what type of major I was working towards. I used all of the career guidance tools, surveys, and quizzes supplied by Northwest to get me started. Yes, as a sophomore I do have my major figured out...finally! Waiting to make my final decision caused me to spend more money and time on classes not related to my major. On the brighter side, at least I gained a broader knowledge in various subjects and had fun along the way!

In high school I had a brain full of ideas. My idea of what I wanted to be when I "grow up" typically changed day-by-day. Looking back, I wish I would have looked deeper into career options before I came to Northwest, instead of thinking I would wake up one morning and have it all magically figured out. Waiting to make my final decision caused me to spend more money and time on classes not related to my major. On the brighter side, at least I gained a wider general knowledge and had fun along the way!

James

Northwest has a small town feel that is comforting to those that attended smaller highschools where teachers knew your name and you were more then just a number as in some of the bigger school.

My classmates here at Northwest are a little bit of evertything, from the farm boy to the city girl with quite a few foreign exchange students thrown in the mix.

Always be on the look out for a direction in life, its never too soon to start thinking about it. Dont put it off because you are only a senior and still have a whole summer and some to think about it. The sooner you start the more options become apparent and there are so many careers available today that the decision is not one to be made overnight.

Lyndsay

My advice back then would be to take my future more serious, understand how to manage my time, save money, learn out to deal with stress when it comes to big projects and tests, and most of all prepare myself for college and then my career. College is a roller coaster of stress, time management, money, careers, education, and it continues. If I would have been dealt these cards before I entered as a freshman, I think I would have had my eyes open a little wider and maybe had a better experience and a better understanding of my future and career. Northwest Missouri State University has taught me so much since I have been here and I am not done learning yet, my future and career are still in my path and that path is getting very short and it is both exciting and stressful! Thank you for your time :)

It doesn't matter what kind of person should attend Northwest Missouri State University. This school is for anyone who wants to receive a great experience, have wonderful professors, and make great friends that will last for life. Not to mention an education that will help you succeed in your future. This school is basically just the right size for a person afraid of a huge university and it is large enough to meet new people daily.

NWMSU has a great atmoshphere and people are so friendly (faculty, staff, students, etc). My teachers are very willing to help me when I need help on a paper, studying, etc and they are also very helpful when I need advice about classes. The campus is small enough to see many familiar and friendly faces but large enough to countinue to meet people. Plus the town that my school is in (Maryville) is small and most people know a lot of people here and I think it is nice to have that.

alex

Looking back my best advice to anyone that is about to be a first time freshmen is that the first semester is more about finding your niche than racing to get finished. Its going to take three to five years to graduate and a few extra classes your first semester arent going to make that much difference; take 12 to 15 credits at first and use the extra time to meet people. Go to the functions and parties you're invited to, take your roomate, and say yes to every opportunity. Eventually you will find your interests and your niche, build lifelong friendships and may even find the someone to spend your life with. You are guarranteed to have more fun and be more happy which will affect your grades in a positive way.

We have all kinds here, many ethnicities and beliefs ; so that is not an issue. Our school is small however and is not for those who love the bustling cities and the fast paced lifestyle. You must like being known by everyone and their dog and stopping to talk or have lunch with friends.

The campus is beautiful and all the buildings are within walking distance. There is a beautiful arbor walk and all of the buildings are iconic and unique. The area is expansive around campus with clean air, with rolling hills and nothing but cattle and crops. the town is quaint and tightly knitt, a place where the people take the time to get to know you, your needs, and love to talk.

Northwest Missouri State University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.